News A Dog’s Breakfast To Whole New Pedigree

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
An accurate look at the Dogs, and a prediction that is probably the worst case, finishing 12th.

Can't see us making the eight, but anything below 12th is unacceptable.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How disgraceful has our roster been for 3 years. I've never seen so many players released without picking up a new deal
Shame that we replaced some of them with players who wouldn’t pick up a new deal anywhere else, Flanno, Dufty, Allen

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame that we replaced some of them with players who wouldn’t pick up a new deal anywhere else, Flanno, Dufty, Allen
How the fark would any of us know if someone else had offered them a gig or not. Maybe lots of clubs offered them contracts but chose us because Barrett convinced them to, plenty of other players did the same. I know Flanagan was attracted to playing for Barrett.

Dufty had the bonus that he an Vaughan can car pool to training. Fark they might have even signed with us as package deal, take both or neither. He likes living around the Gong beaches and maybe he didn't want to move. Geographically we are better than most other Sydney NRL teams and certainly better in that regard than any interstate team. He was born in Hurstville and played for Penshurst, both on the StGeorge/Canterbury Bankstown border.

Allen had Bennett’s support, which is a pretty strong recommendation for any coach. Plus an SOO history, so hardly a “discard” that no one would want.

Always a Bulldog

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How the fark would any of us know if someone else had offered them a gig or not. Maybe lots of clubs offered them contracts but chose us because Barrett convinced them to, plenty of other players did the same. I know Flanagan was attracted to playing for Barrett.

Dufty had the bonus that he an Vaughan can car pool to training. Fark they might have even signed with us as package deal, take both or neither. He likes living around the Gong beaches and maybe he didn't want to move. Geographically we are better than most other Sydney NRL teams and certainly better in that regard than any interstate team. He was born in Hurstville and played for Penshurst, both on the StGeorge/Canterbury Bankstown border.

Allen had Bennett’s support, which is a pretty strong recommendation for any coach. Plus an SOO history, so hardly a “discard” that no one would want.

Always a Bulldog
Dufty took a one year deal with the wooden spooners, if there was any other deal on the table he would have taken it, carpool lol

Flanno unwanted at the Roosters, is now being shopped unfortunately there’s no takers.

Allen couldn’t nail down a spot in possibly the worst first grade side that’s ever been fielded.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no way Penshurst and Hurstville are on the border!
Riverwood maybe...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dufty took a one year deal with the wooden spooners, if there was any other deal on the table he would have taken it, carpool lol

Flanno unwanted at the Roosters, is now being shopped unfortunately there’s no takers.

Allen couldn’t nail down a spot in possibly the worst first grade side that’s ever been fielded.
But you’re guessing who other clubs might or might not have been chasing, as we all are.

Allen had a pretty good year with the Wabbits and played SOO, directly before he signed with us. The fact that he had an average year with us last year is irrelevant.

Whether Flanagan is now being shopped around (which he isn’t) is similarly irrelevant. I do know that there were other teams talking to his manager but Barrett convinced him to join us.

Dufty took the same deal as Vaughan, who you didn’t mention. Of the 2 my view is Vaughan was most likely the least favoured option, with his age and discipline record, to be fielding offers from others.

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dufty has been the cause for much criticism. However he is good on his day.
With better support players around him, he should perform very well.
I remember another St. George reject who received the same criticism from the Kennel.
His name was Luke Patten. I think he went OK.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But you’re guessing who other clubs might or might not have been chasing, as we all are.

Allen had a pretty good year with the Wabbits and played SOO, directly before he signed with us. The fact that he had an average year with us last year is irrelevant.

Whether Flanagan is now being shopped around (which he isn’t) is similarly irrelevant. I do know that there were other teams talking to his manager but Barrett convinced him to join us.

Dufty took the same deal as Vaughan, who you didn’t mention. Of the 2 my view is Vaughan was most likely the least favoured option, with his age and discipline record, to be fielding offers from others.

Always a Bulldog
Allen and Flanno probably had other options before coming here, now their careers are probably over.

Dufty had no offers from NRL clubs, he was coming from the team tipped to win the spoon to the team who actually won the spoon and still only got a one year deal, it was ESL or the Dogs. Maybe he revives his career here who knows.

Vaughn would be guaranteed a starting spot somewhere else, even if he has been on the decline for a few years. He’s a serial dumbshit and we scooped him up for a bargain. If he fucks up he’s gone, no risk for us really as long as we don’t offer him more money or a big extension.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no way Penshurst and Hurstville are on the border!
Riverwood maybe...
For junior clubs Beverly Hills is the edge of the CB district and Penshurst, in the StGeorge district, is the next suburb to Beverly Hills, so it is most definitely on the boarder. Kingsgrove (CB) and Hurstville (StG) similarly.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Allen and Flanno probably had other options before coming here, now their careers are probably over.

Dufty had no offers from NRL clubs, he was coming from the team tipped to win the spoon to the team who actually won the spoon and still only got a one year deal, it was ESL or the Dogs. Maybe he revives his career here who knows.

Vaughn would be guaranteed a starting spot somewhere else, even if he has been on the decline for a few years. He’s a serial dumbshit and we scooped him up for a bargain. If he fucks up he’s gone, no risk for us really as long as we don’t offer him more money or a big extension.
I have to say that you make huge baseless assumptions to think that any players were/are going to remain unsigned. That assumption comes from a point where you assume that you have a level of wisdom on players that encompasses the combined knowledge and wisdom of all NRL and super league teams.

There's plenty of players I see no value in that find clubs. My opinions might seem like absolute logic to me, but they're irrelevant to others. Your opinions are similarly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It only takes one or two coaching staff who see diamonds in the rough to get a player we see no value in a new contract.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have to say that you make huge baseless assumptions to think that any players were/are going to remain unsigned. That assumption comes from a point where you assume that you have a level of wisdom on players that encompasses the combined knowledge and wisdom of all NRL and super league teams.

There's plenty of players I see no value in that find clubs. My opinions might seem like absolute logic to me, but they're irrelevant to others. Your opinions are similarly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It only takes one or two coaching staff who see diamonds in the rough to get a player we see no value in a new contract.
Maybe your’re right, Dufty could have had a 3 year offer at another club but Baz convinced him to sign with us for minimum wage on a 1 year deal.