A bit too early but...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your joking.

Cleary kicked the Rabbitohs to death and deserved the Churchill medal for the way he put South’s on the back foot the whole game. If there was such a thing as an 11 out of 10 kicking game it would of went to Cleary in the GF.
Yeah I think Burton was one of the best players on field but Cleary was a standout. But you have to look at it realistically... the number of times Cleary touches the ball and what the team does revolves all around him, he was always going to be an odds on favourite if the Panthers won.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jake will take too many points off him to be player of the year.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thurston took the Cowboys to the GF in his first season... Just saying.
The cowboys were already prelim finalists the year before. The dogs wooden spooners. Big difference

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's just calm the farm and hope we can gel as a team and score tries. That was our downfall last year.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine if Burton has a Dally M season next year ?

History has shown that one player can carry a single team from bottom four to contenders.

Hayne, Carney, Barba, Turbo, etc

Imagine if Burton has a breakout season next year....
Settle pettle!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's just calm the farm and hope we can gel as a team and score tries. That was our downfall last year.
our defence was the main problem last year. Attack can come but defence wins games

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree. I thought our defence was pretty good mostly. There were lapses when we were tired, but that's to be expected when we couldn't cross the line. If we scored more tries we wouldn't have had to defend as often and for the length of time we did. That's my opinion, and with a bit more creativity coming next season we will improve immensely. I hope. :-)

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Burton will be a little up and down, very hard for someone of his age to be consistent in the NRL in such an important position. Players like Hayne, Barba and Turbo can come in and out of a game from fullback, Burton will have to be on all game at 5/8 as he will be the dominant half whether he plays 6 or 7.

He will do some really good things for us, but in his first full season in the halves we have to be willing to forgive him for a few dumb things too.

I think 2023 is the year that Burton could make that step up.
Yep, i think the outrageous team improvements happen if the player is at fullback. Hayne, Barba, Turbo.

Its no wonder i rank fullback as one of the top 2 positions in the team. If you dont have a very good fullback, you better hope you have 12 other top players to be competitive.

Panthers have best halfback which allows them to carry a Dylan Edwards who is goid, but not great.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

History has shown that one player can carry a single team from bottom four to contenders.

Damn ...

Interesting

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Storm game this year, 1st half May starved him of ball. 2nd half Burton took over helped them get equal score.

He can definitely change a game on his own, then we add in Fox, Dufty, Naden and some top quality big boys were going to be winning more than losing.