A BIG F U...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lucky enough to see a couple of Dogs glory day games on Fox today...
Really enjoy the quality and free flowing footy, and the hits...

So my BIG FU goes to-

NRL - banning shoulder charge...
Bellamy - wrestling...

Would prefer if this didn't turn into a Des bashing thread, just a simple BIG F U des - playing style will be sufficient...
Good luck with that me...

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh i watched a couple of games...the game pretty much looks the worst it ever has atm

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I fucking loved the early 2000's the real old blokes will say it died / changed long before then... However i think 2006 was the last year of decent footy... Bellamy and a host of others changed it for the worst that season.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A BIG FU -
Brisbane Airport security - confiscating a second ciggie lighter at security screen... Yet i can go in and buy a hundred in the departure lounge...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A BIG FU -
Brisbane Airport security - confiscating a second ciggie lighter at security screen... Yet i can go in and buy a hundred in the departure lounge...
Clearly a terrorist!!! nobody needs more than one lighter except those dirty stinking terrorists.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To Nathan Hindmarsh. Very ordinary effort.

Just watched a reording of an interview shown last night on Bulldogs season review with Steve Menzies and Brian Fletcher on one side of the table, with Sam Perrett and Michael Ennis on the other side of the table. Ennis was asked what would be his ultimate job in retirement and he replied working for Fox Sports.
Half way through Hindmarsh walks in shakes hands with Sam P and presents him with a white box containing a watch. He then slides a similar box down the table to Eniis who opens it up and said "it's a ladies watch", and then walks out. No handshake between Ennis and Hindmarsh. I didn't see this as Hindmarsh trying to be funny. You might remember the incident at ANZ Stadium in Hindmarsh's last year I think, where they were both sin binned. Ennis for sledging him, and Hindmarsh for throwing a punch in retaliation. Clearly these two have deep seated issues and could not possibly work together. Ennis is far more eloquent perhaps Hindmarsh sees him as a threat.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

Just watched a reording of an interview shown last night on Bulldogs season review with Steve Menzies and Brian Fletcher on one side of the table, with Sam Perrett and Michael Ennis on the other side of the table. Ennis was asked what would be his ultimate job in retirement and he replied working for Fox Sports.
Half way through Hindmarsh walks in shakes hands with Sam P and presents him with a white box containing a watch. He then slides a similar box down the table to Eniis who opens it up and said "it's a ladies watch", and then walks out. No handshake between Ennis and Hindmarsh. I didn't see this as Hindmarsh trying to be funny. You might remember the incident at ANZ Stadium in Hindmarsh's last year I think, where they were both sin binned. Ennis for sledging him, and Hindmarsh for throwing a punch in retaliation. Clearly these two have deep seated issues and could not possibly work together. Ennis is far more eloquent perhaps Hindmarsh sees him as a threat.
they are obviously playing to that incident and are on good terms

btw ennis got sin binned for getting punched, next time thurston says something on the field somebody should just punch him and get him sin binned so that they dont have thurston for 10 minutes

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

hindmatsh thinks he got the better of Ennis but he comes off looking like a bitch

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Ennis won a title Hindmarsh is a flopping hack :D

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A BIG FU -
This is because they know what the liquid is inside of the ones in the departure lounge I guess. Same goes with water bottles, perfume etc

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just Australia or do other countries have the same ?
Internationally, it's pretty uniform. No individual container of >100m in carry on. And you are supposed to put it all in a single ziplock bag no bigger than about 20cmx20cm.

What's a bit annoying is that domestically, its no so uniform. Australia has relaxed their laws on this sort of thing, but when I took an internal flight in Thailand a few weeks ago, they are following the international standard (l maybe the US standard, which they often follow on this sort of thing), and I had to leave a couple of things behind... my own silly fault for not double checking I suppose.

I do have a funny airport security story though. I have a thing/problem where I steal/take all possible hotel toiletries from everywhere I stay. I had that much time around that, I jammed the goods (shampoo/soap/toothbrushes,shaving kits etc) into 3 hard tubes which I had used the month before to transport some red wine over. When arriving at Brisbane airport last week, I had to declare something else (a wooden item i'd bought). and so did the right thing and said I had something to declare.

So anyway, the guy says he wants to xray all my gear, so I put my large suitcase through, and lo and behold, I am told there were some suspicious items in my suitcase, so off we go to another place where I am asked a heap of questions and told to open my suitcase. At this point, I'd worked out what happened, and said "its the tubes isn't it?". To which he nodded very seriously, so I opened one of them and he started taking out a shitload of toiletries tightly packed, which, on the xray machine must have looked like bags of drugs or something.

I then had to sheepishly explain my hotel toiletries fetish to the guy, who by now at least had lightened up and said "mate, your entitled to take them". And, after seeing the first tube didn't bother with the other 2. I guess he must see a lot worse than a soap thief.

And so now I can go another year of not buying toiletries :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A BIG FU -
hahaha
Internationally, it's pretty uniform. No individual container of >100m in carry on. And you are supposed to put it all in a single ziplock bag no bigger than about 20cmx20cm.

What's a bit annoying is that domestically, its no so uniform. Australia has relaxed their laws on this sort of thing, but when I took an internal flight in Thailand a few weeks ago, they are following the international standard (l maybe the US standard, which they often follow on this sort of thing), and I had to leave a couple of things behind... my own silly fault for not double checking I suppose.

I do have a funny airport security story though. I have a thing/problem where I steal/take all possible hotel toiletries from everywhere I stay. I had that much time around that, I jammed the goods (shampoo/soap/toothbrushes,shaving kits etc) into 3 hard tubes which I had used the month before to transport some red wine over. When arriving at Brisbane airport last week, I had to declare something else (a wooden item i'd bought). and so did the right thing and said I had something to declare.

So anyway, the guy says he wants to xray all my gear, so I put my large suitcase through, and lo and behold, I am told there were some suspicious items in my suitcase, so off we go to another place where I am asked a heap of questions and told to open my suitcase. At this point, I'd worked out what happened, and said "its the tubes isn't it?". To which he nodded very seriously, so I opened one of them and he started taking out a shitload of toiletries tightly packed, which, on the xray machine must have looked like bags of drugs or something.

I then had to sheepishly explain my hotel toiletries fetish to the guy, who by now at least had lightened up and said "mate, your entitled to take them". And, after seeing the first tube didn't bother with the other 2. I guess he must see a lot worse than a soap thief.

And so now I can go another year of not buying toiletries :grinning:
Hahaha I do that too but I never use them .. Why do we do it ? lol

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is because they know what the liquid is inside of the ones in the departure lounge I guess. Same goes with water bottles, perfume etc
Understood... My main issue is that Brisbane is the only one that does it, and not every time...
Inconsistency at airport security is concerning and annoying...
Also there is no actual rule that says you cant take two, the literature I found indicated it was at securities discretion... Ie is someone hates smokers, or a particular person they can take what they want...
My other issue is the vernacular; they say you "surrender" the lighter, when they are actually confiscating....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
hahaha

Hahaha I do that too but I never use them .. Why do we do it ? lol
For me it was a habit i started in childhood - we were fairly poor and only stayed in 2 star motor inns on the way to visiting relatives in QLD from NSW. Now I generally get to stay in nicer places (and especially if Mrs CD's employer is paying), and get the nicer stuff.

If you have a crapload of it sitting around the house, there are charities that will take them. They are good for homeless people and others. If I didn't genuinely use them, I think i'd do that (and I probably should anyway - it is a bit ridiculous for a 39 year old man to somehow be excited that he hasn't bought shampoo since 2011!).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Understood... My main issue is that Brisbane is the only one that does it, and not every time...
Inconsistency at airport security is concerning and annoying...
Also there is no actual rule that says you cant take two, the literature I found indicated it was at securities discretion... Ie is someone hates smokers, or a particular person they can take what they want...
My other issue is the vernacular; they say you "surrender" the lighter, when they are actually confiscating....
The language/wording used would have a legal basis for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.