Opinion A 7 could take us to a new level

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a feeling that we will announce our next signing within the next week & I think it will happen after Ash Taylor signs with the Warriors. I got an inkling that he will be the first Domino to trigger a chain reaction of player movements after that.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chanel plays like the panthers 6, but he is more aggressive in defence, good pick up

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im really hoping Flanno can improve over the off season. With Burton there ,it should take some pressure off him and he might regain some confidence

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Right now there is no #7 available next year that would "take us to a new level", the fact is none are any better than what we have to choose from internally. All of the "available" external options have deficiencies of their own, be it age, injuries, long rap sheets, unjustifiable price tags or just plain not good enough. Unless something/someone falls out of the sky, that's the way it is.

Not one of our 1/2 prospects is guaranteed the role, it's open for someone to take it and make it theirs. We need to let the coaching staff work on what we have during the pre season, then accept that whoever they choose has been the best, worked the hardest, displayed the most skills and has actually earned the gig.

Always a Bulldog

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m willing to give Flano first crack next season. He’s shown he can do well and do his job in a good team with good players around him. Last season he tried to do to much and it got to him. Give him a chance with a competent halves partner next to him, and playing behind forwards who will get him playing on the front foot.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our fully hectic forward pack will give Avo, Burto and Flanno plenty of space to think of something over a season, sick of this 'need a seven'
Worse comes to worse, swap Burton into a half and he will be better than anything else we have tried.