The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of the idiots you deal with when trying to sell things on Gumtree.

Ad says: $100. Price is fixed.
Half the responses are either: Will you take $70 for it? Or: What is the lowest you would take for it?

Then there are the people who get stroppy with you when you tell them its first come first serve, and no, I will not hold a $50 item for you until tomorrow. Yes, i'm sure you are genuine, but I just it out of my garage.

Basically, with baby #2 on the way and needing a bigger car, and with my garage getting a bit cluttered, I'm cleaning out and selling off some old stuff. Some people must really enjoy the tire kicking. To be honest, i'd rather give something to charity than have some idiot try to screw me down after I have told them the price isn't negotiable. And don't get me started on no shows!
Sorry lol im a **** on Gumtree i once scored a brand-new makita drop saw for $70 i target people who are moving abroad, unfortunately something came up the other day that i would of very happily put 3k on it but missed out person hit them for $1500 there and then and they took it ,
Please show us the pics brother :grinning:
On my old smashed phone ill get it sorted because i definitely know there's a few on there with otto bins :tearsofjoy:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
"Moving Abroad" aka "stolen from some poor ***** ute and I need to offload fast for meth money".
I use to hang out with a speed junky.
He would steal from utes like petty junkies do and sell it all to this old guy for 50 bux!

He'd say I'm going to see Smitty for fiddy.
I'd always reply with lol you pathetic junky.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What grinds my gears is when I decide to watch a bulldogs game for the first time in 5 years and see the game has absolutely no integrity left due to match fixing!

I feel sorry for anyone who believes the NRL is a game of integrity.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
People writing "could of" instead of "could have" or "could've"

If they took a moment to think, they'd realise that "could of" is not only incorrect, but that it makes no sense.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL referees who either don't know the rules, or lack the ability to be consistent in their rulings.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who think they run other peoples lives can go fuck their dead mumma.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My fucking knee. Three days worth of pain and I don't even recall twisting, overstretching or any form of impact. The turd of a thing just decided to hurt some time between Monday night and 4am Tuesday morning. I at least deserve a reason to be suffering.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the idiots you deal with when trying to sell things on Gumtree.

Ad says: $100. Price is fixed.
Half the responses are either: Will you take $70 for it? Or: What is the lowest you would take for it?

Then there are the people who get stroppy with you when you tell them its first come first serve, and no, I will not hold a $50 item for you until tomorrow. Yes, i'm sure you are genuine, but I just it out of my garage.

Basically, with baby #2 on the way and needing a bigger car, and with my garage getting a bit cluttered, I'm cleaning out and selling off some old stuff. Some people must really enjoy the tire kicking. To be honest, i'd rather give something to charity than have some idiot try to screw me down after I have told them the price isn't negotiable. And don't get me started on no shows!
Haha this pisses me off so much. Worst is the what’s the lowest you will take... I don’t even respond to them anymore!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People who park SUVs in "Small car only" spots and not even do that well.

I came back to this next to my car this morning.

View attachment 9572
I park a rather large sedan Commodore in small car spots at my local shopping centre. Only 'cause they're the same size as the other spots. There's literally no reason for them to be small car spots except that they're near a wall so it would make it a bit more difficult to park if you had a full family.

Then there's North Sydney parking lots where the normal spots are as wide as my car and there's no way to park without climbing out the window.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha this pisses me off so much. Worst is the what’s the lowest you will take... I don’t even respond to them anymore!!
When asked what the lowest i would take. i replied: $100, as per the ad.

I eventually sold the fridge for the full $100, plus a bunch of other stuff and now finally have some room in my garage.

If anybody wants a Bugaboo Pram, let me know.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@K E dammit bro! I had to read the rest of those friggin comics, and now I'm hooked :unamused:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When you buy something for a competition, lose the receipt, and then realise it says "retain receipt if you win".

I'm thinking I might have to go and buy another packet of chips with same comp, and retain the receipt for "both purchases" in case I do win something LOL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A pig is someone who walks over other people, it affects peoples friends, families and colleagues.
A gutless prank is a gutless prank, how do you respect faceless cowards?
Communism will never be welcome in our free country.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Car companies that don't do printed brochures.

They cite environmental reasons, but it just makes them look cheap. if I'm going to drop over 50 grand on an environmentally damaging SUV, I want a brochure dammit!

I was hoping to spend my overseas flight next weekend pouring over car brochures.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Car companies that don't do printed brochures.

They cite environmental reasons, but it just makes them look cheap. if I'm going to drop over 50 grand on an environmentally damaging SUV, I want a brochure dammit!

I was hoping to spend my overseas flight next weekend pouring over car brochures.
Yep everything is a digital brochure or you have to apply for a printed one, so the dealer can harass you for the next decade.