The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at the beach today, and this skinny blonde bimbo decided to sit next to us and put makeup on. The look on my face was... well I can't really describe it. I have never felt my face move in the directions it was moving in when I saw her apply that shit in 38 degree temps.
Why does it bother you so much?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why does it bother you so much?
Because in 38 degree heat, that shit will melt off as soon as the sun hits it. How many women do you know who go to the beach and apply makeup while there? That was the first time I've seen such a thing...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because in 38 degree heat, that shit will melt off as soon as the sun hits it. How many women do you know who go to the beach and apply makeup while there? That was the first time I've seen such a thing...
Didn't know you were such an expert on make up TBH.... (but seriously, make up won't just "melt" off on a hot day, otherwise, no women could wear it in summer).

I don't recall seeing a woman put it on on the beach, but then again, I haven't been looking out for it. I'm sure plenty do who want to touch up, they might be going out afterwards etc.

My Mrs rarely leaves the house without makeup, even if we are just popping down to the markets on a Sunday morning. Many women don't like being out without it, including at the beach.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Didn't know you were such an expert on make up TBH.... (but seriously, make up won't just "melt" off on a hot day, otherwise, no women could wear it in summer).

I don't recall seeing a woman put it on on the beach, but then again, I haven't been looking out for it. I'm sure plenty do who want to touch up, they might be going out afterwards etc.

My Mrs rarely leaves the house without makeup, even if we are just popping down to the markets on a Sunday morning. Many women don't like being out without it, including at the beach.
I know that ladies like to wear it, but come on, on a 40 degree day why? I think I saw one other woman at beach wearing it yesterday but she already had it on. This one was applying it. Let's face it, you sweat, it runs. You swim, it runs. You walk in the sun, it runs. It makes no sense.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If she was applying it in the water, or intending to go for a swim then it's dumb unless it's waterproof makeup.
If she was just sunbaking and posing, fair enough.

That said when it's hot the pores of your skin expand, meaning any makeup needs to be applied more heavy handed as it's filling in microscopic pores in your skin as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That stupid neighbours ad is pissing me off at the moment. I've had to listen to that stupid Izzy song a fucking thousand times already and I don't even watch that much TV. And even when I watch TV both neighbours and Home and away have seemed like absolute shite for about 27 years and if I happen to be watching 7 or 10 when either comes on I switch channels before the opening credits play through. I actually felt myself losing respect for my dad last time i visited when he watched H&A with rapt attention when it came on last time i visited him.

It's really fucking annoying that they keep pumping out the ads for shows for months between seasons of the shows themselves. Especially when they've had a monkey write shithouse songs that are equal parts repetitive and annoying.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That stupid neighbours ad is pissing me off at the moment. I've had to listen to that stupid Izzy song a fucking thousand times already and I don't even watch that much TV. And even when I watch TV both neighbours and Home and away have seemed like absolute shite for about 27 years and if I happen to be watching 7 or 10 when either comes on I switch channels before the opening credits play through. I actually felt myself losing respect for my dad last time i visited when he watched H&A with rapt attention when it came on last time i visited him.

It's really fucking annoying that they keep pumping out the ads for shows for months between seasons of the shows themselves. Especially when they've had a monkey write shithouse songs that are equal parts repetitive and annoying.
What the hell are you talking about? Oh, you're talking about THIS:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Play this.. it'll calm you down!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Oh, you're talking about THIS:

Yeah thats the one. It sounds like a lady eating an apple to me at this stage.

Play this.. it'll calm you down!!

Ok. So the song in it's entirety is a bit annoying, but like the Adele song they snipped and played to death for the underbelly ads, I'll never be able to listen to the song now without cringing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You know, Al (can I call you Al?), I never thought of you as someone who would have their gears ground. You seem like a pretty chilled fellow...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know, Al (can I call you Al?), I never thought of you as someone who would have their gears ground. You seem like a pretty chilled fellow...
Yeah I'm fine with being called Al as long as I can call you Betty (refer to the Paul Simon song). Seriously I'm fine with being called Al though. I am pretty relaxed by nature but things like repetitive music and bad driving still annoy me. I'm pretty sure I've posted in here about bad drivers a few times. It's a good place to have a bit of a rant about things here though.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm fine with being called Al as long as I can call you Betty (refer to the Paul Simon song). Seriously I'm fine with being called Al though. I am pretty relaxed by nature but things like repetitive music and bad driving still annoy me. I'm pretty sure I've posted in here about bad drivers a few times. It's a good place to have a bit of a rant about things here though.
If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal

Wahesh

Reaction score
So, I was prepared for another day of heat which would've grinded my gears, but instead something the complete opposite happened which also grinds my gears.

FUCKING THUNDERSTORMS! I HATE THEM! I WANT TO SLEEP WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. IF THE NOISY SHIT DON'T WAKE YOU THE LIGHT SHOW SURELY WILL!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So, I was prepared for another day of heat which would've grinded my gears, but instead something the complete opposite happened which also grinds my gears.

FUCKING THUNDERSTORMS! I HATE THEM! I WANT TO SLEEP WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE. IF THE NOISY SHIT DON'T WAKE YOU THE LIGHT SHOW SURELY WILL!!!
That storm last night was a cracker.

Hung overhead at 4am for fuck knows how long lighting up the sky like a massive mozzie zapper above the house.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listening to the news State Rail has seventy sick train drivers.
It didn't happen in our day and will never be an excuse for the trains being up the shit.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That storm last night was a cracker.

Hung overhead at 4am for fuck knows how long lighting up the sky like a massive mozzie zapper above the house.
We're copping it again here mate lol. At least it's still light (somewhat) and hopefully it'll pass when bedtime comes.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I love em..especially early in the morning!!!