What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If I have to delete one more comment from this thread because it strays off topic, I'm reply banning people.

If that same conversational topic is started up elsewhere, I'll just ban from the entire Lounge subforum.

Discussions in regards to TV shows are fine. Arguements delving into feminist / SJWs / PC brigade bullshit / etc are not. Some users have already been warned about it and told to DROP IT but it appears the message is not getting through.

Some people just need to grow up and take their bullshit elsewhere.

This will be the final warning on the matter before action is taken.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else get through the punisher season 2 yet? I thought it was pretty good, i think it will definitely trigger some people as they will add the weird netflix obama thing + white supremacist bad guy seeks redemption in weird christian cult + the use of marilyn mansons 'say10' in a car chase scene and make something of it :laughing:. I gotta say daredevil season 3 was better though.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get through the punisher season 2 yet? I thought it was pretty good, i think it will definitely trigger some people as they will add the weird netflix obama thing + white supremacist bad guy seeks redemption in weird christian cult + the use of marilyn mansons 'say10' in a car chase scene and make something of it :laughing:. I gotta say daredevil season 3 was better though.
Hadn't seen 1 episode yet is it worth investing time into, im on the man in the high castle atm very good so far

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I have to delete one more comment from this thread because it strays off topic, I'm reply banning people.

If that same conversational topic is started up elsewhere, I'll just ban from the entire Lounge subforum.

Discussions in regards to TV shows are fine. Arguements delving into feminist / SJWs / PC brigade bullshit / etc are not. Some users have already been warned about it and told to DROP IT but it appears the message is not getting through.

images.jpeg.jpg

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hadn't seen 1 episode yet is it worth investing time into, im on the man in the high castle atm very good so far
Yeah would certainly recommend it, i think the punisher season 1 was better but you know sometimes it is hard to keep things going, something like the punisher i think is kinda of a difficult show to just keep going because it just becomes same shit different day, anyway there won't be anymore, two seasons are it. Pretty much the same thing with daredevil, season 1 was very good, season 2 slipped away but season 3 comes back very strong. Again that is it for daredevil as well now. If you plan on watching both series let us know, there is an order to watch them but i will say you can watch either series without watching the other, it won't ruin it but there are a couple of things that carry over between the two though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I preferred Punisher season 2 over season 1. Great season. It still had the same problem as season 1 though. Went for too long and had too much filler. If they cut out a few episodes it would have been better.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Colony a while back and didn't think it was very good. Gave it another go and binged season 1 and 2.

Season 1 feels a bit slow and seems like it's not going to go anywhere but it gets a lot stronger toward the end. Season 2 is much better. They have several squad tactic scenes which are some of the best close quarter combat scenes I've seen. Using full military sweep tactics.

It also becomes really interesting and intense with the situation they're in. Every time the resistance makes a small dent in the aliens the backlash is overkill. The whole show starts feeling like an unwinable situation which is a good change from the usual, "good guys always win" thing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watching a 3 part documentary series at the moment done by BBC World called Earths Great Rivers.

It's visually stunning and so full of information. Loving it!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nearly done, so much better than season one.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nearly done, so much better than season one.
Yeah i just thought it started to get a bit 'been here done that' by the end of it, i did really enjoy it still, it was an awesome series. Only thing is i would have loved to see him up against Vincent D'Onofrio's version of kingpin, that would have been epic, it was epic in daredevil but frank the tank vs him would have been as well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jack Whitehall - Travels with my father.

Watched Season 1 Ep 1 last night with wifey and we were pissing ourselves laughing.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm actually watching re-runs of my favorite old Sitcoms. I just can't get into the new shows I watch and they're starting to pile up.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man. Season 2 of punisher has me torn.
They’ve like turned him into a tool for the left to defeat the evil “alt right christians”. That Dinah actor is soooo painful to watch, all she does is be offended and claim men are cruel and she’s a smart and strong woman. Gets upset a cop said he didn’t think she’d destroy billy physically to her saying what you don’t think I’m strong enough. Like fuck off lol.
Then we have episode 1, of course you have to have a white guy gran a womans hand and have punisher as the sjw. Thennnnn we get half hour of the first fkn episode of the punisher crying in bed with a random bitch he “saved”.
The punishers character is not like that one bit in the comics.

Anyways why I’m torn is coz the action is fkn brutal, and are sort of saying ok let’s out women as assassins but we’re not going to nerf punisher to appease a certain crowd. Absolutely destroys men and women (equally). I mean it’s hard to tell me I’m making a show political when it’s actually political lol. It doesn’t shy away from the politics and making the right evil and try make punisher the angel of death for the left loll. Gotta have gays as the victims yay.
But it’s funny coz a lot of reviews don’t think it was left enough, I think it was tooooooo left for the punisher as he is in no way a lefty character in the comics. He’s not about social justice and politics, he’s about pure justice.

For me though I still think punisher from daredevil season 2 is the best iteration of the character, minimal emotions like in the comics and just brutal straight up justice.

@ASSASSIN @Hacky McAxe

Now hacky I’m not saying women can’t be asassins lol but like when that female was like “punisher is nothing like she’s been up against before” I was like bitch why you acting like you’re the bar of an elite warrior lol.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
**** Spoilers if ya haven't watched Punisher Season 2 *******
I think you just go loaded into some of these shows looking for things that push your agenda. Look at daredevil, you have a devout catholic and the one time he really starts to loose his mojo coincides with the fact he begins to question his faith, once he works that out he goes back to kicking ass, that certainly doesn't fit this supposed left wing agenda of defeating the evil christian. Back to the punisher, of course he obviously had a softer side, he was happily married with kids was he not? They really had two choices at the end of that 1) Frank could have gone back to the chic at the dinner and lived the fluffy happy ever after story 2)Slip right into the comic book style punisher. I think they pretty clearly showed him taking option number 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
**** Spoilers if ya haven't watched Punisher Season 2 *******
I think you just go loaded into some of these shows looking for things that push your agenda. Look at daredevil, you have a devout catholic and the one time he really starts to loose his mojo coincides with the fact he begins to question his faith, once he works that out he goes back to kicking ass, that certainly doesn't fit this supposed left wing agenda of defeating the evil christian. Back to the punisher, of course he obviously had a softer side, he was happily married with kids was he not? They really had two choices at the end of that 1) Frank could have gone back to the chic at the dinner and lived the fluffy happy ever after story 2)Slip right into the comic book style punisher. I think they pretty clearly showed him taking option number 2
I had to delete my original reply to this lol I think I strayed
Off topic a bit.
But look. If you read a comic about punisher or even a quick description, you’ll see punisher never gets gossipy about his emotions. How can he when he’s killing people left and right? An emotional person won’t survive mentally that toll. He closed himself off from emotions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bro there are shows that are actually political and make references to political movements lol. How can that be avoided in the discussion? Lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had to delete my original reply to this lol I think I strayed
Off topic a bit.
But look. If you read a comic about punisher or even a quick description, you’ll see punisher never gets gossipy about his emotions. How can he when he’s killing people left and right? An emotional person won’t survive mentally that toll. He closed himself off from emotions.
I thought that was what they pretty much showed him doing in the end, i noticed you said in your deleted post you hadn't finished it, my bad but i did put a spoiler warning lol, I thought by your post you had finished it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought that was what they pretty much showed him doing in the end, i noticed you said in your deleted post you hadn't finished it, my bad but i did put a spoiler warning lol, I thought by your post you had finished it.
All good I read reviews that were upset he didn’t ride into the sunset all happy with a new strong woman hahaha. I’ll finish it tonight and be back to give my final objective thoughts.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All good I read reviews that were upset he didn’t ride into the sunset all happy with a new strong woman hahaha. I’ll finish it tonight and be back to give my final objective thoughts.
I will say i was pretty convinced that was what they were going to do, i was quite happy they didn't. I don't know maybe i am taking the ending wrong, but yeah my interpretation of it was frank accepting that the punisher was his job and embracing it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will say i was pretty convinced that was what they were going to do, i was quite happy they didn't. I don't know maybe i am taking the ending wrong, but yeah my interpretation of it was frank accepting that the punisher was his job and embracing it.
That’s how it should be though lol. Not every character needs to have emotions ffs or be positive and happy lol. There’s already enough of that.
IGN put an article out saying they need to reboot punisher to be more comedic and happy like the mcu movies. They can’t even deal with one character sticking to cannon and not be family friendly.
They fkd up with arrow like that, he was a total band **** but then they added female soapy bullocks and fucked his character.