What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone watched Mr Mercedes on Fox ? I found this AWESOME. series 2 not available as yet.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs has been watching Roseanne. Or as it's called now, "The Connors" after Roseanne got kicked off the show for being racist.

The show now is basically a mix of anti-Trump democratic propaganda and Christian reformation show where the family realises that they must repent and save their souls.

In the Mrs defence, she also watches Last Man Standing which is basically an anti-democrat Republican show.
Good to see her getting some balance.

Like in Family Ties, how the parents were hippies but their kids were conservatives.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just watched 2 series from Foxtel.

Firstly, Barry, which is created, written, directed by and starring Bill Hader (not sure if he also does the catering). It's a show about an everyday hitman from the midwest, who, when doing a job in LA, catches the acting bug. He then tries to get away from "the life", but , obviously for comic effect he can't. Stephen Root is funny as his offsider/handler. It's not really LOL comedy, but is quite clever and simple. I think where it suffers is that Bill Hader really is carrying the lot and it shows a bit. I was thinking a bit of shows like Master of None or Louie in this regard. If it returns for Seaon 2, i'll watch.

The other is Fighting Season. It's an Aussie mini series (6 x 1 hour episodes) about a group of 4 soldiers who return from Afghanistan to Sydney in 2011 harbouring a secret, with a really out there ending. I thought it was a good solid piece of distinctly Aussie made TV, but I'm not sure how it will go down with returned servicemen. On one hand, it recognises the madness of war, and the sacrifices they make, but it is also quite critical of the military in parts, particularly with regards to its treatment of the mental side of things. Some really great characters. Most of the actors are people you will see in other TV shows, but no huge names. People like Kay Mulvany, Ryhs Muldoon and Jay Laga'aia play supporting roles.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Daredevil canceled. Only Jessica Jones and the Punisher left to finish off. Looks more and more likely that Disney will continue the shows on their own streaming service once it launches.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ust watched 2 series from Foxtel.

Firstly, Barry, which is created, written, directed by and starring Bill Hader (not sure if he also does the catering). It's a show about an everyday hitman from the midwest, who, when doing a job in LA, catches the acting bug. He then tries to get away from "the life", but , obviously for comic effect he can't. Stephen Root is funny as his offsider/handler. It's not really LOL comedy, but is quite clever and simple. I think where it suffers is that Bill Hader really is carrying the lot and it shows a bit. I was thinking a bit of shows like Master of None or Louie in this regard. If it returns for Seaon 2, i'll watch
I didn't mind it but was expecting a lot more. I'll stick around for season 2 though, No-ho hank steals every scene he's in

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't mind it but was expecting a lot more. I'll stick around for season 2 though, No-ho hank steals every scene he's in
His accent is a tad inconsistent. Actor who plays him needs to work on that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Daredevil canceled. Only Jessica Jones and the Punisher left to finish off. Looks more and more likely that Disney will continue the shows on their own streaming service once it launches.
Disney came out saying that they aren't picking up the shows so they won't be renewed anywhere.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does this haunting of hill house speed up 3 episodes in and a fucking door knob is turned and a dead kitten

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this haunting of hill house speed up 3 episodes in and a fucking door knob is turned and a dead kitten
It never really speeds up. It's slow as fuck but it gets interesting with a couple of nice little twists followed by a shitty ending.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It never really speeds up. It's slow as fuck but it gets interesting with a couple of nice little twists followed by a shitty ending.
Yeah skimmed through till the end, the hype was bigger than it actually was, to be fair one part made me jump like all fuck wasn't expecting it and had my volume cranked

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have been mentioned, Mind Hunters lead actor's name "Holden Ford" ... :joycat:

~c.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Binge watched Van Helsing on Netflix. The first few episodes are a bit boring but it gets a lot better.

It soon becomes what Walkingn Dead should have been

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mind hunters is pure qaulity
Ps love dog how have you been? Hope all is well
Same wavelength, @south of heaven !! Looking forward to the next instalment of Mind hunters!

Doing great and gearing up for a long weekend in Phuket, relaxing and winding down.
A couple weeks until Christmas in Australia with the fam .. terrific wrap to a challenging year of work and study!
Trust all is right north, east, west and @south of heaven 8-)

~c.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same wavelength, @south of heaven !! Looking forward to the next instalment of Mind hunters!

Doing great and gearing up for a long weekend in Phuket, relaxing and winding down.
A couple weeks until Christmas in Australia with the fam .. terrific wrap to a challenging year of work and study!
Trust all is right north, east, west and @south of heaven 8-)

~c.
Summer just trying to be grateful at what i got swimming with the kids and bbqing most days so its good