76 Points In 7 Games

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We scored at least 12 points a game with Desball.. pays stats as coach are terrible.!!
We scored 12 under Des but we had a chance to keep the opposition to less..

The defence under Des was alot better..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We scored 12 under Des but we had a chance to keep the opposition to less..

The defence under Des was alot better..
Bloody oath it was, as I say.. looking back now , Desball doesn’t look too bad..!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attack is horrible lack key players in key positions they just refer back to this boring style football broom needs to be put through the joint When was the last time we scored 30 plus its pathetic In a professional sport

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say the effort is there. The last few weeks for mine that hasn’t been there. How often do forwards poke there head through the line and have a chance to offload, yet no one is there in support. We make a break and no one supports. We’re going backwards.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The games going back to older style fast losing the robotic structure play and playing whats in front of them if thurston was playing in his prime today hw be hands down the best player

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We don't even support the ball carrier like other teams do no wonder we can't score points
I remember RFM made a tackle bust and had time to look to the left, then the right, then shake his head before just succumbing to the tackle. He had that much time and space even a plodder like Crapa would of been under the sticks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People say the effort is there. The last few weeks for mine that hasn’t been there. How often do forwards poke there head through the line and have a chance to offload, yet no one is there in support. We make a break and no one supports. We’re going backwards.
I may not be popular but honestly I saw zero effort tonight and it's disgusting and heart breaking.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Terrible attack is on the spine players.. and the coach for selecting dud players in spine positions.. and the club for not scouting & recruiting replacements..

They're all f*cked basically..
Don't know how the recruit atm. Our juniours seem to be feeders for other teams.

Sione katoa( Cronulla winger), Mahoney, simonson,xerri etc all ex dog juniours

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put this into perspective, the Tigers have scored 72 points in their last two games. Bear in mind they're a fringe top 8 team with a defensive minded coach. And they also had massive cap problems two years ago..

Cronulla scored 40 today... The Warriors scored 37 a few weeks ago...

Nth Qld have scored 80 points in the last three games without their two best attacking players in Morgan and Holmes... Even the Titans scored 30 yesterday...

Yet we've scored only 76 points in 7 games.. Pathetic.
The sad situation is even when we were down we still didn’t try something different. I the same block play after block play. Snooze

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What stats mate?
I’m not sure how I am a Pay’s pet though? What have I ever said to indicate that? @Scoooby
The 76 points in 7 games. Or having the worst attack in the comp two years in a row.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Things like this reflect poorly on Pay and his staff, yet so many people look over this and just blame the "cattle" for everything. You don't need to be talented to support the ball carrier or run in numbers, you just need to be fit, well drilled and switched on.

All these little 1%ers are things so many of us are looking for yet have been non existent for years under Pay. From day one Pay should've been onto things like this, yet instead all these years later he's still fucking around with his defensive system mid week and continually shuffling players around.

I am so close to just giving it away, it's genuinely bad for me health to continue watching us play.
But we can pass medicine balls onto walls :grinning:

you need to become a blind believer like the rest on here that see Lewis as the best player in the comp, pay as a revolutionary coach and lyn, hill and the board as god like :p

And if you ever criticise the performance of the club they will x your comment and carry on about salary cap and justify Stimson, Crichton, Holland, jmk and Britt (wasn’t too bad yesterday actually :p) as positive signings for the money.

But I agree with you. We didn’t reach any great heights with Hasler (apart from 2012 which was a failure in the end) and been fed every excuse and propaganda since then. It’s actually depressing and frustrating to watch. And to top it off we have no sponsor and our leagues club must have cash flow issues after unforeseen world health crisis.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I actually know the problem but no one damn listens to me.

team composition.

we have no big bodies in the backline. Just technically correct players.

Too many workers in ten forward pack without punch. The players that do have size aren't that good.

Get the team composition correct and we can get a roll on to score.

the line benders at the front will eat metres and make space off the halves, who in turn will have more options and space for guys like Holland to do their thing. At some point in ten backline we need a big body. Whether that's a David fusitua on the wing or a be leilua in ten centre it doesn't matter really.

name a good team and I'll point out their team composition for you.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yep we still play behind forwards where other teams have halves who dominate the ball. We have no edge forwards. We play still the same style fromn2 years ago. Flat attack that means we just go side to side. Last night foz just kept hitting Mariner flat and Wakeham just hit Jacko flat. We have no attract. No ability to attack. That's Stevie g at his best .. time tobsack g now and bring an attack coach in. Pay isn't going anywhere cause we have no one else in that heap

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't know how the recruit atm. Our juniours seem to be feeders for other teams.

Sione katoa( Cronulla winger), Mahoney, simonson,xerri etc all ex dog juniours
Talau playing like that hurts too. Basic mismanagement or falling down in the processes. We have so little in genuine juniors and to lose any good ones...sad beyond words for a club already on its knees.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But we can pass medicine balls onto walls :grinning:

you need to become a blind believer like the rest on here that see Lewis as the best player in the comp, pay as a revolutionary coach and lyn, hill and the board as god like :p

And if you ever criticise the performance of the club they will x your comment and carry on about salary cap and justify Stimson, Crichton, Holland, jmk and Britt (wasn’t too bad yesterday actually :p) as positive signings for the money.

But I agree with you. We didn’t reach any great heights with Hasler (apart from 2012 which was a failure in the end) and been fed every excuse and propaganda since then. It’s actually depressing and frustrating to watch. And to top it off we have no sponsor and our leagues club must have cash flow issues after unforeseen world health crisis.
Sheet no wonder us "real" fans are on suicide watch :grinning:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once again this season we have the worst attack in the comp under Pay. We've scored an abysmal 76 points in 7 games for 10.85 ppg.

Even with the rule changes that have turned the code into touch footy, we've had three games out of the last five where we've scored 6 points.

Two of those games were with our "star" million dollar half Foran. Last season we had the worst attack in the comp and yet again this season...

Cap problems and weak roster aside, having the worst attack in the comp two years running is an indictment on the coach more than anything.
But, on the bright side - we could easily concede 76 points in a single game.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. G sucks always has never change a winning game always change a losing one but we havent won in so many years and havent changed our style either. What does that say about management and coaching
Yep we still play behind forwards where other teams have halves who dominate the ball. We have no edge forwards. We play still the same style fromn2 years ago. Flat attack that means we just go side to side. Last night foz just kept hitting Mariner flat and Wakeham just hit Jacko flat. We have no attract. No ability to attack. That's Stevie g at his best .. time tobsack g now and bring an attack coach in. Pay isn't going anywhere cause we have no one else in that heap