SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Me sending christmas cards out like

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@TANK 2.0 @south of heaven

Still got a few things to resolve. Prelim testing tonight.

Few things:
1. Right hand side blacked out as was easier to nuke that than give away my house location. Plus it's a "WIP" for an idea I have using string lights.
2. I love the creepy, serial killer look Santa and the reindeer give from upstairs window.
3. Santa waves above the doorway.
4. Thought I had WAYYYY more lights than I do... but turns out the majority were multicoloured or solar.
5. None are computer controlled..
6. Was going to have all the white lights twinkling on the grass like snow.. till I realise I need to do the lawns over Christmas a few times as grass is growing.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That Santa looks creepy as lol.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Haha.. yeah Santa is on some crates. Both have these little legs and are quite cutesy, but peering over like that give them that creeper feel lol.

Might arrange them in an Abba "waterloo style" configuration with one looking at the other haha.

Picked up stage two today. Just gotta figure out how to get it to work.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@TANK 2.0 @Wahesh @south of heaven @Hacky McAxe

Finished product... pretty happy how it's turned out.

Was going to mount up a board above garage and spell out "Merry Christmas" in coloured string lights, but decided to dial it back a notch (plus it would have taken best part of half a day).

Plus took me longer than expected to make the brace for "parachuting Santa" who is on 2m long bit of timber, affixed to a swivel chain, so when it's really windy he actually wind surfs in that direction (and if the wind changes direction he'll windsurf that direction with it). Then took me longer than expected in Bunnings trying to get a powered led spotlight (that belongs in the rant thread!). Why one has to buy cable + transformers + spotlights seperately (and blow over $100) I'll never know. Settled for a pond light which did the trick in the end and came as a kit.

NOTE: Had to disable security LED spottie as hangliding kept triggering it.
NOTE: Creepy Santa and Reindeer have been elevated to make them creepier, and curtains drawn behind them.

Wifey wants to know if I can do anything with the multicoloured (about 700) led lights that we still have. I'm not sure if we'll add them as it might overdo it and ruin the look.

Saw a 5 x 3m inflatable "Merry Christmas Candycane arch", as well as the 6m tall inflatable wavy arm Santa in shops today... plus an awesome inflatable Santa in a chopper piloted by GingerbreadMan.. but at $1300 a shot EACH, we passed quickly.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was observing the people lines up for the Santa at Westfield yesterday.

It confirmed one thing: it's all about the parents. No way is the average toddler wanting to stand in line for an hour to habe a photo taken of a scary looking old man.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was observing the people lines up for the Santa at Westfield yesterday.

It confirmed one thing: it's all about the parents. No way is the average toddler wanting to stand in line for an hour to habe a photo taken of a scary looking old man.
Parent logic:
"OMG can't have little Jonny or Jane walk home from school, they might get abducted by some creepy pervert"
VS
"Sure thing, kids sit on this mans lap and have a photo taken".

Wahesh

Reaction score
Looking good @Mr Invisible - I must admit though I thought Santa looked creppier when he was just peering over the window ledge :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Got the hardest part of Christmas shopping done - deciding what to buy my niece :D got her a ski cabin lego set.

This isn't everything though. It also comes with a snow mobile and a few other things. Notice the little Siberian Husky?