Opinion 6 again

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
What is everyone thought on the 6 again rule. I go back and forth from loving it to hating it. I feel it is just way to inconsistent and from watching on TV half the time play has moved on and you have no idea what the penalty was for. I definitly think they need to fine tune it for next year.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What is everyone thought on the 6 again rule. I go back and forth from loving it to hating it. I feel it is just way to inconsistent and from watching on TV half the time play has moved on and you have no idea what the penalty was for. I definitly think they need to fine tune it for next year.
It’s turned the game into touch footy!! I don’t like it!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate it and think it's another area for referees to influence the outcome of games. I created a similar tread about it here

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/six-again.116786/

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
I hate it and think it's another area for referees to influence the outcome of games. I created a similar tread about it here

https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/six-again.116786/
Yeah I agree with your points it does ways seem to go to the favourite higher profile team. For example when the game was in the balance west's copped 4, 6 agains and then once they were behind its liked they stopped calling them. I think it is working OK for the round games but once it gets to the finals or Origin the League will regret introducing the rule, or like with origin the refs will be told not to blow any penalties. In my opinion blowing fewer penalties and letting the game flow that way is better than this stupid 6 again rule.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its rubbish just gives the reffs another way to fix the results

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its hard to understand what the 6 again is for.
Sometimes yes, and it gives those asshole reffs far to much discretion and they can definitely use it to favour a team..!!

so I don’t like it either.!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its hard to understand what the 6 again is for.
In the simplest terms I can think of. It allows refs to influence games, it does so without giving long pauses where fans can rewatch a bullshit call proven wrong in slow motion multiple times.

Not the first attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of fans who were getting a bit angry that referees aren't calling games down the middle. We also see
- Coaches fined for critical comments after games.
- Players can be penalized for questioning decisions.
- Annesley appointed to oversee and supposedly ensure that refereeing blunders are punished with demotion etc (from memory only 2 refs have ever been temporarily demoted)

All adds up in my eyes.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Felt Eels were definitely receiving benefit from 6 again in game last night, while similar lengthy hold downs in play the ball did not result in 6 again for Tigers.
Agree there is a disparity between teams awarded 6 again and the stage of the game they are awarded.

Dogs4eva13

Reaction score
Felt Eels were definitely receiving benefit from 6 again in game last night, while similar lengthy hold downs in play the ball did not result in 6 again for Tigers.
Agree there is a disparity between teams awarded 6 again and the stage of the game they are awarded.
Also from last nights game I think Bank West is shit for night games almost dangerous. I have never seem so many players slip over. I know th dogs were going to play some home games there hope we don't have to play too many night games there.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The 6 again is most obviously flawed when certain refs are in charge, like Sutton and Cummins. They have an idea of team "dominance" which doesn't square with simple enforcement of the rules. If refs focused on "know the rules, enforce the rules" and nothing else, the 6 again would work better.

We are never ever not ever no way ever going to get a 100% fair game of Rugby League. But we can certainly get a fairer game than most of the stuff being dished up. When I'm a neutral spectator I'm not often finding that I'm not noticing the ref.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am fine with it as I want the game sped up not slowed down, I just wish I knew WTF each repeat set was actually for. The commentators never seem to know as they rarely explain a reason.

The refs need some kind of sign language like cricket has.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
"What was that for?" is a common question I've repeatedly said and/or had someone ask while watching games when dealing with the Six Again call. I would say at least half of them are unexplainable.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we keep getting 6-agains on 1st tackle but rarely on 4th-5th tackle even though the ptb delay/holding/hands on the ball etc looks exactly the same...that really shits me about it