Opinion 6 Again Rule

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really not a fan of the 6 again rule and it’s so inconsistent from week to week.
In the Eels v Tigers game today the ref gave a 6 again on the zero tackle. I really think they need to review that because you should get a penalty in that situation otherwise there’s literally no advantage

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to scrap it and admit it is ruining the game. That’s the only way to save face. Since that fat slob has been in charge of the game I couldn’t be more less interested in the game and if it wasn’t for my love for the dogs I won’t watch any games. I thought we couldn’t do worse then Todd Greenberg but this slob has killed the game completely. The best spectacle/origin has been a complete snooze fest, if you never followed a little it of rugby league you would never know there is an origin game on in 4 days little alone a decider lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know that most NRL fans don't want to believe it. But for a long while now I've been convinced that the bulk of rule changes have been to help regs swing games towards predetermined outcomes that ensure the gambling partner makes the most money.

For what it's worth, I used to watch every game I could. Nowadays I can't even bring myself to watch our team play. Seen too many games where I think that the ref has been the deciding factor in games we were close to winning.

I know that good teams have the knack for winning even when decisions go against them. But I have real trouble supporting a game where underdogs are almost always going to be reffed out of the game.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I know that most NRL fans don't want to believe it. But for a long while now I've been convinced that the bulk of rule changes have been to help regs swing games towards predetermined outcomes that ensure the gambling partner makes the most money.

For what it's worth, I used to watch every game I could. Nowadays I can't even bring myself to watch our team play. Seen too many games where I think that the ref has been the deciding factor in games we were close to winning.

I know that good teams have the knack for winning even when decisions go against them. But I have real trouble supporting a game where underdogs are almost always going to be reffed out of the game.
100% with you on that. Games are being manipulated without a doubt to get the desired outcome. The modern game sucks, hardly ever a fair contest where the refs don't determine the result.