Reaction score
I think we should be more concerned about the western diet, if you ask me

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats today's fkn problem, it's hard for some to admit they don't know enough about a subject to debate it so they just try to fake it to save face.

Straight out I don't see 5G as a threat but if it is then it is.
It is what it is. I get it. But its new tech and there’s not enough evidence. Why don’t we just sit tight and see what happens. Some toilet paper hoarder tried to convince me of the same and showed me some commentary by a bum citing it to be evidence that 5g causes cancer and is a plot by the government to control minds. He is now preparing to build a bunker.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't people freak out about 2G, 3G, and 4G in pretty much the same way?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Outdated even before being rolled out. Matches the shitty submarines they are pissing our money away on. Our government is so smart!
And the planes that don't work

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The masks that they want sheep to wear kind of goes against that.

PS facial recognition has been out for years.
Doesn't the face mask render facial recognition technology useless Ed?
Yep.

Facial recognition has been around for a long time. It's not highly accurate. We tried developing it into an access control technology, and many others have done the same. We gave up on it early as we realised the issues.

It's not at all accurate. If you have two people who look somewhat similar, it'll see them as the same person. Even if they're clearly a different person. It basically works on amount of set detection pixels. A high amount of detection pixels and it won't detect the person most of the time. A low amount of detection pixels and it won't be able to tell two people apart.

Generally it's fine for surveillance because it detects a person then sends that to a human who then confirms it. For access control it just pisses people off. It either doesn't let a person in most of the time, or it lets everyone in.

The only accurate facial detection they have is the iPhone one. But that works differently. It sends out lasers to measure facial features. Still only about 97% accurate though.

That said, the good thing about facial recognition is that it's software based. So as long as you have cameras that are high quality enough, you can install facial recognition software at the backend and convert all your cameras to facial recognition cameras easily.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's my guess Habibeh.

If it was about facial recognition, the masks would be counter-productive.

Plus places like Vegas have been using highly effective systems for years. Some can even recognise even if the target is wearing a hat, glasses or grows/shaves facial hair.

My mum's cousin is a high up security consultant in Vegas, has been for about 14 years now. The shit they can do is amazing.
One of the technologies we're releasing soon is a search by top/bottom colour tech. Say you have 100 cameras and you see someone with a red shirt and you want to find out what that person did. You then enter "Top=Red" in the system and it gives you all activity of people wearing red from all the cameras over the last X amount of hours. Does it in seconds too. The old days of searching for days through masses of footage are gone.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't people freak out about 2G, 3G, and 4G in pretty much the same way?
Yes.

This started a long while back while mobile phones were pretty new. A woman got a brain tumour so she and her husband sued the mobile phone company claiming that because she got a brain tumour, it must have been caused by her mobile phone. Keep in mind that she had only been using the phone for about 3 months.

That resulted in campaigns about mobile phones causing brain tumours but there was never any evidence of it. Still isn't any evidence of it.

The main point I have seen mentioned is, "If mobile phones cause brain tumours, why doesn't everyone have brain tumours?"

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

In China, 5G is already being utilized for a facial recognition program that is rewriting social norms. In Beijing, you can now withdraw money from a bank, pay for food in restaurants, and even check in at the airport with only facial recognition software.

But there is a dark side to these amazing advances. Along with the consumer applications to facial recognition, China is building out an unprecedented surveillance state.

Fast 5G networks will allow millions of surveillance cameras, many equipped with state-of-the-art facial recognition software, to monitor millions of Chinese continuously in real-time.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FML. All of a sudden everyone is a scientist. Fuck the internet.
Yh never mind the fact that 42 scientists from around the world have advised against it because of health risks

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's funny how they played on everybody's vanity to get them comfortable with facial recognition technology... it wasn't long ago when a person would have been condemned for posting daily selfies, and now it's just a way of life

frogs in a boiling pot

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point is that 5G will enable other countries to introduce the following technology that China has introduced.

It already been used in NSW government via TfNSW compliance and investigations.

It is highly controlled only 50 people and NSW police do it Potts Hill.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh never mind the fact that 42 scientists from around the world have advised against it because of health risks
It's actually 180 "scientists". A number of them list themselves as Medical Doctors.

If you look through the list, they're all scam artists. Every one of them sells homoeopathy instead of actual medicine. Every one of them tells you that medicine causes cancer and you should drink tea to prevent disease.

They're all scam artists.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
42! I love it. That’s also the answer to the ultimate question of life in the Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy by douglas adams. Any peer reviewed research?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's actually 180 "scientists". A number of them list themselves as Medical Doctors.

If you look through the list, they're all scam artists. Every one of them sells homoeopathy instead of actual medicine. Every one of them tells you that medicine causes cancer and you should drink tea to prevent disease.

They're all scam artists.
The all mighty dollar gets in the way of truth these days.

One of the main reasons why I don't trust anyone and always look for the real motive of mouth pieces.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Outdated even before being rolled out. Matches the shitty submarines they are pissing our money away on. Our government is so smart!
Long story short, my cousin works in metal fabrication industry and has some ticket that only a handful of people have so that he can deal with certain aspects and inspections, he did tell but i can't remember the exact details.

Anyhow, the Victorian Government needed to get some special cranes, i can't remember what the cranes were for. So i think they were getting somewhere between 12-16 of these cranes done. Now, they could have got them made here in Australia but they went with China because they were "cheaper".

So the cranes finally get here and my cousin has to inspect them. Every single one ended up defected and made unusable. He said he was finding over 100 defects on each crane. And what's worse, you can not do anything to fix them so the Government spent a shit ton of money, even trying doing it cheap and it's cost them more in the end with cranes now just sitting there doing nothing.

I thought I'd share that seeing as you mentioned about inept Government.

P.s. story turned out longer than i thought lol.