500k - What are we going to use it on?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to agree with those saying Pearce. Gotta get a more experienced half in there without doubt!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to be Pearce. I know he's injury prone but maybe we get lucky and he lasts the year (like Foz did at manly). We need an experienced playmaker to guide the team around while Burton and BBO develop and unfortunately he's the best option available

Brooks - no fucking way. Benji cant play 80 min every week

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I reckon a 9 is more important. We might be able to get by in the halves with Burton there but we’re going nowhere with JMK at hooker, unless the Cook kid is any good.
That's the question isn't it? That Cook guy?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the question isn't it? That Cook guy?
If he’s got any attributes of a decent 9 then he’s ahead of JMK for mine. I saw another article saying JMK might be a stop gap for a year or two, he’s already been that for too long.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it , but I see Asiata being announced

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that Pearce would be a good choice. He doesn't have the speed to take advantage of the new rules. The better sides are using their quick spine players to run straight one or two offthe ruck and it creates a lot of momentum. Yes he can organize n kick but the new rules don't reward that as much as direct running by quick halves etc.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon a 9 is more important. We might be able to get by in the halves with Burton there but we’re going nowhere with JMK at hooker, unless the Cook kid is any good.
Yep, I still have it all crossed for cheese as Ithink we could somehow get by with Burton and either BBO/Avo/Wakeham in that order.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying Pearce ???

- He is on $600k plus for the knights next year
- The knights have been horrible without him this year. Why the fuck would they let him go ??

We might make him an offer he can’t refuse. Maybe a blank cheque. Hopefully get him half price.

Painful. We ain’t getting cheese. We ain’t getting Pearce.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, I still have it all crossed for cheese as Ithink we could somehow get by with Burton and either BBO/Avo/Wakeham in that order.
I’m with you for sure about the halves. With Bellamy committing to the storm I just can’t see Smith leaving but stranger things have happened.