5 players for 500K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
overpaying someone is not a valid reason to try and get rid of them. Because however much we are overpaying them we will still need to pay. Another team will only pay them what they are worth. Our stupid fault for overpaying them in first case.

if we get rid of players it'll be those surplus, only one I can think of is Tolman, but out of that list who will be a forward pack and bench?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Martin on list?????
I don’t think that means they won’t try and keep Martin but he’s off contract. It will come down to the money so I don’t like our chances.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think that means they won’t try and keep Martin but he’s off contract. It will come down to the money so I don’t like our chances.
Yeah he’s 25? Just cracked first grade and actually offers something. He’d be mad to stay for minimum wage imo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah he’s 25? Just cracked first grade and actually offers something. He’d be mad to stay for minimum wage imo.
No one can blame him if he leaves. I’d say he’s on minimum wage now so even if someone offers him $200k a season it’s doubling his wage. I’d love him to stay but I can’t see it happening.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fuck people are dumb Im sure every club in the comp has 5 players on close to min wage. The whole storys a media beat up. We went from having 14 players fit into 800k to 5 players into 500k which is a non issue

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
With a bit of luck we can shop lichaa and tolman and even Elliot. Even if we really only get rid of one of them it would give us some
Room to retain I think.

I agree the morris bros have
Been handy this year and prob have 1 left but would they take a 1 year deal? Or go for a 2-3 year deal in the uk? I wouldn’t want them on that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We should bring in some of the juniors that way we don't need to go outside. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise go to Fiji FFS. Comeback with 2 or 3 big centres/wingers. Pay them each $100,000 and allowed them to share rented accomodation. Problem solved.

Reactions: baz

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a bit of luck we can shop lichaa and tolman and even Elliot. Even if we really only get rid of one of them it would give us some
Room to retain I think.

I agree the morris bros have
Been handy this year and prob have 1 left but would they take a 1 year deal? Or go for a 2-3 year deal in the uk? I wouldn’t want them on that.
Mbye to nth qld... we will then retain Martin, toumaga, fine potentially Lewis and Woodford.

Morris boys to Wakefield giants I heard, close to being done

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis, Rhys Martin and Asipeli Fine would all be more than 100K each, I'd say closer to 200K we would need to release a player in order to re-sign any of the first 3.
Over 500k to spend on 5 players doesn’t include the money we have for no longer paying graham and kasiano does it?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mbye to nth qld... we will then retain Martin, toumaga, fine potentially Lewis and Woodford.

Morris boys to Wakefield giants I heard, close to being done
Wakefield Giants..

You mean Huddersfield Giants or Wakefield Trinity lol.

Simon Woolford is now the coach of Huddersfield. Maybe Zac goes and gets a start over there?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakefield Giants..

You mean Huddersfield Giants or Wakefield Trinity lol.

Simon Woolford is now the coach of Huddersfield. Maybe Zac goes and gets a start over there?
Haha sorry don’t follow super league too much, but yes Wakefield

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a dire situation but atleast now we know the club isn't actually forced to lose anyone, if they decide to let klem,mbye type player go then they are accountable for that decision (which i would imagine would be to able to offer some player 150-200k to round out the squad, rather then then just bare min players

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over 500k to spend on 5 players doesn’t include the money we have for no longer paying graham and kasiano does it?
I am afraid it does. All the backend deals replace these figures.

Building long term, unless the value of any contracted player is met in full by another team. No player should be released.

That being said any player. “And I mean ANY PLAYER” that gets an offer that will cover our contract with them should be seriously considered.

The quicker and more extreme the action. The sooner we can get moving forward again.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We should bring in some of the juniors that way we don't need to go outside. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise go to Fiji FFS. Comeback with 2 or 3 big centres/wingers. Pay them each $100,000 and allowed them to share rented accomodation. Problem solved.
Thats worse then animal cruelty

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't it bad if we lose Jmoz, Bmoz and Eastwood yet can't afford to sign anyone new? That's pretty fkn bad to me, it basically means we are worse off next year than this year.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're in for a tough run but im kind of excited to see guys like reimis smith, olive, cogger, okunbor get a run. It's been a while since we've had a crop of young guys trying to make a name for themselves in the side

Status
Not open for further replies.