5 players for 500K

Status
Not open for further replies.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Todd Carney was going to sign a minimum wage contract with cowboys before he relocated back to sydney to be with his mum who has cancer. I think he still has alot to offer and would be an ideal minimum wage signing.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
We’ve got 9 backs under contract next season:

Mbye
Montoya & Reimis Smith
Hoppa, Holland & Olive
Foran, Cogger and Wakeham.

We need to find young blokes with first grade potential willing to take 100K for a year to earn themselves a first grade shot. Even then it’s a massive risk. Easier said than done.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
We are so light on in the backs! I’d like to see Tom Carr re-signed but we will need more.
Agreed but Cerruto, Fine, other signing + Lewis can play centre.

Wish Suli had pulled his socks up but I understand the club giving him a chance and then releasing him.

When you are rebuilding attitude makes all the difference in the climb [crawl] back to the top

Lachlan Lewis, Rhys Martin and Asipeli Fine would all be more than 100K each, I'd say closer to 200K we would need to release a player in order to re-sign any of the first 3.
Lewis and Martin are priorities imo. I'm hoping and praying the club can get it done

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Why isn't Jackson at lock?
Equally alarming is that Elliot is the only noticeable lock in the team.

But probably just to take light away from the fact that we are still skinny in capable 2nd rowers

Hope some of our young guns have huge off seasons and take the massive opportunity being handed to them with both hands

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Equally alarming is that Elliot is the only noticeable lock in the team.

But probably just to take light away from the fact that we are still skinny in capable 2nd rowers

Hope some of our young guns have huge off seasons and take the massive opportunity being handed to them with both hands
Also JMK listed as a utility while he's currently our starting hooker lol. Massive mess.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The players we bring in will just have to stand up! Young players whom aren’t yet stars of the game could be, every great player had to rise to fame from the bottom an surely we have players in there that can do that! It May not be a great next “Few years” but it will be somewhat exciting to see new faces an what they can bring... (some may surprise you know)

Have to make the best of what we got. Can’t do shit about it as it’s out of our control! So sit back an watch it unfold because that’s all you can do.

Have a little faith :grinning:

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do you think of the idea of using Licha as a back tower?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw headlines today ‘Mutley Crew’ a club in crisis

Who did we piss off in the media and NRL HQ including refs to be treated with such disdain

Dunny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thats our 'dire' cap situation as presented by the club tonight..

Sure our cap isnt good but on radio tonight a player manager has said on triple m its very common for NRL teams to have the last 7-8players in their 30man squad on an average of 100K each for 700-800K total

Clearly the situations not great amd our cap looks tight for a few years affecting our ability to sign stars, but having our bottom 5 players, 26-30 in our 30man squad on a 100K each is far from the end of the world..

Klemmer & Mbye dont need to go anywhere..

Thats my take on our salary cap situation
I only hope they hang onto our 5 key players Mbye,Klemmer,Jackson,foran and RFM we can build around them

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we could piss off overpaid underachievers like Mbye who is getting paid double his worth , the club would be in a better cap position.
Seriously, the overs paid to Mbye and Woods would go a long way re channeled elsewhere bringing 3-4 competent player who would actually perform better and strengthen the squad.
You can't get rid of them if they don't want to leave. If they go we will still have to pay part of their contracts. I don't understand the level of hate for Mbye. Woods needs to step up.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s the clean out we needed. Focus on juniors is the right step forward , I think we will be in a great position after 2021 , unfortunately we just need to stick solid over the next few years and keep our expectations low. Dean Pay needs the same slack brown was given at Newcastle over the past 2 years , we will be back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.