5 guys coming to Australia

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm 4 weeks post Op with my sleeve and so far so good, lost 10Kg already.
worth it?

A couple of times i've thought about it to be honest. i think some people see it as a lazy option, but i'd imagine there's a lot of prep, pain etc that people don't think about?

My job involves a lot of long lunches, which can lead to weight gain very quickly if not watched.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
worth it?

A couple of times i've thought about it to be honest. i think some people see it as a lazy option, but i'd imagine there's a lot of prep, pain etc that people don't think about?

My job involves a lot of long lunches, which can lead to weight gain very quickly if not watched.
Absolutly worth it!
My blood pressure has gone way down, little chance of diabetes at present, and the wife loves me lonnngg time... :tonguewink:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
worth it?

I just shit everywhere if i eat too much.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Is this first person knowledge that it’s incredible?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutly worth it!
My blood pressure has gone way down, little chance of diabetes at present, and the wife loves me lonnngg time... :tonguewink:
I'd like to lose weight mainly to keep blood pressure down, especially at i approach my mid 40s, and have stamina to keep with with my kids. I don;'t want to be that fat old dad who doesn't want to play with his son, or daughter for that matter.

I'm not super obese where i can't fit into a chair or anything, but just have that annoying gut that just won't budge (having said that, i just ate a chocolate brownie - a small one).

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It's a bit disappointing that every time a new chain comes along (usually from the US). Its yet another burger place. I like burgers (i even tried a heaps of different ones last time i was in the US), but come on.

I guess burgers are easy to franchise compared to a lot of other cuisines. It follows a basic formula etc.
I reckon we are not the best market as well our tastes have been influenced by Asian due to imagination more and more I find. Especially getting older trying to eat a bit cleaner healthier I would rather a good Bahn Mi over a burger most days.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's one at Guildford...I mean it isn't fatburger but fat burger lol.
They will get sued soon enough.

I know of someone who opened a place called "starbucks" before starbucks came to Oz. He even admitted he got the name from a trip to the US. He swiftly got a cease and desist letter as soon a they did arrive.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon we are not the best market as well our tastes have been influenced by Asian due to imagination more and more I find. Especially getting older trying to eat a bit cleaner healthier I would rather a good Bahn Mi over a burger most days.
I think Banh mi is just a fancy way of saying, salad roll, but i get your point :grinning:

What started it for me, was when places started putting the calories on their menu. I was at a food earlier in the week, and thought about Oportos and thought, no way do i want to have 4000kj for lunch, but what i ended up buying a Pad Thai which was possibly almost as bad. Asian food can be deceptively unhealthy, especially in the huge portions we have in the west.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I think Banh mi is just a fancy way of saying, salad roll, but i get your point :grinning:

What started it for me, was when places started putting the calories on their menu. I was at a food earlier in the week, and thought about Oportos and thought, no way do i want to have 4000kj for lunch, but what i ended up buying a Pad Thai which was possibly almost as bad. Asian food can be deceptively unhealthy, especially in the huge portions we have in the west.
That is very true that’s why you go Pho

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd like to lose weight mainly to keep blood pressure down, especially at i approach my mid 40s, and have stamina to keep with with my kids. I don;'t want to be that fat old dad who doesn't want to play with his son, or daughter for that matter.

I'm not super obese where i can't fit into a chair or anything, but just have that annoying gut that just won't budge (having said that, i just ate a chocolate brownie - a small one).
My lower back is destroyed ,went scans and shit an dr for check up cholesterol was fucked blood pressure bit to high and I'm walking around like a raped penguin it was sink or swim 7 weeks ago 96kg cleaned up diet eating more seafood and cutting out sugar and a lot of carbs, bought a rowing machine do 10km a day6 days a week , bought a mountain bike the other week ride also about 15kms( total) to work a day then Sunday go on trails ,and do a bit of light weights , down to 88 kg now finally starting to see the gut go , much more work to do but it's a start and enjoying it

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My lower back is destroyed ,went scans and shit an dr for check up cholesterol was fucked blood pressure bit to high and I'm walking around like a raped penguin it was sink or swim 7 weeks ago 96kg cleaned up diet eating more seafood and cutting out sugar and a lot of carbs, bought a rowing machine do 10km a day6 days a week , bought a mountain bike the other week ride also about 15kms( total) to work a day then Sunday go on trails ,and do a bit of light weights , down to 88 kg now finally starting to see the gut go , much more work to do but it's a start and enjoying it
That's quite the turnaround. Well done. it's probably also having an effect n your mental health too.

I constantly use the kids as an excuse for not going out and exercising by myself, but i know its a bit pissweak. Its a matter of getting up earlier, and its not like Mrs CD won't be happy with the results either. Might be finally time to get the bike serviced. Use to go for long brisk walks with the dog, but now he's knackered about about 2km, the old bastard.