4x4 Dual cab help

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get a kenworth 909 - all life's problems will fade away.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got an 07 bt50 goes great has 387,000 on the clock powers up hills and really quick 5 speed manual BUT ! if your not mechanically minded and dont have heaps of cash dont get one! Parts are dear as even if you go to Ford instead of Mazda I just bought a Dampner for my tailshaft was $525.00 The newer ones can be a nightmare ,egr coolers go and blow up the engine, camshaft belts break and fuck the whole head, heaps of error codes, water in the fuel will fuck them severly ,the gearboxes are shit, Go Isuzu even though the new Mazdas have a fair few parts the same as the Isuzu some of the Mazda features are rubbish. Go on FB and read some of the club gossip it will open your eyes

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ranger was the easily the best ute in 2016 outside of the Hilux overall. The D-Max was super reliable but you can tell it was made by a truck company - rough and unrefined. Triton's got better in recent years for the $. Wouldn't go anywhere near the Amarok: servicing, parts and labour is crazy.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are Jeep Grand Cherokee hemi SRT8s any good, heard gearbox issues and as dear as poison to fix, Trackhawks are pricey and damn quick. Getting a bit sick of the shape of the front and rear. I wish Prado came with 6.2L V8.
Have had my SRT for 8 yrs - love it but its not a ute.
OEM parts are exxy and take forever to get here when you need it or on backorder, but mine is out of warranty so I go aftermarket.

tried to sell it a few years back for 35k coz we had 2 SUVs, no one wanted to fork out for it then, and now due to Covid tax, they are going for 50k+

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have had my SRT for 8 yrs - love it but its not a ute.
OEM parts are exxy and take forever to get here when you need it or on backorder, but mine is out of warranty so I go aftermarket.

tried to sell it a few years back for 35k coz we had 2 SUVs, no one wanted to fork out for it then, and now due to Covid tax, they are going for 50k+
Was tossing up between 300 STR-8, Jeep SRT-8 or VE SS. Picked the SS because it turned out to be a 500kw+ Walkinshaw.

But still would love all 3 in the garage.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I ended up getting a 2012 ford ranger will do a couple small upgrades and maybe few more over time

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I ended up getting a 2012 ford ranger will do a couple small upgrades and maybe few more over time
Will be looking soon myself. Plan is to get something to travel round Aus in. Planning to enjoy remote locations along the way. So I want to make it capable of taking on rough tracks, water crossings etc.

Hope you enjoy the Ranger Steve. I've seen vids of the newest Rangers in action. They look superb. Hope your 2012 model began setting the standard they're building today.