Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I recognized the artwork instantly as same artist as Gorrillaz. Seem way too polished to be a band that's come up out of nowhere.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never heard this band but it come up in my recommendation on Youtube. Very Jinjer like but more deathcore/djent style I'd say.

Some new Rammstein. The video clip is some high production tripped out shit. But that's Rammstein for you.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
PC brigade are up in arms over that Rammstein clip for it's Nazi-esque references. I still remember seeing them live years ago. Keyboardist was a massive weird ****.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
PC brigade are up in arms over that Rammstein clip for it's Nazi-esque references. I still remember seeing them live years ago. Keyboardist was a massive weird ****.
It's just Rammstein pushing the limits like they always do.

The song is also just a bunch of lyrics from their old hits thrown together so you have to think that this is a subtle way of them saying that they'll call it quits soon.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Valhalore are now supporting Orpheus Omega and Omnium Gatherum this weekend. Also Saralisse are now supporting Troldhaugen and Korplikaani.

This year I've already had Slayer, Sepultura (Cavalera), and Pantera (Philip H Anselmo & the Illegals). Now two concerts full of my favourite bands.

Man this year is turning out good.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a German mate and I asked him his thoughts and this is what he said.

In combination with the lyrics the video makes perfect sense and reflects quite well how Germans feel about their country. There are so many things to be proud of and then those 12 dark years. They are definitely not glorifying the Holocaust, it’s a brutally honest reflection on the last 1.5 thousand years. A country torn between sometimes being overly self-confident beyond its weight and on the other hand the Holocaust - still feeling like a noose around everyone’s neck. Yeah, this is how most Germans feel about Deutschland. If you’re following the lyrics closely, everything makes perfect sense. Awesome song btw.

If I had to sum up the song in one sentence: It’s about Germania (the female knight representing Deutschland), you can’t love her, but you can’t live without her.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mitch what was that Japanese screamo band you posted years ago with the glow in the dark paint and ugggge breakdowns

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mitch what was that Japanese screamo band you posted years ago with the glow in the dark paint and ugggge breakdowns
Her Name In Blood.

Go listen to Crystal Lake instead.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good ol' Flake lol. But yeah he does come off that way but the band as a whole are a bit out there. You just have to go through some of their music videos.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe you will like Crossfaith?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
New Orpheus Omega track dropped.

Getting a very "In Flames" vibes from it. But I dunno... there's just something I can't put my finger on (and it's not good). Almost like it seems a bit disjointed. Maybe the vocals / verse structure not fitting in with the guitars/drums, or something like that.

Kinda feels like a jam session with no structure between instruments and also the vocals. Rather disappointing if I'm honest. Feels miles off what they produced in the past.

@Hacky McAxe interested to see what you think about this.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Orpheus Omega track dropped.

Getting a very "In Flames" vibes from it. But I dunno... there's just something I can't put my finger on (and it's not good). Almost like it seems a bit disjointed. Maybe the vocals / verse structure not fitting in with the guitars/drums, or something like that.

Kinda feels like a jam session with no structure between instruments and also the vocals. Rather disappointing if I'm honest. Feels miles off what they produced in the past.

@Hacky McAxe interested to see what you think about this.

All 3 singles are possibly the worst tracks on the album. The rest is pretty good.

The album has also been out for nearly a week.