Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's something you don't see everyday..

Bagpipes and synth tunes alongside orchestral metal!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Yep. I was walking around New York today wearing an Alestorm shirt today and it suddenly clicked that the new album came out yesterday. Downloaded straight away. Friggin excellent album.
I went their show couple yrs ago. Was kind of disappointed they didn't come as pirates

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went their show couple yrs ago. Was kind of disappointed they didn't come as pirates
Was that the one with Lagerstein and Troldhaugen or the one before that?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
'New' gear day lads.

Bought an ESP LTD MH-400 off gumtree for $250.

EMG active pick ups and a Floyd Rose tremolo - first guitar I'll have with the Floyd.. never used it or know how to haha.

Pick it up tonight.. hopefully it's not in rough shape. Selling due to lack of use.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I lie, I'm not sure if it's a Floyd. Think it's just the ESP trem.

Edit - I lie again. Reading specs, Floyd Rose bridge but not likely original just licensed. EMG 60 in the neck and EMG 81 in the bridge.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just picked it up. Fuck it's pretty. Dark blue quilted mahogany top. Pictures do no justice.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
New Edguy !!!! Me Farkn LIKE ALOT!!!!

Maiden-esque elements, but still retains individually..

and then there is this ripper.... German Power Metal anyone???

Wait till 1:05 and it really kicks in nicely. Solo at close to 4 minute mark is worth hanging around for as well... really impressive !!.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Help me out here guys .. without a "Because Dragonforce are shit" answer.

There's something .... missing from this song and I am having trouble picking out what.

Maybe the lyrics not fitting in with the tune... or the vocals being off... not sure as this vocalist in the last album was decent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of band members. I never really want to meet band members 'cause they never live up to expectations and to be honest, I don't really care. I love music, not the people who created it.

We're currently in America on holidays. Today while heading south from New York I stopped at a pit stop and ran into Killswitch Engage who were heading north.

Havr to admit, I fangirled hard. I was basically a 16 year old girl meeting one direction.