Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did you ever see Static-X live? I did and Wayne Static was such a great frontman
Off topic but have you heard Creeds singers new band? Art of Anarchy or something. Right up ya alley.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off topic but have you heard Creeds singers new band? Art of Anarchy or something. Right up ya alley.
Had a listen to that the other day. Didn't realise it was Creed singer and a few from Gunners and Disturbed.

Not bad for Rock.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Life of Agony with Keith Caputo?

Was a pretty decent alt rock band in the day, and then he decided to transform into a woman. Made stranger by the fact that he/she/it performs now with the most masculine voice, tits, adams apple, and the most masculine jawline in history.

It's completely bizzare.

I only mention them because they have a new album coming out soon.

Starring International Douchebag of the Year for multiple years running.. Scott "I'm a complete and utter arsehole" Stapp.

Only good thing to ever come out of Creed... Alterbridge. :D

I had heard of them when Weiland was involved and pretty sure I have their first album. But I've got that much music I lose track.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Speaking of new albums, not sure how long this has been out for but it just popped up in my new album feed.

Came out not that long ago. Brent from culture of ignorance whom I made friends with a little while ago is now on guitar for ttt. Tbh im not sure if i like it. Its ok, they're going down the street punk path but it's just not them anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Corey's voice has really grown on me over the years. I especially love the mellow and moody type songs.
He sings with so much emotion and conviction in his voice. That's very hard to do.

Chad Gray is another one who does (singing with emotion and conviction).
Ivan Moody as well (albeit Five Finger Death Punch is largely frowned upon by metalheads).

I think Melissa Cross has a lot do to with that. She's worked with all 3 of them, and is largely respected as the best Scream / Sing coach in the industry.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Came out not that long ago. Brent from culture of ignorance whom I made friends with a little while ago is now on guitar for ttt. Tbh im not sure if i like it. Its ok, they're going down the street punk path but it's just not them anymore.
I was quite surprised. I listened to the album a bit and I thought it was alright, not as good as their old stuff. Then I jumped on youtube to share it and got the title track which I hadn't heard yet and I have to say that I hate it. The song "Rise up" is rubbish. Sounds like pop punk stuff. The rest of the album is alright though.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Life of Agony with Keith Caputo?

Was a pretty decent alt rock band in the day, and then he decided to transform into a woman. Made stranger by the fact that he/she/it performs now with the most masculine voice, tits, adams apple, and the most masculine jawline in history.

It's completely bizzare.

I only mention them because they have a new album coming out soon.

Starring International Douchebag of the Year for multiple years running.. Scott "I'm a complete and utter arsehole" Stapp.

Only good thing to ever come out of Creed... Alterbridge. :D

I had heard of them when Weiland was involved and pretty sure I have their first album. But I've got that much music I lose track.
Old mina when she had hair around the hole lol. Despite whatever this song is fucking balls out

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Help me out here guys as this one is REALLY confusing... goes through a number of genres in the track... and .. well I'm not sure if I like it or not.

From what I can tell they are Swedish, or Norweigan... around that general area.

and if for some reason you ear now has AIDS... this will cure it..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Help me out here guys as this one is REALLY confusing... goes through a number of genres in the track... and .. well I'm not sure if I like it or not.

From what I can tell they are Swedish, or Norweigan... around that general area.

I didn't hate it, didn't love it.

Alternative Metal. That covers it. His almost rappy lines reminded me of Joey Biro era Superheist.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That "Inhale me" track is basically what I hate about much of the prog metal stuff. They're closer to alternate metal but they have to bad prog metal sound.

There's many prog, technical and math metal bands out there that have this amazing sound. It's complex, sounds like it's all over the shop, but it works. Some examples include the Prog/djent sounds of TesseracT, the crazy technical rhythms of Revocation, and the complex orchestral sounds of Ne Obliviscaris.

But it takes a lot of skill to do that. Some bands don't have that skill so instead of playing this amazing yet complex music, they say "These bands are good and their music sounds random so let's just mash notes together". It's a sign of a band that doesn't know what they're doing.

I remember a while back Ne Obliviscaris toured with a Technical Death Metal band that did the same thing. Can't remember their name but they were awful. They basically sounded like cars randomly crashing together. It wasn't good. And you had a few people nodding their head saying "I don't understand it so it must be good", but it's not. It's messy and annoying. It's not music. It's what people make when they can't make music then they call it "experimental"

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score

Firespawn sounds sick. Thanks for the cure

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Waste are my fucking spirit animal. I love this band.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me dead. I listened to the new waste song last night, got me pumped to spend the day listening to them, forgot my fucking headphones!!! Don't think the rest of the office was like it if I blasted it through my pc speakers lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck me dead. I listened to the new waste song last night, got me pumped to spend the day listening to them, forgot my fucking headphones!!! Don't think the rest of the office was like it if I blasted it through my pc speakers lol
I have so many $10 servo earphones because of that