3 years ago today

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I finally received my Maori heart after a 5 year battle, dying 12 times and spending more time in St Vincent's rather at home.

This thread isn't for me, this is for the young man (18 at the time) and his family saving me and my family.

The heart is technically 21 now so I think I have to celebrate lol

Please if you haven't already, go to https://donatelife.gov.au/ and register. But also talk to your loved ones so they don't block your wish. You don't need your organs where we end up, whether you're a believer or not.

I've always been a donor and still am today.

Peace.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just to put it in perspective, because of my donor, I have celebrated...

3 Easters
3 Christmases
3 NYE's
6 of my kids birthdays
3 of my own birthdays
3 years above ground with my family and friends

I wouldn't of had them if it wasn't for a caring young man and his understanding family.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats bro. Cheers to a long life and massive honour & respect to your donor.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re an amazing dude Assassin!

The amount of shit you been through mate and you keep on pushing through and taking on life!

I love how appreciative you are of your donor still mate, I’m glad you got the gift of his heart but it’s sombre knowing how you received it and to understand how important organ donation is as so many miss out on vital organs as they can’t find a match.

Great that you’ve got to see so many milestones also.

Happy Anniversary ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You’re an amazing dude Assassin!

The amount of shit you been through mate and you keep on pushing through and taking on life!

I love how appreciative you are of your donor still mate, I’m glad you got the gift of his heart but it’s sombre knowing how you received it and to understand how important organ donation is as so many miss out on vital organs as they can’t find a match.

Great that you’ve got to see so many milestones also.

Happy Anniversary ;)
Even though I never met my donor and his family, I will never forget and always appreciate them.

Just to put the spotlight on him and organ donation, he was...

18 years old
6 foot 4
114kgs with about 11% body fat
Junior All Black
Awesome human being in general.

PS I still haven't given up on trying to find them and I'll even fly over to met them if they ever want to meet me.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I never met my donor and his family, I will never forget and always appreciate them.

18 years old
6 foot 4
Junior All Black

PS I still haven't given up on trying to find them and I'll even fly over to met them if they ever want to meet me.
Wow. Incredible thread.
I feel for the family. As someone who just lost a family member who meant the world to me I would love to meet a recipient of his heart.

I am kind of fixated on people who die you after what happened. Sorry for asking if it offends but do you know how he died.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally received my Maori heart after a 5 year battle, dying 12 times and spending more time in St Vincent's rather at home.

This thread isn't for me, this is for the young man (18 at the time) and his family saving me and my family.

The heart is technically 21 now so I think I have to celebrate lol

Please if you haven't already, go to https://donatelife.gov.au/ and register. But also talk to your loved ones so they don't block your wish. You don't need your organs where we end up, whether you're a believer or not.

I've always been a donor and still am today.

Peace.
Thank you to the young man who’s heart beats within you..his gift has given your family, friends, and fellow Kennelers the gift of you my man.. :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

18 years old
6 foot 4
Junior All Black

I think the family will love to meet you bro. If it was my boy that gave his heart I would love to see the person my boy helped,
and in a way you would be part of there family as there boys heart is alive and beating.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow. Incredible thread.
I feel for the family. As someone who just lost a family member who meant the world to me I would love to meet a recipient of his heart.

I am kind of fixated on people who die you after what happened. Sorry for asking if it offends but do you know how he died.
He got spear tackled and couldn't recover. The family made the call to pull the plug and donate his organs.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He got spear tackled and couldn't recover. The family made the call to pull the plug and donate his organs.
Geeze my brother..that’s hit me hard.. If I could embrace his family I would too..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Geeze my brother..that’s hit me hard.. If I could embrace his family I would too..
I send them monthly letters through St Vincent's, but they go through them and censor anything that they think that can link us together.

Fucking stupid IMO, in Merica, if the donor family want to meet then they let them meet.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That’s crazy.

Mr 95. A kindred spirit.

Man that’s so heavy.
Inspiring thread assassin.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I send them monthly letters through St Vincent's, but they go through them and censor anything that they think that can link us together.

Fucking stupid IMO, in Merica, if the donor family want to meet then they let them meet.
Grief makes people do weird things man.
That kind of doesn’t surprise me.

It might be too much for people to take.
Everyone is so different in their reaction to loss.

Life is crazy. I am so glad science has given you his heart. Let’s hope science can now got some breakthrough in spinal work and get Mr 95 a re-birth of sorts

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow. That’s crazy.

Mr 95. A kindred spirit.

Man that’s so heavy.
I don't want any sympathy or praise, I just want more donors on the list. We don't need our organs when we are 6 feet under.

They even managed to save 3 working valves from my old shitty heart to save 3 babies in Westmead.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Life is crazy. I am so glad science has given you his heart. Let’s hope science can now got some breakthrough in spinal work and get Mr 95 a re-birth of sorts
We promised each other that we will be running shoulder to shoulder one day.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Thanks mate appreciate it..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow. That’s crazy.

Mr 95. A kindred spirit.

Man that’s so heavy.
Mr 100% has been and always will be my inspiration, hence why I call him Sensei

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We promised each other that we will be running shoulder to shoulder one day.
Shoulder to shoulder..pfft..I’ll be about 10 meters in front! Bahahaha..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This brings a tear to my eye but it’s good to know that this young mans tragic loss wasn’t for nothing