3 trys robbed in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dogs were robbed of three tries in the first half.

1. It was clearly shown on one and only replay of that angle that Chase Stanley's left arm did not touch the ground. The ball was forced on the try line... FAIR TRY!

2. At no stage did Tim Lafai lose contact with the ball for his first half disallowed try... therefore FAIR TRY!

3. The pass from T-Rex to Josh Jackson was a flat pass, not forward... Josh would have scored a FAIR TRY!

It was galling to hear the commentators disagree with all three of these rulings always knowing that there was nothing we could do about it. The 12 points from these trys could have been turned into 18 points with conversions. Those first half decisions plus lack of possession hurt us badly but it was great to see our boys come back in the second half.

What might have been....
Agree with all this Clark should be investigated

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I just want to snack out Jamie soward - the milker...
I was just starting to get some respect for him, then came the second half.

The Panthers players took the field, and they were high fiving the juniors who were forming the path thing. Well, all of them except Soward. Little gesture but a gronky one.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
er5t bgxynu7c8vibop0o9y7u6t54r

That was me running my face along my keyboard. That was my reaction to them.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Steve Clark Screwup #1 - James Segeyaro first try
Sam Perretts foot is not part of the field. The ball was grounded on Perrett's foot, and then he was held up. No Try.

Steve Clark Screwup #2 - Chase Stanleys try
Chase's elbow was up and the ball was on the line. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Tim Lafai try
Tim's hand never left the ball. The angle did make it look suspect, however if separation HAD occurred, his hand would have cast a shadow on the ball from the stadium lighting. This never happened. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Corey Thompson try
Jamal Idris came across and tackles Thompson, and he was in the air, but got the ball grounded before touching the ground. Steve Clark immediately called NO TRY without checking on front on angle. During half time the front on angle was shown, and showed that Thompson scored a fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #5 - James Segeyaro second try
Segeyaro in front of Soward when ball was kicked, and in an offside position when it came off Kasiano. No Try.

General Ref Screwup
During final 10 minutes of game this year, when the ball goes dead REF is meant to call time off. This NEVER occurred ripping the Bullddogs off of at least 2-3 minutes of extra time in the game.

Likewise in the first half Bulldogs were not allowed to set a scrum, despite time off being called just before half time.

Here's the thing (great post by the way).

When David Williams was stood down for betting on NRL games, 10 yes TEN match officials were involved as well.

The NRL has refused to name those officials, without denying they were involved.

None of the officials were reprimanded, and they are all still officiating.
Like I said the "obstruction" one was idris elbowing maitua **** **** **** idris should've been ****ing penalised dammit to ****ing ****

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sam Perretts foot is not part of the field. The ball was grounded on Perrett's foot, and then he was held up. No Try.

Steve Clark Screwup #2 - Chase Stanleys try
Chase's elbow was up and the ball was on the line. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Tim Lafai try
Tim's hand never left the ball. The angle did make it look suspect, however if separation HAD occurred, his hand would have cast a shadow on the ball from the stadium lighting. This never happened. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Corey Thompson try
Jamal Idris came across and tackles Thompson, and he was in the air, but got the ball grounded before touching the ground. Steve Clark immediately called NO TRY without checking on front on angle. During half time the front on angle was shown, and showed that Thompson scored a fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #5 - James Segeyaro second try
Segeyaro in front of Soward when ball was kicked, and in an offside position when it came off Kasiano. No Try.

General Ref Screwup
During final 10 minutes of game this year, when the ball goes dead REF is meant to call time off. This NEVER occurred ripping the Bullddogs off of at least 2-3 minutes of extra time in the game.

Likewise in the first half Bulldogs were not allowed to set a scrum, despite time off being called just before half time.

Here's the thing (great post by the way).

When David Williams was stood down for betting on NRL games, 10 yes TEN match officials were involved as well.

The NRL has refused to name those officials, without denying they were involved.

None of the officials were reprimanded, and they are all still officiating.
Great points there. I was watching the game at the pub with a few mates ( none of them support the dogs and a couple despise them) but they were all agreeing through out the game and after how blatantly we were ripped off. Now that's gotta be saying something.

I am at a loss as to how f'd this game is becoming. The ref's are totally turning me off of football these days that I just expect the worse each time we play ( from a reffing point)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Penrith r gus Gould babies, do no wrong.. Clarke is one of goulds brown nosers...
I just want to smack out Jamie soward - the milker...
That farking shooting thing Soward does shits me to bits. When he did it 3 times in a row at us I just wanted someone to smash him.

As much as I hate to admit it I knew him as a kid due to his grandfather was mates with my father. If only I knew he was gonna turn out like he did I should have flogged him a few times. I missed my chance damn it!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No team could overcome 4 bogus tries. Stop putting down the players when it wasn't their fault. If you were at work and every time you did your work and your boss said you haven't done it yet do it again while another employee didn't do his work but the boss said he did a good job you'd be pissed and lack heart to do more work also.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you guys taking into account the main rule the video ref has to operate under?

First they have to check if the try is fair or not, grounding, obstruction, and on side is to be checked.

Once it is determined if the try was scored under the rules of the game, they are then free to either take the rules into account or not as they feel at the time, or alternatively, award or disallow the try based on who they have money on for the game.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People on this forum need to take the blue and white glasses off your honestly kidding yourself if you think those were tries

Firstly mybe stuffed up by passing so early and stanly not stepping inside so we cost ourselves by trying to take the risk on and secondly it was no try you can't prove to me 100% otherwise

Lafai did not have control so that's end of discussion having your finger tips on the ball never counts as a try there was no control of the ball

There simply must be an attitude problem to go from beating manly and Melbourne with the same team almost there is no excuses for the last three games
Hey, that's pretty good. You've made four statements and they're all wrong.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People really understand when others are Just trying to get a reaction lol
Seriously, learn the rules. Fingertips on the ball in a grounding does constitute control now. As long as you have part of your body on the ball, it's a try. Ffs you can ground it with your torso! It's a try everyday of the week

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

General Ref Screwup

Lol you mustn't of watched the game on tv because it clearly showed that Segeyaro grounded the ball before it went on to Perretts foot.

The reason why time started again before halftime was because Graham didnt stay bind in the scrum. Once you stick your head up or stand up, the refs will blow time on. Kasiano gave the refs no choice but to blow time on because he pulled Graham out of the scrum to go in to the backline.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
No the rule has changed you must have control of the ball to me that wasn't control of the ball

Forget to add they have ruled it like they did tonight all year
Last week there was an exact same type of try (to lafais) that was awarded ! Yep definitely been the same rules all year ...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the lafai is no try then we only got robbed of 2 tries

Status
Not open for further replies.