3 trys robbed in a row!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indmand0707

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm done watching this crap. You can't expect people to go to games and spend all night watching the big screen for video ref decisions. You can live with shit calls live. We would have had at least 1 try given.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Dogs were robbed of three tries in the first half.

1. It was clearly shown on one and only replay of that angle that Chase Stanley's left arm did not touch the ground. The ball was forced on the try line... FAIR TRY!

2. At no stage did Tim Lafai lose contact with the ball for his first half disallowed try... therefore FAIR TRY!

3. The pass from T-Rex to Josh Jackson was a flat pass, not forward... Josh would have scored a FAIR TRY!

It was galling to hear the commentators disagree with all three of these rulings always knowing that there was nothing we could do about it. The 12 points from these trys could have been turned into 18 points with conversions. Those first half decisions plus lack of possession hurt us badly but it was great to see our boys come back in the second half.

What might have been....

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Lafai scored.
Stanley scored.
The pass to Jackson was flat, Brett Finch was in line with the play and called it flat.
Segeyaro was offside on his second.
Thompson's obstruction should have stayed no try.

If BOTD was still a thing, Stanley would have been given the green light, I'd say. It should still be a thing, this conclusive stuff is stupid. Lafai was screwed over by slow mo, just like Kasiano a few weeks ago.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe in a game we need to win, the luck will swing our way. I won't hold my breath though.

B

BoonReturns

Terrible decisions by a terrible human being. I hope he is raped by a monkey and catches aids

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People on this forum need to take the blue and white glasses off your honestly kidding yourself if you think those were tries

Firstly mybe stuffed up by passing so early and stanly not stepping inside so we cost ourselves by trying to take the risk on and secondly it was no try you can't prove to me 100% otherwise

Lafai did not have control so that's end of discussion having your finger tips on the ball never counts as a try there was no control of the ball

There simply must be an attitude problem to go from beating manly and Melbourne with the same team almost there is no excuses for the last three games

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
People on this forum need to take the blue and white glasses off your honestly kidding yourself if you think those were tries

Firstly mybe stuffed up by passing so early and stanly not stepping inside so we cost ourselves by trying to take the risk on and secondly it was no try you can't prove to me 100% otherwise

Lafai did not have control so that's end of discussion having your finger tips on the ball never counts as a try there was no control of the ball

There simply must be an attitude problem to go from beating manly and Melbourne with the same team almost there is no excuses for the last three games
Mbye did pass too early, yeah. Stanley still scored though, since if anything, Moylan's left arm kept Stanley's arm from being out.

Lafai never lost control of the ball. Gus described it perfectly, he said like "to be able to regather the ball you have to lose the ball, and Lafai never lost the ball"

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye did pass too early, yeah. Stanley still scored though, since if anything, Moylan's left arm kept Stanley's arm from being out.

Lafai never lost control of the ball. Gus described it perfectly, he said like "to be able to regather the ball you have to lose the ball, and Lafai never lost the ball"
No the rule has changed you must have control of the ball to me that wasn't control of the ball

Forget to add they have ruled it like they did tonight all year

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrible decisions by a terrible human being. I hope he is raped by a monkey and catches aids
Not sure if Trolling, yeah ok a monkey is gonna rape a human and give aids!!

Good stuff

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fingertips are attached to your hand which constitutes a try. There was no separation, that is the interpretation, well it should be.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I am honestly disgusted with the officiating once again. How hard is to have competent people as officials?

Every week there is an issue on how there is no consistency from the officials and now that we are in the business end of the regular season such disgraceful officiating should not be tolerated.

I have zero faith in the referees and in the words of Geoff Toovey "there has to be an investigation into this, someone has to be held accountable for this"

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i believe if the thompson try was obstruction then scratch off one of their tries for a player bumping graham, then we can take off another try for being offside and pressuring kasiano inside the 10m or if you want to be putdown nazi's he also bobbled

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fingertips are attached to your hand which constitutes a try. There was no separation, that is the interpretation, well it should be.
But the have changed it from separation to control which implies two different rulings and I believe lafai did not have control of it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Steve Clark Screwup #1 - James Segeyaro first try
Sam Perretts foot is not part of the field. The ball was grounded on Perrett's foot, and then he was held up. No Try.

Steve Clark Screwup #2 - Chase Stanleys try
Chase's elbow was up and the ball was on the line. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Tim Lafai try
Tim's hand never left the ball. The angle did make it look suspect, however if separation HAD occurred, his hand would have cast a shadow on the ball from the stadium lighting. This never happened. Fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #1 - Corey Thompson try
Jamal Idris came across and tackles Thompson, and he was in the air, but got the ball grounded before touching the ground. Steve Clark immediately called NO TRY without checking on front on angle. During half time the front on angle was shown, and showed that Thompson scored a fair try.

Steve Clark Screwup #5 - James Segeyaro second try
Segeyaro in front of Soward when ball was kicked, and in an offside position when it came off Kasiano. No Try.

General Ref Screwup
During final 10 minutes of game this year, when the ball goes dead REF is meant to call time off. This NEVER occurred ripping the Bullddogs off of at least 2-3 minutes of extra time in the game.

Likewise in the first half Bulldogs were not allowed to set a scrum, despite time off being called just before half time.

So sick of people on this forum saying the team should overcome these terrible reffing decisions. We shouldn't have to in the first place if these refs weren't so pathetic we'd be infront 12-6 or atleast we'd be level going into half time. This happens to every other team in the comp and with the competition so tight you can't afford rubbish decisions especially with VIDEO TECHNOLOGY & REVIEW, there is absolutely no excuse for refs to get calls wrong. I think this is one of the many reasons why NRL crowds and support for the game is on a decline, you pay your hard earned money to watch the games and get this rubbish dished up to you. How to ruin what was going to be an awesome clash between 3rd and 4th. Video ref: Looks at every angle in slow mo for 5mins - still gets call wrong. They're either payed off or just plain idiots
Here's the thing (great post by the way).

When David Williams was stood down for betting on NRL games, 10 yes TEN match officials were involved as well.

The NRL has refused to name those officials, without denying they were involved.

None of the officials were reprimanded, and they are all still officiating.

Reesy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Steve Clarke is a disgrace. The club should issue a formal complaint - he has been doing it for 20 years. Having said that, it doesn't excuse the overall poor performance.

rellcin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Penrith r gus Gould babies, do no wrong.. Clarke is one of goulds brown nosers...
I just want to smack out Jamie soward - the milker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.