Rd 8 vs Roosters 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not man of match performances but some of the 1% improvements.
* No forwards as a link. Ball going to Flannagan, Burton or Dufty. No saying they were fantastic with the possession, bit hopefully they will dispense with the Penrith scoring manual.
* Avarillo/ Okunbor. I thought they were going to leak points but generally defended well including positional.
* Stimson - came on with some effective tackles including the last ditch on Tedesco by the pants. If he does hang on, Teddy would have set up a meat pie.
* Flannagan digging into the defensive line & tackling effort. Was not dominate but needs to keep at it.
Great post my friend

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 to Fox for his 2 tries
2 to Schoupp for shutting down manu all night
1 to Burto for his kicking game

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
3 Vaughan
2 Jac
1 TPJ

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
3 to Fox for his 2 tries
2 to Schoupp for shutting down manu all night
1 to Burto for his kicking game
Burton’s short kicking game was horrendous, how does anyone give him a point?
gutsy win tho and go dogs

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3- Covid: for taking JJ out so we had more flow.
2- Gus: for his coaching
1- JAC: 2 tries thanks
Lol thinking the same thing. For the record I’m a huge Josh fan and what he has done for the club is in the legend category for being a one team player and taking pay cuts over the years to keep better players. Unfortunately King played a way better role and has better hands, moving forward a ball playing lock.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton - 3
JAC -2
JMK - 1 (without his defence through the middle Radley would’ve done more damage)

Honorable mentions to TPJ who came alive in the last 25-30mins taking more hard and direct runs.
Flanagan with his grass cutting defence and actually putting his body on the line. Needs to commit more when he actually wants to take a run but can take some confidence out of this game.
Finally Dufty who actually defended well especially when they made line breaks. He didn’t cat away like he used to. He was involved everywhere and threw arguably the pass of the game to Okunbor. Not many FB can pass like that and put it on the money. But all in all great team performance was definitely needed after the week, and I don’t mean to dampen the mood but without Jackson we actually looked better in attack with Burton floating left to right and same as Dufty. Was nice to see some speed with the passing.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
TPJ only forward to bend the line backwards and wrecked Radley at the end. 2-0.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
3. TPJ
2. JAC
1. Vaughan

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without Burton's Kicking we lose by 20, the chooks without Tedesco we win by 30.
Right? Teddy is still the games biggest ball hog. I called it back when he was playing with tigers. He hasnt changed. Plus his running style is so fucking weird.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
3 - JAC
2 - Burto
1 - Flanno - mainly due to his crucial defence at times.

TPJ for me was good second half after what must have been a rocket at half time. His first half attitude was fukin ordinary!

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 - JAC
2 - Burto
1 - Flanno - mainly due to his crucial defence at times.

TPJ for me was good second half after what must have been a rocket at half time. His first half attitude was fukin ordinary!
TPJ was pretty ordinary in the first half, he looked disinterested and gave away some stupid penalties but he was great in the second half. Once he gets the rubbish out of his game he'll become an absolute elite player.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn’t get a point tonight but I love king
Likewise. All I can say is he has never done anything disappointing. He has an impact role generally speaking as he is not playing big minutes but he comes on(started tonight) hooks in gives 110% and gets subbed off.
I would go as far as saying good minute management from Baz as he takes him off before any errors from fatigue kick in.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton’s short kicking game was horrendous, how does anyone give him a point?
gutsy win tho and go dogs
the 40/20 and kicking us out of our own end was not horrendous. also didn't say short kicking game, just said kicking game. agree with you though

Status
Not open for further replies.