SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope we have one captain.
reed Mahoney will do and that’s it.

no co captain and no club captain
You haven’t played have you?
There is always a captain and club captain
Club captain doesn’t have to come from first grade either, could be a older guy who has been with the club for a while

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It probably needs to be Crichton. Clean slate. Burton is not a leader and reed althou has leadership qualities about him off field, the extra responsibilitys get the better of him on field. He trys too hard and trys too much and it hampered our play last yr.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You haven’t played have you?
There is always a captain and club captain
Club captain doesn’t have to come from first grade either, could be a older guy who has been with the club for a while
This is true. The scary bit with all the turmoil and turnover in recent years. I look through our roster and I struggle to find that old hard head respected clubman.

I think the lack of these experienced clubman is part of the reason ex players like Mason & Ogre were bought into the fold in a coaching/mentoring roll.

They don’t replace someone still putting on the boots IMO.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is true. The scary bit with all the turmoil and turnover in recent years. I look through our roster and I struggle to find that old hard head respected clubman.

I think the lack of these experienced clubman is part of the reason ex players like Mason & Ogre were bought into the fold in a coaching/mentoring roll.

They don’t replace someone still putting on the boots IMO.
This is what they hoped that RFM would grow into.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It probably needs to be Crichton. Clean slate. Burton is not a leader and reed althou has leadership qualities about him off field, the extra responsibilitys get the better of him on field. He trys too hard and trys too much and it hampered our play last yr.
I agree that Critta is a leader but the same as I was against Reed being made captain first year when coming from another club without captaincy experience. I’m not a fan on imported captains unless they have led teams before. Leadership looked to weigh heavily on Reed tbh but I think part of our problem is there is no natural leaders in the group. Preston, and Critta are two strong candidates for the future as we build the club back

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes Fox captain option number 35. Wouldn't have him anywhere near it after last season.
Agree, and fact is Fox being Fox and bringing energy to the group is going to happen whether he is captain or not. Making him captain means also giving him a key decision making role, and to say he doesn't always make the best decisions is probably an understatement...

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Critta is a leader but the same as I was against Reed being made captain first year when coming from another club without captaincy experience. I’m not a fan on imported captains unless they have led teams before. Leadership looked to weigh heavily on Reed tbh but I think part of our problem is there is no natural leaders in the group. Preston, and Critta are two strong candidates for the future as we build the club back
I agree with this, I’m not a believer in a new player to a team becoming captain straight away.

It does highlight how low this club was and how pretty much non existent our development was when we couldn’t even point out a strong leader to take over from JJ.

Thank goodness we have people at the club who are correcting these past mistakes.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should be Mahoney.
Honestly I can not stand Burton. Bloke seems lazy and disinterested. Far too quiet to be a leader too.
Doubt he will be any better at five eighth this year, but we will see.