2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The ass in that meme has seen more pricks than a second hand pin cushion and it’s still not as but hurt as you :laughing: you’ll mouth off and then slink away like you did last year you fucking pussy:laughing::laughing:
You dirty slimy inbred muthafuckers are on the menu next wednesday

You can shove your xxxx up your ass - ****
images.jpeg-4.jpg

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honest questions to origin fans....

Do you guys get fired up for your state as much as the Dogs?

I've always cheered for the Dogs players and don't give a rats arse who wins.

Same goes with international games.
I am 50 years old and since I was a kid, I have learnt to hate QLD in these games. There has been plenty of times that my heart was racing, especially when it looks like NSW will win a game and QLD find something right at the end to beat us on the bell. Origin is the best of the best and this time of year is where it’s at. In regards to Bulldogs players - when they are in these games - I am just hoping they never get injured. Go NSW!!!!!

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
can someone post this article? it’s behind a paywall
https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/326b16e2ec650a59ae4c24ecb8b709c4DCE calls out trio as Maroons exposed in training
Queensland skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has put three teammates on notice after the Maroons were exposed by Queensland Cup battlers Ipswich ahead of an Origin I showdown with NSW superstar Latrell Mitchell.

Cherry-Evans had an impromptu on-field discussion with Selwyn Cobbo, Tom Gilbert and Valentine Holmes after Queensland’s defensive right-edge was caught out by the struggling Jets at an opposed session at Sanctuary Cove.

Ipswich are second-last in the Queensland Cup this season, winless after nine consecutive defeats, but the Jets scored two tries down the Maroons’ right side on Thursday, prompting Cherry-Evans to lay down the law.

Rookie Queensland winger Selwyn Cobbo drifted infield for one Ipswich try as communication broke down with his inside men, centre Holmes and back-rower Gilbert.

As Maroons captain, Cherry-Evans demands standards of excellence, mindful the Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as Blues sensation Mitchell prepares to target that very right edge in Origin I.

Daly Cherry-Evans has put Maroons teammates on notice ahead of the State of Origin opener. Picture: Getty Images Daly Cherry-Evans has put Maroons teammates on notice ahead of the State of Origin opener. Picture: Getty Images South Sydney champion Mitchell carved up Queensland in NSW’s series win in 2021 and Cherry-Evans is determined for history not to repeat itself in the 2023 opener at Adelaide Oval.

“It (Cherry-Evans’ address) was basically, ‘Do your job and make your tackles’,” Maroons prop Lindsay Collins said.

“I’m not out on that right edge, so the message doesn’t quite get to me, but he does expect high standards, as does everyone in this team.

“You are at this pinnacle of football, so the opposition, if you take a second or take a break, they will find you out.

“You have to hold yourself to high standards.”

The Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as they prepare to confront Blues sensation Latrell Mitchell. Picture: Getty Images The Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as they prepare to confront Blues sensation Latrell Mitchell. Picture: Getty Images Queensland forward Jai Arrow plays alongside Mitchell at South Sydney and warned the Rabbitohs ace would run riot in Origin I if the Maroons were defensively sloppy on NSW’s left edge.

“It was just us being too eager in the first training session,” Arrow said of Queensland’s right-side gaffes in the Jets opposed session.

“We were probably over-working more than just worrying about our jobs and what we need to do to be effective.

“I thought we readjusted (on Saturday) and we were really good, so hopefully in our next big session we ice a few things leading into captain’s run and into the big game Wednesday.”

Maroons coach Billy Slater has switched Holmes from left to right centre to mark-up against Mitchell and Arrow urged Queensland defenders to swarm the NSW game breaker.

“You have to definitely take him on,” he said.

“The best thing to do with Latrell in the centres is take time away from him.

“I have no doubt their plan will be to give him early ball and get the ball in his hands.

“We just have to take time away from him, get up in his face and hopefully force errors.

“If not, then get into the tackle and slow him down, that can go a long way to slowing him down.

“Latrell is obviously a powerful runner of the ball and he is a big, strong boy.

“No doubt our right side is doing a lot of video on him and we to look forward to the contact with him, taking him on and taking the challenge on.”

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Queensland skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has put three teammates on notice after the Maroons were exposed by Queensland Cup battlers Ipswich ahead of an Origin I showdown with NSW superstar Latrell Mitchell.

Cherry-Evans had an impromptu on-field discussion with Selwyn Cobbo, Tom Gilbert and Valentine Holmes after Queensland’s defensive right-edge was caught out by the struggling Jets at an opposed session at Sanctuary Cove.

Ipswich are second-last in the Queensland Cup this season, winless after nine consecutive defeats, but the Jets scored two tries down the Maroons’ right side on Thursday, prompting Cherry-Evans to lay down the law.

Rookie Queensland winger Selwyn Cobbo drifted infield for one Ipswich try as communication broke down with his inside men, centre Holmes and back-rower Gilbert.

As Maroons captain, Cherry-Evans demands standards of excellence, mindful the Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as Blues sensation Mitchell prepares to target that very right edge in Origin I.

Daly Cherry-Evans has put Maroons teammates on notice ahead of the State of Origin opener. Picture: Getty Images Daly Cherry-Evans has put Maroons teammates on notice ahead of the State of Origin opener. Picture: Getty Images South Sydney champion Mitchell carved up Queensland in NSW’s series win in 2021 and Cherry-Evans is determined for history not to repeat itself in the 2023 opener at Adelaide Oval.

“It (Cherry-Evans’ address) was basically, ‘Do your job and make your tackles’,” Maroons prop Lindsay Collins said.

“I’m not out on that right edge, so the message doesn’t quite get to me, but he does expect high standards, as does everyone in this team.

“You are at this pinnacle of football, so the opposition, if you take a second or take a break, they will find you out.

“You have to hold yourself to high standards.”

The Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as they prepare to confront Blues sensation Latrell Mitchell. Picture: Getty Images The Maroons cannot afford defensive lapses as they prepare to confront Blues sensation Latrell Mitchell. Picture: Getty Images Queensland forward Jai Arrow plays alongside Mitchell at South Sydney and warned the Rabbitohs ace would run riot in Origin I if the Maroons were defensively sloppy on NSW’s left edge.

“It was just us being too eager in the first training session,” Arrow said of Queensland’s right-side gaffes in the Jets opposed session.

“We were probably over-working more than just worrying about our jobs and what we need to do to be effective.

“I thought we readjusted (on Saturday) and we were really good, so hopefully in our next big session we ice a few things leading into captain’s run and into the big game Wednesday.”

Maroons coach Billy Slater has switched Holmes from left to right centre to mark-up against Mitchell and Arrow urged Queensland defenders to swarm the NSW game breaker.

“You have to definitely take him on,” he said.

“The best thing to do with Latrell in the centres is take time away from him.

“I have no doubt their plan will be to give him early ball and get the ball in his hands.

“We just have to take time away from him, get up in his face and hopefully force errors.

“If not, then get into the tackle and slow him down, that can go a long way to slowing him down.

“Latrell is obviously a powerful runner of the ball and he is a big, strong boy.

“No doubt our right side is doing a lot of video on him and we to look forward to the contact with him, taking him on and taking the challenge on.”
thanks bro

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shittest QLD roster but Billy knows how to get the quick zip going.
NSW on paper

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ouch that's a massive blow. Maybe Critta can do am intercept try to win the game haha but doubt it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Ipswich are second-last in the Queensland Cup this season, winless after nine consecutive defeats"
They haven't won a game and are 2nd last, how does that work? Surely that means they are equal last?

Always a Bulldog

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
"Ipswich are second-last in the Queensland Cup this season, winless after nine consecutive defeats"
They haven't won a game and are 2nd last, how does that work? Surely that means they are equal last?

Always a Bulldog
Mackay haven't won a game either but have played an extra game lol.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
2 points for the bye in Round 9