2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1684719762555.jpg

Cadet Fitler names his squad. Stretch Graham has withdrawn due to Sternum Injury (probably a fuck you for not selecting me)

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many I was more than a little surprised to see TPJ picked in the squad after such a long layoff but he has been improving by the week but didn’t think it would result in Blues selection.

That said, feel this could be a blessing in disguise for the Bulldogs as this just might be the spark he needs to show us his true worth when he does come back to club level.

Unleash the BEAST!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee Queensland I’d always start with Grant..but understand the reasoning..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
How is Campbell Graham not starting? Hes been the best back in the nrl all year, not just 1 game like some.

Edit: read now hes not even 18th man due to injury. Either way he should have been picked to start initially

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is Campbell Graham not starting? Hes been the best back in the nrl all year, not just 1 game like some.
Graham was always unlikely. Latrell and T. Trbo can win a game on their own and done so for years in big games. Teams aren't just picked off this year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Graham was always unlikely. Latrell and T. Trbo can win a game on their own and done so for years in big games. Teams aren't just picked off this year.
Manly must appreciate turbo was fine all along but waited to the match before origin to do something

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Edit: read now hes not even 18th man due to injury. Either way he should have been picked to start initially
Because he's no Tommy T.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Luai as usual riding Clearys coat tails into a spot. Luai has outplayed Hynes this year, says nobody.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fire cracker horsborough unlucky to miss out for qld. Reckon he is made for origin either get sent off in the first 5 minutes or have a blinder.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
IMO, Campbell Graham is solid but I wouldn’t pick him over Trel, Turbo, JAC or To’o
I think he'd do a really good job if picked.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he'd do a really good job if picked.
Me too bro. He is super consistent and rarely plays poorly. Trel and Turbo are generational players who win games by themselves. IMO, Fox and to’o offer more on the wings too. I reckon that Soufs team makes Graham look good

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hynes has been better than Luai but he has been playing 7. Not sure how Hynes and Cleary compliment each other.
I actually think Hynes would be better with someone like Cleary next to him doing the kicking. Would allow Hynes to concentrate on the strongest part of his game which is him running with the ball.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Hynes would be better with someone like Cleary next to him doing the kicking. Would allow Hynes to concentrate on the strongest part of his game which is him running with the ball.
Might work, Munster and Cleary was a bad match at the WC. Hynes is a bit more direct than Munster so who knows. I reckon Cleary is more comfortable with Luai though

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is time to unlock the Foxx

Also would like to see Luai do his Chris Tucker impersonation and stand over a knocked out QLDer

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Koriosau being picked over Cook is a big risk.

QLD will run serious traffic at him, making him tackle more, which may nullify his energy in attack around the ruck.

Cook
Plays 80 minutes
Averages 45 tackles per game at 96% efficiency

Koroisau
Plays 6 minutes
Averages 35 tackles per game at 87%

Someone will have to cover him when he's on the bench, and no one really lends themselves to 9. Not Hynes, and he may have to cover backlines/spine injuries.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Koriosau being picked over Cook is a big risk.

QLD will run serious traffic at him, making him tackle more, which may nullify his energy in attack around the ruck.

Cook
Plays 80 minutes
Averages 45 tackles per game at 96% efficiency

Koroisau
Plays 6 minutes
Averages 35 tackles per game at 87%

Someone will have to cover him when he's on the bench, and no one really lends themselves to 9. Not Hynes, and he may have to cover backlines/spine injuries.
Luai, Murray or Hynes will probably spend some time there. It isn't ideal.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Luai, Murray or Hynes will probably spend some time there. It isn't ideal.
My thoughts exactly. Luai to 9, and Hynes to 6. Only way I see Hynes being played and actually able to inject himself and utilise him properly.

Be interesting to hear Don Gus' view on the selections.