The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good to see Panther come back to the pack a bit. They miss Kikau. Sucked in

Eels very solid.
I wouldn't go as far as to call them solid, they just played a little less worse than Penrith.

They look like the shell of there 22 side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Panther attack has finally been exposed now that they can't continually play over the advantage line. A lot of Panther success was due to the rule changes that increased the speed of the game as it allowed a young team with great chemistry to just play that much faster than anyone else. The other teams have now caught up and weaknesses in certain players games, poor tactical decision and selections are really showing. Losing two key players in Kikau and Api only makes things worse.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game, only saw the highlights. It sounds like there were a lot of bullshit calls. Saw the soft penalty on Moses for a "late hit" when he kicked it.. What were the two late binnings supposed to be for? You don't want games decided by refs and nearly every time Ash Klein refs, you're talking about his reffing after the game..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Panther attack has finally been exposed now that they can't continually play over the advantage line. A lot of Panther success was due to the rule changes that increased the speed of the game as it allowed a young team with great chemistry to just play that much faster than anyone else. The other teams have now caught up and weaknesses in certain players games, poor tactical decision and selections are really showing. Losing two key players in Kikau and Api only makes things worse.
Yep, we said before the season that they'd struggle without Api and Kikau... I agree that they benefited more than anyone from the BS six again changes. Now that teams and refs have adapted to them better, Penrith are just another team when they don't have 85% possession every game and numerous unlimited tackle sets like the last three seasons.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here only watched first half and then highlights now.

Ended up being a game of “2 Half’s”.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game, only saw the highlights. It sounds like there were a lot of bullshit calls. Saw the soft penalty on Moses for a "late hit" when he kicked it.. What were the two late binnings supposed to be for? You don't want games decided by refs and nearly every time Ash Klein refs, you're talking about his reffing after the game..
There was no choice but to penalise and sin bin. If anything for the sake of consistency.

Klein sent it upstairs for bunker review and in both cases it was "forceful contact to the head". He had no choice but to sin bin.

You could argue that Mitch Kennys was terribly unlucky as the Parra player was chopped in a low tackle and was falling, but these days it's still the tacklers responsibility to not hit high.

Not much doubt with these ones unless they change the rules again and introduce "discretion"

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without kikau they got no strike or threat on that edge esp considering they have on the right

Then missing Api who created so much space

They fucked now. Also ruined my multi.. which players family should I send the death threat to?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was no choice but to penalise and sin bin. If anything for the sake of consistency.

Klein sent it upstairs for bunker review and in both cases it was "forceful contact to the head". He had no choice but to sin bin.

You could argue that Mitch Kennys was terribly unlucky as the Parra player was chopped in a low tackle and was falling, but these days it's still the tacklers responsibility to not hit high.

Not much doubt with these ones unless they change the rules again and introduce "discretion"
Fair enough.. Didn't see the game or the incidents.. Just hate how everything is a binning these days. I think discretion should always be used.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Without kikau they got no strike or threat on that edge esp considering they have on the right

Then missing Api who created so much space

They fucked now. Also ruined my multi.. which players family should I send the death threat to?
Critta the flop

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Junior Paulo is facing a 3 game ban if he challenges and fails. Heres hoping Eels are dumb enough to contest and he cops the 3 games as he would miss our round 7 game.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be tough for api he is an outstanding player but he is surrounded by a team of plodders.
Storm and Bellamy will be angry tonight looking at them to run riot.