• Broncos

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Roosters

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ROD, based on Friday's shitshow we likely get belted next week, Eels will be due an "on" day.
Idk if they make it and from the bottom half probably won't go too far, also hope your wrong about Souffs lol their the only team I detest in the comp really.

I think the Rooters could do some damage I.e if they win week 1 and things align they can beat the Cows again and the Sharks definitely.
Broncs have gone off their mini boil might win a final if their form reignites.Interesting to see how the finishing positions turn out in 3 weeks time as most have some tough games to finish.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might start a 2025 GF winner thread.......'85 & '95.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROD, based on Friday's shitshow we likely get belted next week, Eels will be due an "on" day.
Idk if they make it and from the bottom half probably won't go too far, also hope your wrong about Souffs lol their the only team I detest in the comp really.

I think the Rooters could do some damage I.e if they win week 1 and things align they can beat the Cows again and the Sharks definitely.
Broncs have gone off their mini boil might win a final if their form reignites.Interesting to see how the finishing positions turn out in 3 weeks time as most have some tough games to finish.
I agree that the Eels can beat any team on their day but "their" day is very few and far between. I've said it before and say it again, they'll never win a competition while they have Brad Arthur as their coach.

They have the nucleus of a premiership winning side but they just don't have enough depth and while BA is still their coach they'll fail to attract the players they need to win another competition.

I will say they're a LOT harder to beat at CommBank than they are away from home and that will be tough for us but we proved we can match them and often lift against them. I'm putting a pen through Fridays game based on the fact of the short turnaround and only arriving in Auckland from Queensland at 1am Tuesday morning and only getting through ONE captains run prior to the game. It showed in the end, they were spent.

Hopefully we get Thommo and or TPJ back for the game. Blood a few younger players if they're not ready. Alamoti and Stuckey are close to getting a call up and I notice Ava and Doorey are back playing in Reserves. We need a lot more size in our pack.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Storm stay healthy they will take it out

Nofo is a massive inclusion, as him and Coates are excellent returners of the ball who constantly get their sets rolling.....

If Remis Smith and Hughes come back firing, they will be hard to stop

Munster adds another dimension and unpredictability from the back

Panthers and Storm favourites for me with the Roosters being the smokies

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Souths, murray, walker, latrell, cook, their beast forward pack that still has players coming back. Campbell Graham will see both Tass and him in the centres, deadly asf.

Malla

Reaction score
Souths I reckon.

Looks like Cook, Walker and Mitchell will re-sign. Their playing roster remains the same. Illias a year better. No changes to coaching staff.

Penrith some big changes and huge losses (both coaches and players) will surely start to take effect.

Storm are cooked, too many changes next year.

Roosters will be a chance.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone but souffs. Fuck I hate them
Back in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s Manly were the most hated team bar none.

To some extent they still are but I feel more sorry for them now than hate but I often ask myself, is how depressing it would be to be an Eels fan.

As for the most hated I have the Rorters clear of anyone including Souths. As much as I don’t like Souths I hate the Latte sipping, powder nose Rorters more.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Cowboys and Broncos can kick on next year or will have second year syndrome,

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Cowboys and Broncos can kick on next year or will have second year syndrome,
Feel Cowboys have had a dream run with very few injuries apart from Jordan McLean. They have probably one of the biggest if not the biggest packs in the competition. Didn’t think they’d be that high on the ladder, they’ve overachieved this year. Broncos are looking serious premiership material over the next few years. Reynolds has been the buy of the season and with future stars coming along like Cobbo and the arrival of Walsh, they look very dangerous in claiming another comp over the next 2 to 3 years.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Penrith get cleary back for finals so still hard to beat. I think the dangers to them are souths and roosters.

Edit: ah shit the thread is about 2023. I was commenting about 2022

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s Manly were the most hated team bar none.

To some extent they still are but I feel more sorry for them now than hate but I often ask myself, is how depressing it would be to be an Eels fan.

As for the most hated I have the Rorters clear of anyone including Souths. As much as I don’t like Souths I hate the Latte sipping, powder nose Rorters more.
Hate how souths get called pride of the league , the stupid glory glory crap playing all the time. Everything about the nrl making 2014 grand final about them and not both teams.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
2023 Roosters, 2022 anyone but the Panthers please...

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate how souths get called pride of the league , the stupid glory glory crap playing all the time. Everything about the nrl making 2014 grand final about them and not both teams.
Yeh I suppose its what gets to people more than anything and while I hear what you're saying and believe me I felt sick after they beat us in the GF with Sam Burgess crying like a 'baby' and all the crap with Rusty and the theme song blaring but I was half expecting that as they came into that GF with a lot of momentum and as you say more focus on them than us but that was due to them not having won in such a long time, they were favourites to beat us but didn't make it any easier when they did, that was the one moment I really hated them as much as I hated the Rorters. We at least had a link with them through Bob McCarthy who came to us from Souths in the '70's.

I look at it from over a longer period and the Rorters dominated the mid '70's with a virtual rep squad, were undefeated in '74 from memory in both competitions that year, they ran a 2nd midweek competition and they never lost a game, came out the next year to win the premiership again.

Ecstatic when we beat them in '80, our first flag in 38 years, have always barracked for anyone playing them in a GF as they're, pardon the pun, so cocky and have the backing of Politis plus they have players I love to hate in JW-H, Lodge and Freddie played there and he and Gus over the years are extremely biased in their calls when they commentate their games. Gus might change now he's with us. They've also given us Flanagan and even worse Napa. Hate them with a passion.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here’s my tier ranking

1. Penrith
2. Souths
3. Sharks
4. Storm
5. Roosters
6. Cowboys
7. Parramatta
8. Brisbane.
Who are we knocking out to get in there ourselves for '23?