News 2022 vision: Why Burton signing fits Dogs' long-term plan

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder were we could have been without the previous board so incompetent the dark days are behind us we finally have stability and our spine is 90% completed after 2022 but I do hope we get it more complete sooner rather then later

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate hill I guess in the early days it shows that we had a really unstable divided board when it come to decisions on every thing and now everyone is on the same wave length regardless of who was at fault it shows in all aspects the anderson and co made all these promises and didn’t deliver she was moved on and her parrots and the new chair and remaining boards have made shit happen swiftly cutting the family club bull shit and have a vision of being a powerhouse no nonsense club it’s the selling point not we’re the family club and bottom 4 is acceptable and we will love u shit
It’s finals or fuck off mentality it was the attitude of our early 2000s teams

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hilly has been very consistent in his messaging and despite his detractors (you can never please everyone) - his work leading the footy club is now bearing fruit. Roll on 2021 and beyond...:-).
Absolutely. And to be honest I'd rather he be the one that does all the public speaking, and the board just concentrate on the behind the scenes stuff.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh the 3 years of pay and extending his astute decisions only to sack him before being the members forced change and stepping down before being tossed out themselves really was a master piece.

So glad we are finally ran with competence and a United board with no selfish decisions made.

No wonder we are finally landing names targeted.
Let's enjoy the moment now !
Let's keep on working for a better future !
Let's allow the time to reveal all the truth...Nothing but the truth !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder were we could have been without the previous board so incompetent the dark days are behind us we finally have stability and our spine is 90% completed after 2022 but I do hope we get it more complete sooner rather then later
I genuinely believe, if Pay's contract wasn't extended we would have been in a better position to recruit in 2019 for the 2021 season.
Now we are the children of today, I believe the guidance of John Khoury will lead us to the promised better future !!!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before...I wish I could !
I respect people that place trust in me, I will not elaborate on nothing that would jeopardize that trust !!!
Especially in very important and sensitive matters.
I can assure you...Normally in good time all truth will be known !!!
In the meantime the rebuild must continue !!!
Is JAC part of the rebuild

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spot on. Their cheer squad still trying. Wish they left with them for real. No wonder they are salty they got exposed mocking the restaurant meeting crap and turns out that’s the ending of it their beloved free ride.

Now they are gone and the club is United us real fans can enjoy !!!

Love it
Real fans?? Didn’t you send your membership card back??? hahahaha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
14 years straight for me!

Must admit if your mob had of stayed on and continued to run this place into the ground it would of been bloody hard to keep paying for your free loading.

Thankfully the real fans got rid of them and your incompetent mob.

Now we are on the right direction!

Thank God!!!

Up the doggies!!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
14 years straight for me!

Must admit if your mob had of stayed on and continued to run this place into the ground it would of been bloody hard to keep paying for your free loading.

Thankfully the real fans got rid of them and your incompetent mob.

Now we are on the right direction!

Thank God!!!

Up the doggies!!!
Is that all? Our mob? What don’t you get? We don’t have a mob at the club. All we have ever wanted is the best for the club. At least you’ve stopped whingeing in every post now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep. Since I was 18! Missed 1 year when I was overseas.

Keep deflecting. Go back to your restaurant jokes. Turns out it was on you and your mob!

Though your right about one thing. You don’t have a mob at the club... anymore. Thank fuck.

The real fans got rid of them!

Anyway how good is it we are ran by professionals now and not the incompetent mob that couldn’t run their own businesses.

No wonder we are on the up!

Let’s trot!!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Keep deflecting. Go back to your restaurant jokes. Turns out it was on you and your mob!

Though your right about one thing. You don’t have a mob at the club... anymore. Thank fuck.

Anyway how good is it we are ran by professionals now and not the incompetent mob that couldn’t run their own businesses.

Let’s trot!!!
Mob

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Let’s trot!!!
You really are a dick. Just because people don't see things exactly how you do, doesn't give you the right to say that they're not real fans. I tend to think that the improvement in our roster was pretty much inevitably going to happen when it did. I'm positive that we're going to make big steps forwards. The three board member resignations only prevented a big delay while the media shat on our club and scared off recruitment targets.

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
And Thompson, the worst signing we’ve had since 1934 :grinning:
Give the bloke a go. I truly believe this guy has the goods. He is a try scoring prop. Is very quick on his feet. Has mongrel in him and will under a new coach with some quality players around show us all why St Helens were so pissed when we signed him.
He has done it tough since arriving and just needs the club to get it's shit together and get his partner here.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give the bloke a go. I truly believe this guy has the goods. He is a try scoring prop. Is very quick on his feet. Has mongrel in him and will under a new coach with some quality players around show us all why St Helens were so pissed when we signed him.
He has done it tough since arriving and just needs the club to get it's shit together and get his partner here.
Yes we were giving him big wraps from the start but were ridiculed because some of the experts here said he was a shocking signing so I was joking about that. I think he’ll have a massive year for us

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club couldn't be in a better place moving forward and Hill, Barrett, Laundy etc have all done a great job in building the foundations of a potential premiership winning team within the next few years.

We've already made great signings with Burton, Flanagan, Cotric and Thompson and with more cap space in 22, I can't wait to see who else we sign moving forward.

The hiring of Barrett, Laundy coming aboard and now the signing of those key players I mentioned have instantly made the club much more attractive for potential recruits.
Add Hansen to that list he’s a massive signing