News 2022 vision: Why Burton signing fits Dogs' long-term plan

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Time will tell...
One day I will remind everyone about the need not to blow trumpets !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Aren’t you guys the guys who had the field day about the live update at the restaurant?

Guess that mail explains these views.

Anyway thank God those days are gone. Onward and upwards now we are ran by a United and competent mob.

As others have said it’s good to see Hill not being controlled and the only news now is positive not fights in house.

Up The dogs! Let’s trot!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cotric too.
And laid a bunch of other groundwork.
But hey, let’s not let facts get in the way of a whinge...
Finding it really interesting on here.

Wonderfully positive times, and it's exciting being a part of it all. Seems as though our future is much brighter, which is brilliant of course.

Though, the positivity is a little weird as there always seems to be not too subtle jabs at the 3 ex board members in many a post. Don't get it personally?

On the one hand everyone is waxing lyrical about Barrett, and how he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. But in the same breath completely ignoring the fact those 3 board members apparently played a massive part in him getting here.

Many are singing the Laudry's praises from the rooftops, and how they're getting involved in the signings such as Burton but then brush off the fact they're here largely because of those 3 board members.

We can talk about the coaching staff and how it's great that we've finally got more expertise and direction to the club. Yet again this is the doings of those 3 ex baord members, and the others at the time.

We could mention Steve Hansen. Another who clearly was in discussions with those from the board that are no longer with us.

The fact we're in the position to sign so many players is because our old board did all the legwork to give us breathing space in the salary cap for this year.

Now. I'm not saying that getting rid of them was a bad choice. Not at all. The decision was made, and we move on. I personally haven't shed a single tear that they're not here. But, let's not bury what they've done for this club and pretend that all of the current success is because they're no longer here.

They did shit things. They did good things. Either talk about neither, which I'd be happy to see happen. Or talk about both sides.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Wonderfully positive times, and it's exciting being a part of it all. Seems as though our future is much brighter, which is brilliant of course.

Though, the positivity is a little weird as there always seems to be not too subtle jabs at the 3 ex board members in many a post. Don't get it personally?

On the one hand everyone is waxing lyrical about Barrett, and how he's the second coming of Jesus Christ. But in the same breath completely ignoring the fact those 3 board members apparently played a massive part in him getting here.

Many are singing the Laudry's praises from the rooftops, and how they're getting involved in the signings such as Burton but then brush off the fact they're here largely because of those 3 board members.

We can talk about the coaching staff and how it's great that we've finally got more expertise and direction to the club. Yet again this is the doings of those 3 ex baord members, and the others at the time.

We could mention Steve Hansen. Another who clearly was in discussions with those from the board that are no longer with us.

The fact we're in the position to sign so many players is because our old board did all the legwork to give us breathing space in the salary cap for this year.

Now. I'm not saying that getting rid of them was a bad choice. Not at all. The decision was made, and we move on. I personally haven't shed a single tear that they're not here. But, let's not bury what they've done for this club and pretend that all of the current success is because they're no longer here.

They did shit things. They did good things. Either talk about neither, which I'd be happy to see happen. Or talk about both sides.
Don’t you know Tassie - everything has only happened in the past 6 weeks! :-).

You’re right mate - this work has been going on for 3 years and irrespective of individual seat changes and timing of some of the work being made public, it’s been a long time coming and credit where credit is due - for all involved.

Any suggestion that all this good stuff has magically happened in the last 6 weeks and because of 3 director changes is just naive.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Aren’t you guys the guys who had the field day about the live update at the restaurant?

Guess that mail explains these views.

Anyway thank God those days are gone. Onward and upwards now we are ran by a United and competent mob.

As others have said it’s good to see Hill not being controlled and the only news now is positive not fights in house.

Up The dogs! Let’s trot!
You mean the big AGM meeting at Revesby workers that could’ve been accommodated in a phone box? Three board members were changed to avoid causing more drama for the club after they had done all the leg work. You’d have to be an absolute goose to not be able to give any credit for that

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Great post and I agree 100%

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
man, ive said this before but you love your riddles. can you elaborate here?
Like I said before...I wish I could !
I respect people that place trust in me, I will not elaborate on nothing that would jeopardize that trust !!!
Especially in very important and sensitive matters.
I can assure you...Normally in good time all truth will be known !!!
In the meantime the rebuild must continue !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh the 3 years of pay and extending his astute decisions only to sack him before being the members forced change and stepping down before being tossed out themselves really was a master piece.

So glad we are finally ran with competence and a United board with no selfish decisions made.

No wonder we are finally landing names targeted.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh the 3 years of pay and extending his astute decisions only to sack him before being the members forced change and stepping down before being tossed out themselves really was a master piece.

So glad we are finally ran with competence and a United board with no selfish decisions made.

No wonder we are finally landing names targeted.
No wonder no one will vouch for you as a member. You just don’t get it. Maybe get a tattoo of a brain so at least you’ll have one

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t you know Tassie - everything has only happened in the past 6 weeks! :-).

You’re right mate - this work has been going on for 3 years and irrespective of individual seat changes and timing of some of the work being made public, it’s been a long time coming and credit where credit is due - for all involved.

Any suggestion that all this good stuff has magically happened in the last 6 weeks and because of 3 director changes is just naive.
It is. I’m not surprised 09 can’t see it and am shocked he took time out from posting, “just fucking sign JAC just fucking do it fuck I’ll jizz fuck I’ll fucking jizz”. I am however, surprised at some of the more intelligent posters who seem blind to it. Anyway, it’s so much better the people that mocked us for being positive about the future are now umm being positive about the future :grinning:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before...I wish I could !
I respect people that place trust in me, I will not elaborate on nothing that would jeopardize that trust !!!
Especially in very important and sensitive matters.
I can assure you...Normally in good time all truth will be known !!!
In the meantime the rebuild must continue !!!
Oh dont get me wrong, theres trust in what you say, just dont understand it sometimes :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's just enjoy the present and the future and be thankful that the worst is behind us. Burton could have a Thurston/Ponga like impact after changing clubs and with Barrett, Hill, Khoury and Laundy at the helm we finally are settled and balanced on and off the field.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's no coincide things have happened since John Koury has taken control and all the personal agendas have been put aside since the board changes were made.

You have to wonder how further advanced we could have been had it not been for the foolish decision to re-sign Pay for another year in 2019 but its all history now.

Credit to Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn for their work and realising they had to step away as it has the given the club a fresh start it had badly needed.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's just enjoy the present and the future and be thankful that the worst is behind us.
100% It’s like some people can’t post without putting the boot into previous board members or Dean Pay. Things are finally looking good with the timeline we were given, time to move on!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no coincide things have happened since John Koury has taken control and all the personal agendas have been put aside since the board changes were made.

You have to wonder how further advanced we could have been had it not been for the foolish decision to re-sign Pay for another year in 2019 but its all history now.

Credit to Moore, Ballesty and Dunn for their work and realising they had to step away as it has the given the club a fresh start it had badly needed.
I was like who the fuck is Moore for a sec

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Credit to Anderson, Ballesty and Dunn for their work and realising they had to step away as it has the given the club a fresh start it had badly needed.
Spot on. Their cheer squad still trying. Wish they left with them for real. No wonder they are salty they got exposed mocking the restaurant meeting crap and turns out that’s the ending of it their beloved free ride.

Now they are gone and the club is United us real fans can enjoy !!!

Love it