2022 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton was smothered because they were worried about his bombs. During the 6 the ball barely made it past the edge forwards. Luauai was kicking under pressure before the ball got to Burton as well with no 10 metres all game.

Difference between Burton and Crichton was Burton didn't make crucial mistakes under pressure which is what the best Origin players do even when the game doesn't go to plan.
I remember Crichton made one silly error trying to offload. Yet I believe the pass was on but lack of urgency from support players to be in position. He had been offloading brilliant prior to that. Tupou error right on halftime was the biggest mistake of game. Burton was definitely targeted. Tino tried to rip he’s head off in first half, if connected properly would of been sent off

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
I remember Crichton made one silly error trying to offload. Yet I believe the pass was on but lack of urgency from support players to be in position. He had been offloading brilliant prior to that. Tupou error right on halftime was the biggest mistake of game. Burton was definitely targeted. Tino tried to rip he’s head off in first half, if connected properly would of been sent off
it did connect properly
his fist was clenched and he hit him right on the button

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score

Both Gagai and Burton can escape suspensions with 23% of their match fee taken after the pair were charged with grade two striking after throwing punches at each other after half-time.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He and Tupou missed the tackle on Holmes in opening try, didn't keep track of any other missed tackles but also the brain snap pass that led to try. There was no urgency because that sort of play is a no-no in Origin so no other players were expecting it.

Our worst players were S Crichton, Tupou and Talakai as they all had a hand in the key errors in the game. The missed tackles resulting in tries, errors that led to tries and also changed the momentum of the game.

The warning signs with Crichton were there after game 1 but Freddy promoted him instead. Whether or not it was an unfamiliar side of the field, Wighton and Burton should have been our centres in game 3.

We also had no speed on the wings just guys who could cart the ball out of our own 20 like extra forwards. Fox would have been an attacking threat that Qld would have had to have stayed ready for all game.

Talakai was a poor choice on bench, as a back he doesn't have electric pace just silky hands and a decent motor, as a forward he's too small for a physical Origin decider when we were already carrying Murray, Jake and Martin in our pack.

Normally players are equally or more to blame for a loss than a coach but this was a tactical loss in terms of tactics, play anticipation and team selection and that is on Freddy.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holmes ran through Crichton to score

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People bagging Crichton, I actually thought he was good last night. Way better than Burton. Again our lack of creativity on last play was my major concern. Same as when we lost game one, Cleary just does these pointless bombs. No height, no depth, no pressure. QLD we’re kicking early, mixing it up.
Good come off it?

Let in the Holmes try, passes the ball to no one 10m out from the line which causes a drop out..

Bloke is lucky he's playing for Penrith.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
it did connect properly
his fist was clenched and he hit him right on the button
Clenched fist is and always has been one of the KPI's for a deliberate head high tackle. Tino should have been binned twice last night. Upcoming games between Bulldogs and Titans, Bulldogs v Knights could see some retribution for the gutless attack by Gagai and Tino last night. Also gutless were Klein and the MRP for not taking strong enough action during and after the game.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not blaming the refs for our loss but they certainly helped the cane toads with umpteen repeat sets just prior to half time and then in the 2nd half they were taking an eternity to get off Blues players but not once were we given a repeat set. How Tino was allowed to stay on after THREE indiscretions that would’ve seen him binned in the NRL is beyond belief.

It’s gets bigger every year and is the jewel in the crown when it comes how much money SOO makes for the game.

For that reason they need to keep it interesting year in year out. NSW were becoming use to and disinterested with the series when the Maroons dominated. Now the worm has turned somewhat from those glory days for QLD most thought there would be a Blues dominance but they now seem to be taking it in turns at winning.

NSW had a lot of talent out due to injury, covid or poor selections.

If we get Turbo, Latrell, JAC and possibly Hynes back next year we should be winning.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Clenched fist is and always has been one of the KPI's for a deliberate head high tackle. Tino should have been binned twice last night. Upcoming games between Bulldogs and Titans, Bulldogs v Knights could see some retribution for the gutless attack by Gagai and Tino last night. Also gutless were Klein and the MRP for not taking strong enough action during and after the game.
Last night was standard origin

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good come off it?

Let in the Holmes try, passes the ball to no one 10m out from the line which causes a drop out..

Bloke is lucky he's playing for Penrith.
One missed tackle, he’s defence otherwise was solid and he took some strong carys. Better than he’s other games. I’m not blaming him for loss that’s all

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Luai was the worst. He was responsible for the effective no show of the left edge. Failed to get Burton and To'o into the game, and when he did pass it over to the left air mailed it to Talakai. Fittler needed to hook Luai for last 10, put Talakai at Centre, Burton at five eighth and make him bomb as much as possible... needed to generate some uncertainty.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Luai was the worst. He was responsible for the effective no show of the left edge. Failed to get Burton and To'o into the game, and when he did pass it over to the left air mailed it to Talakai. Fittler needed to hook Luai for last 10, put Talakai at Centre, Burton at five eighth and make him bomb as much as possible... needed to generate some uncertainty.
I don't like Luai at all, he's a ball hog... Countless times in club footy he robs Tago and May of clean ball in space as he wants to run himself.