2022 State of Origin Game 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone wants a laugh go the Penrith panthers fans only Facebook page all the excuses they are making for their players dud performance last night they’ve been cocky arseholes all year so funny

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fittler the fraud lost that with poor team selection and poor coaching.

Supposed to be NSW golden era - and should be too, but we have a dud coach.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes Freddy will get the blame for loss, but you need to cut the snakes head off.
Greg Alexander too much say and influence.
Leaving out RCG to please Penrith players, who do they think they are?? Luilas good in attack but terrible in reading defence, Burto was having a nightmare beside him. Wighton should definitely be in side either centre or 5/8, Staggs in for Critta. Fox in for Topoo, Talakai never again. More Front rowers needed, Jake off Bench for yeo who needed a rest.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
surely paps and hynes get a chance at some point next year? honestly this might be a lil controversial but I'd rather have mitch moses at 5/8 than luai

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Crichton has been awful all 3 games.
Right there in that exact player selection is the quintessential summary on the history of SOO and NSW inappropriate selections of players, whilst great in club land, just do not have the mettle for SOO. It's a different beast and Qld wrote the playbook and NSW just don't get it.

Turvey got them back on track with his passion and leadership for the Blues but they continually stuff it up year after year.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Right there in that exact player selection is the quintessential summary on the history of SOO and NSW inappropriate selections of players, whilst great in club land, just do not have the mettle for SOO. It's a different beast and Qld wrote the playbook and NSW just don't get it.
Because the dumb fucks can't read.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turvey got them back on track with his passion and leadership for the Blues but they continually stuff it up year after year.
Funny you say that. Growing up and still now we have often lacked players in the NSW team who can get in a grind and win, when there are no 80 metre tries to be scored, only slow play the balls and a non existent 10 metres. Our best attacking teams are picked with expectations of 20+ wins every game. However it was often the tight semi final style games that the Bulldogs would always thrive in that eventuated.

The number of times I'd look at the NSW team and never see a Bulldogs player picked. Gus got it which is why he was good in Origin.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Funny you say that. Growing up and still now we have often lacked players in the NSW team who can get in a grind and win, when there are no 80 metre tries to be scored, only slow play the balls and a non existent 10 metres. Our best attacking teams are picked with expectations of 20+ wins every game. However it was often the tight semi final style games that the Bulldogs would always thrive in that eventuated.

The number of times I'd look at the NSW team and never see a Bulldogs player picked.
The game has changed and even semi finals and Grand Finals...but SOO stays the same.

Walking bare foot and connecting with the Earth will never substitute for tough no compromising simple footy and 100% effort.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People bagging Crichton, I actually thought he was good last night. Way better than Burton. Again our lack of creativity on last play was my major concern. Same as when we lost game one, Cleary just does these pointless bombs. No height, no depth, no pressure. QLD we’re kicking early, mixing it up.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game has changed and even semi finals and Grand Finals...but SOO stays the same.

Walking bare foot and connecting with the Earth will never substitute for tough no compromising simple footy and 100% effort.
It rang my alarm bells when the Origin Camp manscaping beauty session made the news.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It rang my alarm bells when the Origin Camp manscaping beauty session made the news.
Another example of NSW greater sophistication and manscaping evolvement over Qld lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People bagging Crichton, I actually thought he was good last night. Way better than Burton. Again our lack of creativity on last play was my major concern. Same as when we lost game one, Cleary just does these pointless bombs. No height, no depth, no pressure. QLD we’re kicking early, mixing it up.
Burton was smothered because they were worried about his bombs. During the 6 the ball barely made it past the edge forwards. Luauai was kicking under pressure before the ball got to Burton as well with no 10 metres all game.

Difference between Burton and Crichton was Burton didn't make crucial mistakes under pressure which is what the best Origin players do even when the game doesn't go to plan.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if the Fittler was joking but the other day, & they mentioned Munster having covid he said minerals can help with covid. They were showing the NSW team in a spa. What a space cadet.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he hasn't played in the SOO arena, but for me Flanagan would be an ideal NSW coach given the way NSW need to play a decider is how his teams play.