2022 Round 21 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope that in some way we fuck up the eels finals prospects by belting them (again) in rd 23.
We will beat them very confident we will fire up against Parra with nothing to loose for us and Eels will be under pressure

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a classic example of professional football teams focusing solely on winning football games and not virtual signaling to minority groups.

I said last week their season is effectively over and so it proved tonight.
Not that difficult to predict

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very much a long shot, particularly give our F/A - but wouldn’t it be great if we end up ahead of Manly on the ladder!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
People complaining about Schoup passing to Saab the last 10 minutes Harper was hopeless. Think we got the better player for sure
And on the other side, Kiraz won't be a pushover vs Saab. He will be up for the contest without a doubt.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least surprised if Manly don't win another game this year after the pride jersey saga.

Stats out of the game are very revealing and I feel that a few aren't really putting in as they have been and should have been in this game.

While they meet Titans next week I wouldn't be so certain of victory there either as Titans weren't that bad against the Storm in Melbourne and are a LOT harder to beat at home and Titans are overdue for a win.

Manly then meet Sharks at home and then the last last two games are away to the Raiders and Bulldogs.

Eels were made to look good than they actually are. Will be making up the numbers in Finals as they can't compete against the better teams.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels are fortunate they have 3 of their last 4 games at Commbank Stadium where they're very hard to beat but they're all tough games against Souths, Bulldogs and Storm. There one away game is against the Broncos at Suncorp.

We smashed them earlier this year and are playing a lot better now than when we last met them.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eels are fortunate they have 3 of their last 4 games at Commbank Stadium where they're very hard to beat but they're all tough games against Souths, Bulldogs and Storm. There one away game is against the Broncos at Suncorp.

We smashed them earlier this year and are playing a lot better now than when we last met them.
Your points are valid about their inconsistency during the season but i think their as good a chance as any finals teams.
Have beaten Penrith and the Storm(when they were in top nick)but probably do need to make the top 4 which is where their problems may be, they do have a tough run home.They also could bounce back against us in a couple of weeks they were poor that day..Having said that of course I hope we beat them, even kick their arses again.

They went very close to playing Souths in the big dance last year don't forget,

NoChance

Waterboy
Reaction score

What I hate the Eels but
I wouldn't be the least surprised if Manly don't win another game this year after the pride jersey saga.

Stats out of the game are very revealing and I feel that a few aren't really putting in as they have been and should have been in this game.

While they meet Titans next week I wouldn't be so certain of victory there either as Titans weren't that bad against the Storm in Melbourne and are a LOT harder to beat at home and Titans are overdue for a win.

Manly then meet Sharks at home and then the last last two games are away to the Raiders and Bulldogs.

Eels were made to look good than they actually are. Will be making up the numbers in Finals as they can't compete against the better teams.
I hate Parra.... But to say they can't compete against better teams is nonsense. They beat Penrith twice this year including at Penrith at full strength they were unlucky not to beat them in finals in 2021. If they can put it all together they unfortunately might break their Premiership drought.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your points are valid about their inconsistency during the season but i think their as good a chance as any finals teams.
Have beaten Penrith and the Storm(when they were in top nick)but probably do need to make the top 4 which is where their problems may be, they do have a tough run home.They also could bounce back against us in a couple of weeks they were poor that day..Having said that of course I hope we beat them, even kick their arses again.

They went very close to playing Souths in the big dance last year don't forget,
Agree with most of that, they've proven they can beat any side in the comp on their day but the problem is they're not consistent enough.

They look like world beaters sometimes and all their fans come out and say after such a win, "this is our year". Off one or two impressive wins.

They just don't have the strike power across the board against the better teams, they upset one of them but they just can't back it up and it's been a problem for them for a while.

Eels have a fairly solid team when they're on song but they fall short in a few areas, mainly defence, to be any real premiership threat and their overall stats do not make for good reading if anyone believes they're a premiership threat.

Their defence is still the worst of any team currently sitting in the top 8 and even Canberra sitting 9th have had less points scored against them this year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with most of that, they've proven they can beat any side in the comp on their day but the problem is they're not consistent enough.

They look like world beaters sometimes and all their fans come out and say after such a win, "this is our year". Off one or two impressive wins.

They just don't have the strike power across the board against the better teams, they upset one of them but they just can't back it up and it's been a problem for them for a while.

Eels have a fairly solid team when they're on song but they fall short in a few areas, mainly defence, to be any real premiership threat and their overall stats do not make for good reading if anyone believes they're a premiership threat.

Their defence is still the worst of any team currently sitting in the top 8 and even Canberra sitting 9th have had less points scored against them this year.
Yeh the shaky chance of a top 4 possie due to that inconsistency could hurt them, just think their best is good enough in the finals.I didn't mention that if they make the big dance they will likely choke anyway lol.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I hate the Eels but

I hate Parra.... But to say they can't compete against better teams is nonsense. They beat Penrith twice this year including at Penrith at full strength they were unlucky not to beat them in finals in 2021. If they can put it all together they unfortunately might break their Premiership drought.
LOL. When was the last time they won a premiership? Oh that's right 1986.

They have the nucleus of a good side but they're not only inconsistent, they don't have the overall depth that the other clubs do and if you believe Club Rounds are the same as Finals Footy then you obviously aren't old enough to know it's like a whole new competition when Finals start.

They may win one finals game and then bow out the next week, they have beaten top sides in club matches but have failed time and time again in the pressure cooker of Finals football.

They need another coach as I've said a number of times previously while ever they have Brad Arthur as coach they will always come up short.