2022 Round 19 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see anyone beating Panthers (hoping Cows can) but tonight they were in 4th gear and Sharks were 10 nil up yet they still rounded them in easily

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because they haven't had to, different story now though. They've lost basically there entire forward pack with kaufusi, Bromwich brothers and Smith all leaving this season. They definitely have money to spend.
Bellamy could pull an Alex Ferguson and leave the squad in tatters, maybe he can't be arsed anymore with the big 3 gone. Bellamy has to deal with fuckwits like Anasta driving up Munsters price every week.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell pushed Hughes in the back of the ball and that’s allowed wow
Was that when he then passed to Johnston to score as I thought I'd seen that as well. It was very subtle but he good players have a way of getting away with it.

Wally Lewis and Cameron Smith were experts in even fooling the refs more often than not.

If there was a push from Latrell why then didn't Hughes have it reviewed?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
South’s got alot of assistance again tonight. The ref/NRL bias is killing the game.
They're influenced by the Soufffs fans who I must say are the worst when it comes to sheer bias towards their own team.

All fans do it to some extent but Soufffs with the Rorters a close 2nd are the worst fans when it comes to influencing the refs, especially at their home games.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Including our game against the Titans we have 7 games to play and while it's a stretch to expect us making the 8 I do feel we can finish just outside as I feel we can potentially win 6 of those 7 games.

Only one I'd say we're most unlikely to win is against the Sharks as it is at Pointsbet Stadium and they're incredibly hard to beat at home. Every other game is winnable for us if we play to our full potential and get some injured troops back soon or even blood some of the younger talent before years end. We can finish on 22 Points if we do win 6 of our last 7.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt the Panfffers are looking good in going back to back but I've seen enough Rugby League over the years to know that it's not over until it's over. Parramatta, Rorters and Manly have all over the last 20 years looked like they were unbeatable through their respective seasons but were beaten on the big day.

It's incredibly hard to win back to back premierships and the NRL don't like it to happen as it puts other fans off seeing the same team winning it all the time and also less merchandise being sold.

Broncos were extremely strong in the early 90's and won back to back premierships and Storm won a few in a row before they were stripped of them for salary cap breaches and while the Rorters won back to back in 2019 they were helped by Uncle Nick, TPA's and also the ref Cummins robbing any chance the Raiders had of winning in the dying minutes of that GF so I'm definitely NOT saying the Panthers are sure things in going back to back.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Something about Penrith being at the top outright pisses me of. When storm were at the top fair enough sort of learnt to respect that. Cant see then dropping out the top 4 for atleast the next three years. Feel they won’t win it this year though.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are looking ominous and a major threat to the Panthers, IF Latrell doesn't get injured.

Cowboys will drop off to a degree but should still make the 8 off good early form, their run home doesn't look easy for them.

Sharks are a good side but are far harder to beat at Pointsbet then they are when playing away, strong chance for top 4 but a lock for top 8.

Broncos have a fairly good run home so should make the 8 but feel they may drop out of the top 4. Most improved side in the competition this season but not consistent enough to be a premiership threat.

Don't want to dismiss the Storm like many on here have as they're still a champion side who are going through a form and injury slump but know when the finals are on and always seem to time their run to perfection. They'll get Brandon Smith and Xavier Coates back in the next few weeks. They're a LOT better than their current form suggests.

Eels are the team I feel may struggle to make the 8 as they have a tough run home and have been unimpressive when beating weak sides like the Warriors and West Tigers and shown up against the better sides and even the Broncos showed them up on Thursday night. Only plus for them is that they have 4 games at home and they, like the Sharks are far harder to beat when playing at home (Commbank Stadium)

Rorters also have a tough run home but did look good albeit against a very poor Knights team. They're borderline to make the 8 but should make it in my opinion. Definitely a better chance than the Eels of making the 8.

Sea Eagles are to hot and cold to be a threat in the competition. They're still a rough chance of making the 8 but the loss of Turbo earlier this year virtually ended their hopes of finishing top 4.

Raiders can definitely make the top 8 and could go deep into the finals. They always seem to finish their season off strongly and have size and pace to make life difficult for a number of sides higher on the table. They also have a very good run home compared to others so I can't see them missing top 8.

Saints looked good against Manly at home but will struggle over the next few weeks as they meet Cowboys at Home, Sharks Away and Raiders Away. All tough games and can't see them making the finals.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bellamy could pull an Alex Ferguson and leave the squad in tatters, maybe he can't be arsed anymore with the big 3 gone. Bellamy has to deal with fuckwits like Anasta driving up Munsters price every week.
Munster should be in the top 5 paid players in the NRL.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t see anyone beating Panthers (hoping Cows can) but tonight they were in 4th gear and Sharks were 10 nil up yet they still rounded them in easily
If they all stay fit and keep building momentum, the Broncos could be a real threat to Penrith.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think parra are the team who will challenge the Panthers also and even though a lot of kennelers hate parra I'd like to see them win a comp for my elderly parent's, just saying!!
Nah I'm looking forward to singing 40 years and won fuck all..not far off now

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at this comp, this could be the year where a team outside the top 4 wins it.

Penrith are cruising, the only teams who can give them a game in the finals would be a fully fit Storm and Eels. Souths aren't the same threat without Reynolds.
Roosters are always a threat. Parra, just making up the numbers.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finucane looking at two game suspension, Chrichton spent the night getting surgery on his ear.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Finucane looking at two game suspension, Chrichton spent the night getting surgery on his ear.
It was a head clash. You get suspended for a head clash these days.