Glad you imagined it. Wish it was some form of reality. Isnt
1. JAC
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Allan
5. Okunbor/Schoupp
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

(can shuffle the back 5 around to whatever you like)

What we currently have isn't bad. It's the forwards (hooker + prop) we need to address. Naden would be a good addition tho.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine this backline 1 -jake averillo or Corey Allan 2 Blake Ferguson 3 kotoni staggs 4 nick cotric 5 addo cart 6 Matt burton 7 Kyle Flanagan now that’s a hectic backline
Cotric on the wing addo carr on the wing.
Allen in the centres and staggs

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is ryan sutton off contract?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d love to see us go sign kris and naden. Given up on staggs.

Wont break the bank.

1. Allen
2. Jac
3. Naden
4. Kris
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Part ways with Dwz. Retain okonbor.

Sign a Fucking hooker ASAP hopefully b Smith.

Then some fucking forwards who can offer something. Need a few big bodies and a few hard ***** to help the few good forwards and kids we have. Need like 3-4.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d sign Hynes to play FB.
Allan to centre
We were super close to Staggs but Bronx upped offer and told him he’s their 5/8. Game over there now.
That said, I think we need a centre until Alamoti is ready...

Hynes
JAC
Allan
?
Cotric

Okunbor back up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Plays 2ndrow and hooker.

He's a very enthusiastic player, bit of a pinball too loves to bounce and bump his way around from what I've seen of him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd send RFM to england in a player swap for Morgan Knowles
Knowles is a great player. I'm not sure how he'd fare over here though but would be worth the risk. He recently extended his deal at Saints though as far as I'm aware

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’d sign Hynes to play FB.
Allan to centre
We were super close to Staggs but Bronx upped offer and told him he’s their 5/8. Game over there now.
That said, I think we need a centre until Alamoti is ready...

Hynes
JAC
Allan
?
Cotric

Okunbor back up
That centre could be Schoupp

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would play well there. But personally I'd want him on the ball more at first or second receiver.
The way FBs are playing these days they are basically in the halves...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way FBs are playing these days they are basically in the halves...
Not in our current attacking structure they aren', not in Panthers either.
Roosters and Teddy probably the perfect example

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s ok mate he’s entitled to his opinion. If he is right we are really fucked cause $1.5m for 13 players (taking out Burton and JAC) is not a lot at all. Keep in mind Jacko wouldn’t have all his salary in the cap as he’d be getting long serving player allowance so I think Malla is right personally. Not all of the remaining 13 would be on minimum some $50-$80k more.
It can’t be right, there’s half a dozen teams with superstars all over the place with good depth and they’re supposedly within the cap. I think Dexter and Malla are right or close to the mark.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry about the long post, got a heap to say on this topic. After watching some of these off contract players for a couple of years now, and over the first 3 rounds, personally I’m happy to let most if not all of them go regardless of the money. I understand the question who do we replace the min wage or lower paid players with? We might replace a plodder with a plodder etc, and I get that, but for me a change of scenery for everyone might be the best solution. We know what we have with these players/plodders, I say let them go and maybe we can find a diamond in the rough plying QLD cup, in PNG or Fiji somewhere. Search NZ rugby for an undervalued beast. Make up those numbers with some untested rookies who offer something, size, speed, leaping ability etc. Guys like Sivo or Semi didn’t know football, they had athletic abilities and were taught a basic set of league rules, plays etc. We don’t always need to grab the footballer. You can always teach an athlete to play football (in certain positions anyway), but it’s harder to teach a footballer to be an athlete! We should also Look to grab a Vet who is being moved on but still offers value for 1yr with club option for 2nd. I just think worst case scenario we sign a bunch of duds, well we have that already and know it. I’d like to see us maybe retain for the right price Meaney and Okunbor for cover FB/Outside backs and maybe JMK pending if we secure a quality hooker and also how Deitz plays. Maybe Atoni and Ogden if they can perform in the next couple of months. Recruits who we should target who might be at the higher price bracket are the same as everyone else has mentioned Hooker: BSmith/Clarke, Forwards Rudolf, Talaki, Su’a and outside backs Staggs, Coates. Value buys might include Bunty, Lui up front and Jackson Ferris is a young centre from Cronulla who looked good in the few times I’ve seen him play. Sam McIntyre formerly Tigers now GC looked good last yr at Tigers, haven’t seen him play this yr though, wouldn’t cost a lot. Billy Smith Roosters, outside back, he has had a few injuries but wouldn’t cost a lot and highly rated at the Roosters, they might be willing to let him leave given his injury history, he Could be worth a gamble. Rumour has it Matt Prior might be looking to come back to Aus from the ESL. He might have a good year or two left in him at a decent price. Bunnies have the young hooker Joshua Cook behind the beach sprinter.. I admit I haven’t seen him play but I’ve read about him a few times and is another highly rated rookie. I hope we are at least looking these options and more, not all these would work but again there are some targets available if we look hard enough and recruit smart. Surely these options gotta be better than what we have in the squad right now.
I like this! Someone with vision. We should be eyeing off 2 to 3 marquee signings and scouring the globe to unearth talent.

1. NZ has a plethora of Rugby talent, all brought up through elite systems, but unless your in the all blacks, it doesn’t pay very well.
2. The International 7s rugby circuit is ridiculously stacked with talent, those guys are super fit and super quick but getting payed peanuts
3. UK Super league has a really strong forward and hooking pool, most are on average contracts with only the elite earning good coin.
4. It’s well documented the Pacific islands is untapped and possesses talent for miles, you only need a good eye and courage to give them a chance like Parra did twice with Radradra and Sivo
5. NSW and QLD cup have a few hidden gems who will jump at anything to land in first grade.

We just have to be both smart and courageous with recruitment in 2022.