2022 retention and recruitment

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You shouldn't have said anything. Now Rain Man will harass you for twenty posts.
It’s ok mate he’s entitled to his opinion. If he is right we are really fucked cause $1.5m for 13 players (taking out Burton and JAC) is not a lot at all. Keep in mind Jacko wouldn’t have all his salary in the cap as he’d be getting long serving player allowance so I think Malla is right personally. Not all of the remaining 13 would be on minimum some $50-$80k more.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s ok mate he’s entitled to his opinion. If he is right we are really fucked cause $1.5m for 13 players (taking out Burton and JAC) is not a lot at all. Keep in mind Jacko wouldn’t have all his salary in the cap as he’d be getting long serving player allowance so I think Malla is right personally. Not all of the remaining 13 would be on minimum some $50-$80k more.
No that's not what I said. I said ~2.5m and 13 spots to fill. If we fill 11 of those with minimum wage players we have ~1.4m on 2 spots to fill. That's just an e.g. maybe we'll fill 9 or 10 with minimum wage players. This isn't including the 500k we could have saved in our salary cap (spending 95%) this year but you'd also assume a lot of players we're filling these spots with next year will be on slightly more than minimum wage so it'll balance itself out anyways. Does that make sense? Stop reading old mates posts about what I'm saying because he can't comprehend and picks and chooses what he wants.

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Buy some good props and a hooker. Upgrade a couple of the outside backs from mounties They're solid!

Reactions: ATT

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Warrington.. Yeah we don't know for sure if he will come over but if he is genuinely interested, a transfer fee or player swap could be arranged with the Wolves and Clark might just want to leave and finally give it a go in the NRL. It's a great unknown, but if there's a chance, we need to go after him.

If not, Cotter/Robson, Starling or Kenny would be the best potential available options in the NRL.
Yes, Warrington ... was thinking we should be pursuing Starling and Ryan Sutton (ex-Wigan) to rotate with Thommo off the bench when I was writing that (mentioned in another thread) ... we need to do something ... want our start to 2022 to begin with a few wins opposed to this year's 3 losses.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Jacko's salary isn't all on the cap. We still have cap space this season which factors into next season too.

Meaney was on 300k. Lewis was re-signed for 350k or so. JMK probably 300k or more. Napa is on 550k. Hoppa was backended and is somehow on like 700k or so this season. So there's plenty of space to work with.

Upgrade three or four youngsters on the minimum and you make 100k in the difference between moving on someone like Chrichton, Ogden or Renouf and promoting a junior on the 120k minimum.

I know people at other clubs who manage their caps and know how these things work. I don't know the above figures about our players for sure, they're just educated guesses by using logic and what info reliable sources have provided.. It's not hard to see how we'd still have decent cap space for next year even after signing Burton and Fox.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly. Jacko's salary isn't all on the cap. We still have cap space this season which factors into next season too.

Meaney was on 300k. Lewis was re-signed for 350k or so. JMK probably 300k or more. Napa is on 550k. Hoppa was backended and is somehow on like 700k or so this season. So there's plenty of space to work with.

Upgrade three or four youngsters on the minimum and you make 100k in the difference between moving on someone like Chrichton, Ogden or Renouf and promoting a junior on the 120k minimum.

I know people at other clubs who manage their caps and know how these things work. I don't know the above figures about our players, they're just guesses but using logic and what info reliable sources have provided, it's not hard to see how we'd still have decent cap space for next year even after signing Burton and Fox.
Hopoate back ended? Haha 700k? Haha Fuck this I'm out, you guys are entitled to believe whatever you want I guess.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No that's not what I said. I said ~2.5m and 13 spots to fill. If we fill 11 of those with minimum wage players we have ~1.4m on 2 spots to fill. That's just an e.g. maybe we'll fill 9 or 10 with minimum wage players. Does that make sense?
Yeah I get it so your not too different to what Malla is
saying then. Your at $2.5M 13 spots and he’s at $3m 13 spots?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopoate back ended? Haha 700k? Haha Fuck this I'm out, you guys are entitled to believe whatever you want I guess.
There was this guy called Des. He did this all of the time. You were probably in nappies at the time but Eastwood was on 800k in his last season and he signed Foran for $1 million a year. Believe what you want. The grown ups are talking.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who looks after Recruitment & Retention these days at the club?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No that's not what I said. I said ~2.5m and 13 spots to fill. If we fill 11 of those with minimum wage players we have ~1.4m on 2 spots to fill. That's just an e.g. maybe we'll fill 9 or 10 with minimum wage players. This isn't including the 500k we could have saved in our salary cap (spending 95%) this year but you'd also assume a lot of players we're filling these spots with next year will be on slightly more than minimum wage so it'll balance itself out anyways. Does that make sense? Stop reading old mates posts about what I'm saying because he can't comprehend and picks and chooses what he wants.
I replied before you did the old update and added additional commentary. But I think my reply gives context anyway. And I’m not out to get you mate you do a good job of stirring up debates as is I just simply agree with Malla based on my own logic. Take it or leave it really.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, Warrington ... was thinking we should be pursuing Starling and Ryan Sutton (ex-Wigan) to rotate with Thommo off the bench when I was writing that (mentioned in another thread) ... we need to do something ... want our start to 2022 to begin with a few wins opposed to this year's 3 losses.
Sutton is really good. Canberra are so stacked in the forwards that surely we can sign one or two of theirs. Surely they have to be under cap pressure eventually.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sadly getting a gun hookers now below two proper props as a priority.
Shits me how many serviceable hookers we've overlooked in past years.
Watching Tits game and would even love Corey Thompson back.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Should make a serious play for Ardie Savea Hass and JT and a hooker thats all plus a couple of good young forwards blacker , Mariota if they wnna come or most likely see 3 or 4 good solid forwards of ours steam in

Diego Bravo Graham , Erza Howe , Lleyton Borg
Solid come ups

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should make a serious play for Ardie Savea Hass and JT and a hooker thats all plus a couple of good young forwards blacker , Mariota if they wnna come or most likely see 3 or 4 good solid forwards of ours steam in

Diego Bravo Graham , Erza Howe , Lleyton Borg
Solid come ups
You can't say we should sign blacker forwards, I think that's racist these days?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't, we have a lot less. All you need to do is have an estimated guess with who's off contract/who we won't retain and then subtract 1m for JAC and Burton. I'd say we're closer to 1.5m (my estimates are a lot less, I'm just praying).
Fuck you can spin shit with your figures.

There is 18 players off contract this season and if you're being extremely generous and calling it an average of $200k per player thats $3.6m

Just stfu with your figures. You're annoying

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Sutton is really good. Canberra are so stacked in the forwards that surely we can sign one or two of theirs. Surely they have to be under cap pressure eventually.
Their backs even rapana are on minimum, might not be under as much cap pressure as you would think,probs Soliolas last year as well, but surely Greuler or Horsburugh might want out if continually playing in reserve grade.