Official 2022 Jersey flegg cup train on squad

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eli clark is from north coast as well, right?
Thought someone said his brother is a better talent. Didnt say the name on hm and sg list. May be playing locally.
Yes, Eli comes from up here. His younger brother still lives in town and is a good talent.

Great to see we have kept a lot of the boys from this year. Some good uns coming through and I love the new pro active approach by the club. About time we kept and developed for ourselves....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gonna be an interesting battle at hooker between Ghantous and Ediq.
Hopefully with Gus on board we start to see some of these players filter through to first grade and stick with the club. Really hope O'Neill and Rajab can continue their partnership, push up into reserve grade.
Seen Ghantous play and he is phenomenal. Rajab and O'neill good too...this is exciting for us as a club and I feel that this has been a plan for us with the new executive and the appointment of Wardy. Spoke to him at one of the few games before lockdown just prior to his appointment and he said then the club is drawing a line in the sand with the pathways scheme as they were sick of others taking our players after we had started guiding them through the system. No more.......

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah i get what you mean, i prob know why they made that statement, because few of the local doggy juniors got into other districts development teams in previous years, now the kids are not wanted there and have come back to the dogs, now the dogs are saying tough luck you cant join our development teams, which i support
Pampers have been doing this for years......

Reactions: ATT

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seen Ghantous play and he is phenomenal. Rajab and O'neill good too...this is exciting for us as a club and I feel that this has been a plan for us with the new executive and the appointment of Wardy. Spoke to him at one of the few games before lockdown just prior to his appointment and he said then the club is drawing a line in the sand with the pathways scheme as they were sick of others taking our players after we had started guiding them through the system. No more.......
One of the reasons players left the Dogs was because of the old "system" - or lack of a genuine system that developed from around 2012 - it was not considered a good club at which to develop and get opportunity. Whether it was skill development, playing opportunities or the way development contracts were given out - better pathways in most other clubs for anyone with genuine potential.
Things definitely improved last year

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cooper talau would of been moved by his dad as soon as his contract was up. Apparently his dad was mad that he wasn’t considered as a coaching candidate at the dogs. He’s pulled all of his sons away from the dogs since and I believe he’s currently coaching at st George

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will the the Flegg Ball n Matts revert back to 20s, 18s, and 16s for next year?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If cooper talau is still with us he should be in the top 30 and play first grade hes played with players like schuster walsh hamiso tabuai fidow jason saab jock madden bradmen best sam walker kelomatangi max feagei stephen crichton zac cini and topine which if topine had good coaches infront of him he would been a star rookie
Lol

No

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got so many kids ready to step up but we still have too many flops taking up valuable roster spots in NSW cup.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've got so many kids ready to step up but we still have too many flops taking up valuable roster spots in NSW cup.
I disagree the young blokes haven't had a chance to develop properly over the last 2 years we cant rush them.