2022 Hooker

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes/no. We need Brandon Smith before Daryl Clark. If we miss out on both it could be devastating tho (relying on a contracted player to pop up).
Daryl Clark is a better hooker than Smith. Smith might be the more consistent, tougher player.. But Clark is perfectly suited to the faster game and will carve up like Cook does with retreating markers. Smith can't do that..

Clark should be our number one target and we need to offer more than the Titans or anyone else. Plus use the Thompson/England connection..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simpkins at tigers is leading the comp is tries, tackles. I think he is also in the top 5 for line break. Broncos Jnr so you’d think he won’t be a long term option. But worth contacting his agent and letting him know if he comes over the 9 is his.

Apart from that maybe a handful of players that could be decent. But none really elite. Funny to see Mahoney is at the top of the dally m tally so far. Kids been going great to start the season.

Best bet we have is clear the decks and have a 1.1 million dollar contract ready for grant come next contract. Offer him 3 years 3.3 million dollars. He will be worth every cent (look what he did in half a game of origin last year).
Simpkin or Starling would be a great choice if we miss out Clark. Much cheaper too..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Daryl Clark is a better hooker than Smith. Smith might be the more consistent, tougher player.. But Clark is perfectly suited to the faster game and will carve up like Cook does with retreating markers. Smith can't do that..

Clark should be our number one target and we need to offer more than the Titans or anyone else. Plus use the Thompson/England connection..
I don't think Clark is better but you're entitled to your opinion.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of hookers off contract this year? BSmith won’t come.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of hookers off contract this year? BSmith won’t come.
Turpin
Kenny
Liddle

Rein
Lussick (Eels)
Brittian

The list is quite bad. We need someone contracted. The first 3 would be slightly improvements (I'm a Turpin fan).

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand what the fuss is all about. We let go Damian Cook because some fvckwit thought we had a better No.9. As it turned out we ended up getting rid of that fvckwit but all too late as we have inherited years of pain and torture because of him.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see us try something different for the rest of the year . Wakeham perhaps . Or even BBO at the end of the year when eligible. Deitz is probably worth another go as well . No sense us continuing with JMK and Katoa .

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand what the fuss is all about. We let go Damian Cook because some fvckwit thought we had a better No.9. As it turned out we ended up getting rid of that fvckwit but all too late as we have inherited years of pain and torture because of him.
Worst decision ever to let him go.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see us try something different for the rest of the year . Wakeham perhaps . Or even BBO at the end of the year when eligible. Deitz is probably worth another go as well . No sense us continuing with JMK and Katoa .
If BBO can tackle, I'd say go for it. He's quick, has a nice step, he has a kicking game and he's a halfback so he has a good footy brain so let's give him a shot. The only question is if he's ready for FG and can he handle the defensive workload. I like the kid so I hope we keep him in some capacity