2022 Hooker

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to stop buying other clubs rejects that don’t make the top 17.
Make no mistake Kenny is rated by the Panthers. They chose him over Egan/Katoa. Just so happens we got Api later who's one of the best in the comp otherwise Kenny would be the 9 permenantly.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Make no mistake Kenny is rated by the Panthers. They chose him over Egan/Katoa. Just so happens we got Api later who's one of the best in the comp otherwise Kenny would be the 9 permenantly.
In fairness it's not asking much to be more highly regarded than Egan and Katoa. Egan is the dumbest, most selfish hooker in the comp and Katoa can't pass to save his life.

Kenny has been good this season, but Starling or Simpkin offer way more upside.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No one is saying he's the answer. There are only a minimal amount of top class hookers, what do we do if we can't get them? Do we rely on JMK and Katoa for another 3 years? Or would we at least have someone like Kenny as a backup option if we can't get a top class hooker?
There’s several good #9s in the UK, QLD cup, NSW cup and I’ll add Deitz is better than Kenny. Deitz is our back up option.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Above Kenny, I have Havili (Raiders) Joey Lussick (Eels), Billy Walters (Tigers) Sam Powell (Wigan), Kruise Leeming (Leeds), Matt Parcell (Hull). I’m still confident we can land B Smith.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elite, proven, genuine running 9 would be great.!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Above Kenny, I have Havili (Raiders) Joey Lussick (Eels), Billy Walters (Tigers) Sam Powell (Wigan), Kruise Leeming (Leeds), Matt Parcell (Hull). I’m still confident we can land B Smith.
I reckon we have him already and are chasing the hell out of J.Bromwich.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where Billy Ngwini when u need him..
I thought I would look him up to see what he is doing these days.

"For the 2017/2018 season he joined Irish Junior rugby team Wicklow Town RFC, playing in Leinster Division 1A, deploying his step alongside such greats as Dean H Leonard and Tommy O Donovan. Playing at scrum half and winger Billy scored many tries and received many many yellow cards."

It's from Wikipedia so you never know the veracity of it.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why arent we in discussions with a hooker to trade with from another club?
Must have numb hands at belmore from sitting on them all the time.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stop buying other clubs rejects that don’t make the top 17.
Yep agree mate but in some instances the club is wrong.

Manly got rid of Korosau
Papenhausen was shipped around by the storm in 2019

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know this Clarkey is a muppet, but shouldn't we be making moves like this. Screenshot_20210408_213124.jpg

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know this Clarkey is a muppet, but shouldn't we be making moves like this. View attachment 22933
Yes/no. We need Brandon Smith before Daryl Clark. If we miss out on both it could be devastating tho (relying on a contracted player to pop up).

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simpkins at tigers is leading the comp is tries, tackles. I think he is also in the top 5 for line break. Broncos Jnr so you’d think he won’t be a long term option. But worth contacting his agent and letting him know if he comes over the 9 is his.

Apart from that maybe a handful of players that could be decent. But none really elite. Funny to see Mahoney is at the top of the dally m tally so far. Kids been going great to start the season.

Best bet we have is clear the decks and have a 1.1 million dollar contract ready for grant come next contract. Offer him 3 years 3.3 million dollars. He will be worth every cent (look what he did in half a game of origin last year).