2022-23 NRL Pre Season Consolidation Thread

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A thread to talk about all the other 15 teams pre seasons like off season scandals, signings, players in brand new jerseys, people movements/rumours etc. Let’s start with Jack Hetherington in a Newcastle Jersey

1667293548848.png

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers I still think are going to struggle hard. Having issues getting decent talent to the club as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tigers I still think are going to struggle hard. Having issues getting decent talent to the club as well.
Api and Pap should make "some sort of" improvement?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Be real if Jack got away with half of what JWH does week to week he would be a valuable asset to any team and a fan favourite. Would rather a few more Jack Hetheringtons than the penalty milking pussies and others who hit it up with self preservation littering the modern game.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Be real if Jack got away with half of what JWH does week to week he would be a valuable asset to any team and a fan favourite. Would rather a few more Jack Hetheringtons than the penalty milking pussies and others who hit it up with self preservation littering the modern game.
I agree, I think if he was treated the same as JWH & NAS were this year he could have shown some value. Unfortunately, there seem to be two rule books at times.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Train & Trial lists have been released via DT.

Stuckey has left and gone to Manly.
Tui Katoa to the Roosters.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When is the bloody draw coming out?

And is there going to be a pre season comp or not, like the good old days? USA game is off because they have run out of time.

Why can't the NRL be more fucking organised?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Had some hope for Stuckey but he started looking real meh in the finals and second half of the season.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stuckey is rubbish mate, and Katoa's only position is left wing. Who's better the Fox or a Reserve Grader?

Is Philip Makatoa still at the club? He's an absolute gun who hasn't missed a NSW cup game this season and plays full 80 minutes.

Stuckey and Katoa are no losses at all.

I expect Iverson Matai and Philip Makatoa to be in the top 30.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jayden Tanner and Declan Casey will be kept for NSW Cup contracts again this year.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayden Tanner and Declan Casey will be kept for NSW Cup contracts again this year.
Please tell me Doorey and Wakeham are gone, along with Stuckey and Katoa. Thank god we resigned Topine and what's the situation with Hoffman?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Please tell me Doorey and Wakeham are gone, along with Stuckey and Katoa. Thank god we resigned Topine and what's the situation with Hoffman?
Topine resigned. Idk about the other 3. Probably gone.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuckey is rubbish mate, and Katoa's only position is left wing. Who's better the Fox or a Reserve Grader?

Is Philip Makatoa still at the club? He's an absolute gun who hasn't missed a NSW cup game this season and plays full 80 minutes.

Stuckey and Katoa are no losses at all.

I expect Iverson Matai and Philip Makatoa to be in the top 30.
Makatoa had a few suspension during the year including missing 1st semi for punching on in the last round against Newtown

And matai was named in the Ball squad for next year

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw this a couple days ago. If you were a 33 year old with a patchy recent work history, this would be too good a deal to miss.

FB_IMG_1667770726340.jpg