2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Btw some Penrith fans want a swap between tpj and Spencer? Would you do it if he came early?
No. Tpj can be something amazing. Let’s see him come Game time.

Panthers can’t afford him and their dreaming we would pay half.

Leinu should be bending the line with him for 24!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got out to training this morning and caught the main opposed session. They had referee Chris Butler and touchies there.

The opposed part probably went for about 25 minutes. Most of it was working through sets, proper (solid but sensible) tackling. A lot of talk from the guys. I will put 2 short clips up for reference.

A couple of guys from the starting team weren't part of it. Burton, Kiraz & TPJ. RFM played lock, Preston right edge, Reynolds was 5/8 for the duration. Averillo to wing with Braidon Burns at centre for a bit. After about 15 minutes they made some adjustments, put Okunbor to wing and Averillo shifted back in.

Flanno MOTM :-) . 2 tries, 1 repeat set. One try was backing up after a nice Max King offload to Reed who spread it out to Averillo and Burns then Flanno backing up on the inside scored. His other try was i think the only real time they were attacking the line. The previous set he rolled in for a repeat, then he sold a dummy to the left side and stepped back in to go in around the posts.

No sweeping backline moves on display in the opposed, and only really minimal time at the line attacking, they were focusing on the middle of the field and getting to kicks today it seemed. Pele was in the reserves team, still looks like fitness will be the challenge for him to step up, but was still a handful when taking hit ups.

Joash & KO both watched from the sidelines for the majority and i think got just a couple of minutes on with the reserves team at the end. I think KO will need some time to get his fitness up to scratch over the next few weeks.

TPJ not involved in training at all again. Spent time walking around on the field or going inside to the gym i think. He even missed the circle at the end of the session, maybe on purpose as its his birthday and he would have needed to dance in the middle.... I would be surprised if he gets a run in the next 2 weeks, and at least next week.

Burto was running laps while this was going on, Kiraz the same.

Good to meet @KLil & @khan (who is RIP from Kennel i believe). I am sure @KLil can add in anything else i have missed.

I have attached one image of TPJ loitering around with Willie, and two short clips available via the links below. If i had realised they weren't going to go for too long i would have done more earlier :grinning:

On point @bulldogruss and pleasure to meet ya!

Only things to add is

Bailey "buckets" Biondi-odo and Jordan Semrani had their first jogs today after ACL's and looked really good. Everyone rallying behind the kids.

The boys came over to the sidelines for a chat at the end.. Kiraz's quad is fine, cant wait to rip into the trials, told him to relaxxxxx until the seasons starts cause we need you bra!

Met Karl Olaopu and "Welcomed him to the BEST club in the WORLD!!" He obviiously cracked up but very levelled headed kid and is very happy to be here. Says everyone is looking after him very well...

El Capitain still blushing over the tag (RFM) and Burto still practicing in front of the mirror... :p

Pre season training OVER ladies gents! Time to get ready for some footy!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Training the house down and is first cat off the rank incase of injuries... Is filling in everywhere from FB to centre. He is actually looking very very good.
Good luck to him. I have never been a hater, as many on here are, but unless he wants to play back up i doubt he stays.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
On point @bulldogruss and pleasure to meet ya!

Only things to add is

Bailey "buckets" Biondi-odo and Jordan Semrani had their first jogs today after ACL's and looked really good. Everyone rallying behind the kids.

The boys came over to the sidelines for a chat at the end.. Kiraz's quad is fine, cant wait to rip into the trials, told him to relaxxxxx until the seasons starts cause we need you bra!

Met Karl Olaopu and "Welcomed him to the BEST club in the WORLD!!" He obviiously cracked up but very levelled headed kid and is very happy to be here. Says everyone is looking after him very well...

El Capitain still blushing over the tag (RFM) and Burto still practicing in front of the mirror... :p

Pre season training OVER ladies gents! Time to get ready for some footy!
Yes good add mate, both Bailey and Jordan looked pretty focused the whole time to get through their runs

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Training the house down and is first cat off the rank incase of injuries... Is filling in everywhere from FB to centre. He is actually looking very very good.
Braidon had a good run down the sideline and there was a particularly good hit up cutting back in to the ruck. Looked sharp. Didn’t get to see too much defensively which is where his challenge lies

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Braidon had a good run down the sideline and there was a particularly good hit up cutting back in to the ruck. Looked sharp. Didn’t get to see too much defensively which is where his challenge lies
Been doing it all pre-season and will most likely play FB for reggies. Hard to lose your spot to an 18 yr old debutant but then again not many 18 yr olds are Paul Alamoti who even went down to Belmore to watch his SG mates play after training.. Good kid.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Been doing it all pre-season and will most likely play FB for reggies. Hard to lose your spot to an 18 yr old debutant but then again not many 18 yr olds are Paul Alamoti who even went down to Belmore to watch his SG mates play after training.. Good kid.
Alamoti takes Schoupp’s side but Perham taking FB and Averillo being moved back to centre forces Burns out unfortunately for him.
Should also mention Skelton and Casey left side for reserves so they’ll likely slot in whenever Alamoti or JAC out, and Burns and Okunbor for any right side changes needed I reckon

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamoti takes Schoupp’s side but Perham taking FB and Averillo being moved back to centre forces Burns out unfortunately for him.
Should also mention Skelton and Casey left side for reserves so they’ll likely slot in whenever Alamoti or JAC out, and Burns and Okunbor for any right side changes needed I reckon
Yeah probably, depends which direction the coaches go but you would think Burns and Casey would play a fair bit of 1st grade this year when needed.

I am just stoked at the depth we have tbh compared to the last few years.. If we can instill the next man up mentality then it will go a long way to finals footy.

As JAC will say " TRUST THE PROCESS" ! :p

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All i gotta say is opposition teams better have there kick chase in order... Kid has a step that can tear right through.
Yes he had very light feet at Warrior, looked like a future star back then but never really kicked on. I think he struggled with the physical side of the game as he would get man handled quite a bit and even struggled to break contact in 1on1 situations.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They both suck. Comparing trash with trash here Nate
I reckon TPJ goes good this year. One of the most naturally gifted forwards in the game. Thommo is committed but doesn’t have the skill or size. Combine the two and you probably have a once in a generation player.