2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We went from zero strike players in our backline to probably having a log jam of backs next year

Fullback: Crichton, Perham, Papalii (how old is he?)
Wing: Addo Carr, Young (maybe?), Kiraz, Casey
Centre: Burns, Skelton, Alamoti, Averillo

Perham can cover wing and centre also I am led to believe.

I reckon there’s more moves to come.

Great work by Gus.
Burns and Averillo both off contract at this stage. Same with Casey.

Fullback: Chrichton, Perham, Papalii if he gets promoted
Wing: JAC, Kiraz
Centre: Skelton, Alamoti, Xerri

Actually signed players is not as loaded as what you think. Still lots of guys off contract trying to earn a contract for next year.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually signed players is not as loaded as what you think. Still lots of guys off contract trying to earn a contract for next year.
Add Jordan Samrani too

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I got out to training this morning and caught the main opposed session. They had referee Chris Butler and touchies there.

The opposed part probably went for about 25 minutes. Most of it was working through sets, proper (solid but sensible) tackling. A lot of talk from the guys. I will put 2 short clips up for reference.

A couple of guys from the starting team weren't part of it. Burton, Kiraz & TPJ. RFM played lock, Preston right edge, Reynolds was 5/8 for the duration. Averillo to wing with Braidon Burns at centre for a bit. After about 15 minutes they made some adjustments, put Okunbor to wing and Averillo shifted back in.

Flanno MOTM :-) . 2 tries, 1 repeat set. One try was backing up after a nice Max King offload to Reed who spread it out to Averillo and Burns then Flanno backing up on the inside scored. His other try was i think the only real time they were attacking the line. The previous set he rolled in for a repeat, then he sold a dummy to the left side and stepped back in to go in around the posts.

No sweeping backline moves on display in the opposed, and only really minimal time at the line attacking, they were focusing on the middle of the field and getting to kicks today it seemed. Pele was in the reserves team, still looks like fitness will be the challenge for him to step up, but was still a handful when taking hit ups.

Joash & KO both watched from the sidelines for the majority and i think got just a couple of minutes on with the reserves team at the end. I think KO will need some time to get his fitness up to scratch over the next few weeks.

TPJ not involved in training at all again. Spent time walking around on the field or going inside to the gym i think. He even missed the circle at the end of the session, maybe on purpose as its his birthday and he would have needed to dance in the middle.... I would be surprised if he gets a run in the next 2 weeks, and at least next week.

Burto was running laps while this was going on, Kiraz the same.

Good to meet @KLil & @khan (who is RIP from Kennel i believe). I am sure @KLil can add in anything else i have missed.

I have attached one image of TPJ loitering around with Willie, and two short clips available via the links below. If i had realised they weren't going to go for too long i would have done more earlier :grinning:

Attachments

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I got out to training this morning and caught the main opposed session. They had referee Chris Butler and touchies there.

The opposed part probably went for about 25 minutes. Most of it was working through sets, proper (solid but sensible) tackling. A lot of talk from the guys. I will put 2 short clips up for reference.

A couple of guys from the starting team weren't part of it. Burton, Kiraz & TPJ. RFM played lock, Preston right edge, Reynolds was 5/8 for the duration. Averillo to wing with Braidon Burns at centre for a bit. After about 15 minutes they made some adjustments, put Okunbor to wing and Averillo shifted back in.

Flanno MOTM :-) . 2 tries, 1 repeat set. One try was backing up after a nice Max King offload to Reed who spread it out to Averillo and Burns then Flanno backing up on the inside scored. His other try was i think the only real time they were attacking the line. The previous set he rolled in for a repeat, then he sold a dummy to the left side and stepped back in to go in around the posts.

No sweeping backline moves on display in the opposed, and only really minimal time at the line attacking, they were focusing on the middle of the field and getting to kicks today it seemed. Pele was in the reserves team, still looks like fitness will be the challenge for him to step up, but was still a handful when taking hit ups.

Joash & KO both watched from the sidelines for the majority and i think got just a couple of minutes on with the reserves team at the end. I think KO will need some time to get his fitness up to scratch over the next few weeks.

TPJ not involved in training at all again. Spent time walking around on the field or going inside to the gym i think. He even missed the circle at the end of the session, maybe on purpose as its his birthday and he would have needed to dance in the middle.... I would be surprised if he gets a run in the next 2 weeks, and at least next week.

Good to meet @KLil & @khan (who is RIP from Kennel i believe). I am sure @KLil can add in anything else i have missed.

I have attached one image of TPJ loitering around with Willie, and two short clips available via the links below. If i had realised they weren't going to go for too long i would have done more earlier :grinning:

Our lack of options on the wing to start the year is a little scary.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought they were on next year too, my bad! But Both Averillo and Casey will stay on cheap deals I reckon.. can’t see anyone else wanting them. Maybe Averillo.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wish ya let me know mate, I was keen to tag along!

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like the focus is on defense and communication - music to my ears!!
I really hope TPJ has a crack this year. I don’t like what I see and hear about his behaviour at training.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We went from zero strike players in our backline to probably having a log jam of backs next year

Fullback: Crichton, Perham, Papalii (how old is he?)
Wing: Addo Carr, Young (maybe?), Kiraz, Casey
Centre: Burns, Skelton, Alamoti, Averillo

Perham can cover wing and centre also I am led to believe.

I reckon there’s more moves to come.

Great work by Gus.
Burns is off contract this year, and i doubt he will be re-signed with all of this young talent we have coming through.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That edge is going to be exciting!!

Burto, Kiks, Ala & Foxx