2022-2023 Bulldogs Pre Season Thread

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If him and Flanno have any brains,in the pre season, they should be trying to strike up a combo like Burto and the Foxx. Okunbor can be a great asset with the right kicks.
Knockonbor shouldn't even be in the top 30!
He'd probably trip over himself running the water.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knockonbor shouldn't even be in the top 30!
He'd probably trip over himself running the water.
But he is in the top 30 And we need a right winger. If he can improve his catching and ball handling, due to the lack of competition, he will most likely be our winger. Kiraz would be an option but he might get a shot at centre

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...and defense, and positioning, and aggression, and stamina, and awareness, and care factor and...
Yeah, if he can just improve all of those (small) things, then great winger.
His defence and positioning issues a largely due to playing outside shit centres like Boourns. When your centre moves in field, as a winger,you are required to move i also.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When your centre moves in field, as a winger,you are required to move i also.
Yes, true, but HIS defense is also sub-standard.
Maybe Ciraldo can fix his deficiencies along with our structure to minimise this massive weakness in his game.
If not, there ain't no way he will be holding down an NRL spot for any length of time this year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, true, but HIS defense is also sub-standard.
Maybe Ciraldo can fix his deficiencies along with our structure to minimise this massive weakness in his game.
If not, there ain't no way he will be holding down an NRL spot for any length of time this year.
Wingers are rarely, the cause of, or, solution to a teams defensive structure or problems. His unforced errors are his Achilles heal. If he can fix that facet of his game, He is our best right wing option. He always makes good metres and he is a great finisher. He desperately requires the services of a barber or shearer though

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wingers are rarely, the cause of, or, solution to a teams defensive structure or problems. His unforced errors are his Achilles heal. If he can fix that facet of his game, He is our best right wing option. He always makes good metres and he is a great finisher. He desperately requires the services of a barber or shearer though
Barrett had no urgency what so ever in relation to our defence, it was a mess and we need some urgency in our defence organisation immediately. I really hope CC has an overhaul of our D he has not got long to pull it together, complete new squad and coach. The kennel seem to have developed very short tolerances for the shit that has been dished up in defence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Barrett had no urgency what so ever in relation to our defence, it was a mess and we need some urgency in our defence organisation immediately. I really hope CC has an overhaul of our D he has not got long to pull it together, complete new squad and coach. The kennel seem to have developed very short tolerances for the shit that has been dished up in defence.
A few key guys not back to training till January? doesn't help with gelling new defensive and attacking structures unfortunately..but...those guys should be good enough to adjust....it's the non rep guys that may need time to adjust. If those guys are all fitter, and confident in Ciro and staff, then we will be in a better place than at the start of 2022 (we hope :grinning: Looking good.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith had the best D last year and that was CCs dept . . . CC will be giving the boys a big D reaming over the summer :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor's showed some glimpses - his yardage work out of trouble a few years ago was really good. But he generally looks like a dear in the headlights and plays like one. It's symptomatic of our junior's that came through in that period and probably why most are gone. Avo and Wakeham are very similar and Renouf was the same. So was Reimis when he was with us but Bellamy's done a great job there. There's a stiffness about the way they play and they can't transition well to NRL. I reckon it's mainly mental - as if the fear of making mistakes is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully CC takes on a real hands on approach in D
Yeah, that is what I see one of the major differences this year, structures in defense can be taught, Attack these days needs to be more playing whats in front of you, not really something that can be taught, that is why our attack improved last year when Harry gave the team the confidence to play what they saw. Rather than sticking with Baz's structures. So I'm hoping for good structures and well drilled defence, and more freedom in attack.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why r people arguing for knockonbor what am i witnessing
I think it's we need someone to play wing so we can move Kiraz in, and then seeing this tall athletic African and thinking, if only. But we are all bound for disappointment unless CC is able to come up with a miracle

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor's showed some glimpses - his yardage work out of trouble a few years ago was really good. But he generally looks like a dear in the headlights and plays like one. It's symptomatic of our junior's that came through in that period and probably why most are gone. Avo and Wakeham are very similar and Renouf was the same. So was Reimis when he was with us but Bellamy's done a great job there. There's a stiffness about the way they play and they can't transition well to NRL. I reckon it's mainly mental - as if the fear of making mistakes is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
You're 100% right, in relation to all of those players not reaching their potential, right club,wrong time, wrong coach so far, hopefully . . .

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he is in the top 30 And we need a right winger. If he can improve his catching and ball handling, due to the lack of competition, he will most likely be our winger. Kiraz would be an option but he might get a shot at centre
A witches hat is in front of Knockonbor