2021 Tokyo Olympic Games

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gold

Australia take thrilling gold in men's canoe sprint
By Matt Bungard13:59
Australia have won gold in the men's K2 1000m canoe sprint, beating Germany by 0.304 seconds in a thrilling race.

What a performance from Jean van der Westhuyzen and Thomas Green - they led after the 250m and 500m marks comfortably, before being essentially dead even with the Germans after 750m and looking like they would fade.
But they found something, somehow, and managed to hold the Germans off and win Australia's 16th gold of the Games, equalling the showing from Sydney 2000.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gold Again:

14:14

Keegan Palmer (AUS) wins men's skateboard gold
Keegan Palmer makes history with gold in the inaugural Olympic skateboard competition! Pedro Barros of Brazil takes silver and Cory Juneau bronze for the US.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, just can't beat those bricks with a P ever or at least when it counts anyway.
Oh well not as though this is a new thing us running 4th, maybe this time though we can jag a bronze??

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Melissa Wu is hanging in there, 3rd after round 3 of the 10 metre platform. Not bad for a woman almost 30 in a sport dominated by teenagers.

Some of these girls have tidy figures... I'd be scared shitless jumping from that height tbh.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its now up to the Kookaburras to secure that 18th gold.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Boomer’s bust..USA proved a class above..turning a once 15 point deficit into a 19 point win (97-78) at full time.. Kevin Durant played a key role in reversing Australia’s fortune with a game high 23 points.. Aussies go on to play Slovenia in the Bronze Medal playoff, hoping to win their first Olympic medal..while the US play France to decide the gold and silver.. My money’s on the US, who despite a few hiccups in their Olympic warmup matches, have certainly hit their groove..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Boomer’s bust..USA proved a class above..turning a once 15 point deficit into a 19 point win (97-78) at full time.. Kevin Durant played a key role in reversing Australia’s fortune with a game high 23 points.. Aussies go on to play Slovenia in the Bronze Medal playoff, hoping to win their first Olympic medal..while the US play France to decide the gold and silver.. My money’s on the US, who despite a few hiccups in their Olympic warmup matches, have certainly hit their groove..
Belgium is a great little country. I've been there. It's weird, you see farmhouses on the main road. On that same main road at 9:00pm at night, the road is void of any cars whatsoever, everyone is home with their families. In fact I walked past a tavern at about 8:00pm whilst going for a walk, and it was dusk by this stage. EVERYONE in the tavern stopped talking and looked at me walking past :tearsofjoy: