2021 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD will be much better with Ponga at FB, Holmes to the wing and Coates dropped.

I don't know who replaces Gagai who was absolutely terrible but they won't be able to do much against that gun nsw left edge of Luai, Mitchell, To'o and freaking Turbo roaming around at will.
You reckon Coates gets dropped over Feldt?

Gagai has bought himself a lot of good will with previous performances, can't imagine he gets dropped or as you said, for who? There really isn't a centre to move into Capewell's spot

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gagai has bought himself a lot of good will with previous performances, can't imagine he gets dropped or as you said, for who? There really isn't a centre to move into Capewell's spot
Brenko Lee should be back by game 2, think he's available that should be one option. There's also that Cowboys centre with the long name lol. Feldt was past it 3 years ago. Happy he got a game but he's not Origin standard never was.

I'd bugger Holmes off first, put the plonker on the wing, Brimson at fullback. Hunt for all his faults is the best "utility" for QLD. I love AJ but someone tell me what positions he covers? Fullback and? Waste of a position on the bench.

QLD will have a better side next match, Papali was a huge loss, for all NSW did out wide, QLD were smashed in the middle. Welsh injuring himself in the first few minutes hurt too. NSW were full strength basically, Crighton maybe comes in for Whighton for game 2 but that's splitting hairs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
QLD will be much better with Ponga at FB, Holmes to the wing and Coates dropped.

I don't know who replaces Gagai who was absolutely terrible but they won't be able to do much against that gun nsw left edge of Luai, Mitchell, To'o and freaking Turbo roaming around at will.
No way Gagai gets dropped. He's been the best QLD back the past 5 years. You don't drop good players after 1 bad game.

Coates wont get dropped either. Feldt out for Ponga. Capewell to backrow. I think Brimson to centre.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brenko Lee should be back by game 2, think he's available that should be one option. There's also that Cowboys centre with the long name lol. Feldt was past it 3 years ago. Happy he got a game but he's not Origin standard never was.

I'd bugger Holmes off first, put the plonker on the wing, Brimson at fullback. Hunt for all his faults is the best "utility" for QLD. I love AJ but someone tell me what positions he covers? Fullback and? Waste of a position on the bench.

QLD will have a better side next match, Papali was a huge loss, for all NSW did out wide, QLD were smashed in the middle. Welsh injuring himself in the first few minutes hurt too. NSW were full strength basically, Crighton maybe comes in for Whighton for game 2 but that's splitting hairs.
Mate if Brenko was playing the score would have been 62-0, he's a liability defensively.

Pretty much agree with everything else.
8. Papali
10. Welch
13. Tino
15. Mo
16. Arrow
Looks a lot better.

Crichton comes in for Martin, and potentially starts.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought Tedesco did his job well last night and other stars shone brighter. Best team effort ive seen by Latrell in a blues jersey.
I thought Tedesco did well to not overplay his hand, in saying that 212m and 9 tackle breaks is a fair effort.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spot on Feldt will go didn't do anything except give away stupid penalties . Their whole game plan was about Coates on To'o - which they never executed anyway. Coates will definitely be there for Game 2.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm always looking to improve the side ... Turbo turbo is the best fullback ... No contest. So play him at fullback. He ate tedescos lunch all night last night.

Tommy turbo was the best centre and best fullback on the field last night.. he was everywhere.. I thought there was two or three of him out there, I'm surprised he didn't pass to himself to score.
I don't know if I'd drop Tedesco given his experience, those players often come back in the next game and do something pretty good especially in a tight nervy match that could go either way. I definitely agree though that it's a no contest now as to who's better out of Tommy and Tedesco.

Has Tedesco played a lot of wing?

Last edited: