2021 Round 8 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get yu hand off it Baz...
Nah...each to there own, I just dont like it.
You gonna win, do it in style, dont be a dog about it.
Its always been there but its out of control and its only going to get worse.
Benji clearly milked a penalty. We all know it including the officials.
But yeah, hes a genious and smart and all that, commentators lined up on the sideline ready to give him a gobby for it.
My bad, I was actually replying to @Cook with tongue firmly planted in cheek but hit reply to your comment by mistake.

I was simply admiring the old bloke showing some of his magic but he wanted to bag him and give Walker credit for some of Benjis work. I don’t think Benji was doing a Soward, more just an old head leveraging a silly rule.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Koloamatangi is a beast and would love him in our pack.
Him and Sua are brutal. This years finals when it’s down to last four, are going to be epic. Comps a bit lob sided, yet I reckon be best finals series

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see CHN stays consistent with his usual six missed tackles a game. How he's starting over some of their gun forwards is beyond me. He's so overrated.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have had too many bourbons, especially for a Thu night, but I've been trying to find the penalty count for tonight's game on the nrl website. I can't find it. (Why ?) From my secondary research (Reddit), it was 8 - 1 to Souffs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good to see CHN stays consistent with his usual six missed tackles a game. How he's starting over some of their gun forwards is beyond me. He's so overrated.
He also only had 6 runs for 38 metres in 80 minutes. What a softcock.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ricky complaining about the slow ruck and was surprised they only had 7 set restarts. I called it at the beginning of the match, South’s were lying all over the Raiders and should have been pinged much much more.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
On reputation. His performances over the last few months have been awful, Raiders are better without him. We will end up with Smith or Clark.
It's because he's back from a reco. Takes a few months to a year to get back to normal. Been saying this for years.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On Brisbane tonight in an upset. There last four games have been against the top four sides. Good value against much easier opposition than what they’ve been facing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's because he's back from a reco. Takes a few months to a year to get back to normal. Been saying this for years.
You're right it does take time but he's had several other injuries over recent years and has been on the decline for a while. He was great his first few seasons in the NRL, and is still a good player but it wouldn't surprise me if Canberra move him on after this season and make Starling their hooker on a much cheaper deal.

Canberra have to shake things up massively and this move seems like a no brainer..

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ricky complaining about the slow ruck and was surprised they only had 7 set restarts. I called it at the beginning of the match, South’s were lying all over the Raiders and should have been pinged much much more.
Ricky is a serial whinger. It's never his fault apparently....always either the refs or the players not putting in. I mean he basically dropped Papallii and Hodgson so is it any wonder his team is struggling when a significant slice of his cap is sitting on the sideline? That's down to him and his dumbass selections.
As for the disallowed tries...they were both classic obstruction calls. Maybe he should coach his players not to loiter in the defensive line? That would be a start. Can't stand the guy

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Benji milking the penalty instead of actually making an attempt to tackle.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Benji milking the penalty instead of actually making an attempt to tackle.
Nah it was an obstruction, benji just making sure the ref spotted it

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm v Sharks at 6pm - my picks

- Storm to cover ( -16.5)
- >43.5
- ATS: JAC, Reimis

With Tolman and Woods as the starting front row, i'll be shocked if Storm don't just completely roll over them and score in the first 5 minutes.