2021 Round 4 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, Ben Marschke getting a run with the Chooks tonight. Was part of our NSW Cup squad last couple seasons.
Crazy. You'd think he'd struggle to make their Reserves, let alone get a FG spot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They will still be at least 3 wins ahead of us and miles in front on for and against..? I know you are keen to run cover for Barrett for whatever reason but I don’t understand how downplaying Hooks efforts help you?

I have said several time that Barrett has 3 years so he won’t be going anywhere soon, so what is your point?
My point is, they're still an average side.. It's not about Baz, it's about the fact that they've had a soft draw and got lucky today that Newcastle had so many injuries otherwise they would have lost as they were down 13-6.. If we had that draw to start the season, we could be 2-2 easily.

I said last year Hook was a good coach and would be a solid caretaker option for us. He always gets his teams playing hard and competing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It didn’t last year
We had Tolman and Thompson last year that are better than any props we have now.

At most we'd have 1 of our forwards make their starting lineup.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My point is, they're still an average side.. It's not about Baz, it's about the fact that they've had a soft draw and got lucky today that Newcastle had so many injuries otherwise they would have lost as they were down 13-6.. If we had that draw to start the season, we could be 2-2 easily.

I said last year Hook was a good coach and would be a solid caretaker option for us. He always gets his teams playing hard and competing.
Yeah, but after watching us I don’t think we would be 2-2 we have been rubbish. The Knights lost a couple but Dragons didn’t have Hunt and it was in Newcastle and they now have Frizzelle.

I think Hook is a bloody good coach and facts are his win percentage backs it up. I will be more interested to see our reaction as a team next week against the Storm

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had Tolman and Thompson last year that are better than any props we have now.

At most we'd have 1 of our forwards make their starting lineup.
Thompson was being bagged up and down on here last year and Tolman was universally hated by the majority who also rejoiced in his departure.

FWIW. I rate Thompson and also believe Tolmans departure has hurt our defence more than anything, but the Dragons pack last year were playing like ours are now but Hook has steeled them up for sure.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Slow down on the Saints love.. They've only beaten Manly, Nth Qld and Newcastle who had Pearce, Mann, Hoy and Klemmer go down.. They looked horrible for the first 60 minutes til Newcastle fell apart.

I'll give credit to their defence and line speed though.

So much of this season will be based on matchups and teams could look great one week and shocking the next.
This is their time of the season to shine too, before May

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, but after watching us I don’t think we would be 2-2 we have been rubbish. The Knights lost a couple but Dragons didn’t have Hunt and it was in Newcastle and they now have Frizzelle.

I think Hook is a bloody good coach and facts are his win percentage backs it up. I will be more interested to see our reaction as a team next week against the Storm
I just hope we can beat Nth Qld the week after that! I agree about Hook. Got fucked over at Brisbane and Penrith and always has his teams around the finals hunt.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Its the Canterbury Vodafone Warrior Bulldogs here

Kits look better than ours hahah how the fuck can we keep classic ongoing has to stop

Nike or Adidas our kit needs it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its the Canterbury Vodafone Warrior Bulldogs here

Kits look better than ours hahah how the fuck can we keep classic ongoing has to stop

Nike or Adidas our kit needs it
Never associate the bulldogs an warriors, that’s very insulting to the blue and white.!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walker has already shown more vision and class in the first half of his debut than Flanagan has his whole career.