2021 Round 14 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beautiful sharks win… take a BOW Shaun. You did it in style!!!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brandy salty LOL sucked in to him, unfortunately for Burto he couldnt quite carry them home, supreme second half lifted bigtime..
MAY is shit why don't they give Salmon a run?
May tries to be Cleary's clone...the way he holds the ball and flicks it between his hands....fucken wanker hasn't got his own style.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kennel

First half... Burto is not the future he's over rated, hopefully he backflips, not the player we think he is, next nsw and Australian half my ass

Second half

The ones that criticised him disappeared, the rest ohhh man what a talent, this kid is unbelievable, just need another good player with and we set

This is the reason I'm hooked on this forum lol love it

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was a good under pressure boot, Johnson and Burton could be mates next year, apparently he wants a wad.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton VERY bad.
We were saying he’s going to be the future NSW and Australian 5/8th. We go off too early on TK
It was always going to happen, he's a good talent but he's no where near the level some of our fans thought. I said this at the time but if you switched Averillo and Burton then Averillo would've been hyped just as much as Burton playing within that system.

This is why we need to chase SJ, we need some experience in the spine because it's hard for young kids to find their feet in the NRL and especially in a side that's struggling.
We might have to get used to it.
Lmaoo at how dumb and reactionary you lot look rn

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was always going to happen, he's a good talent but he's no where near the level some of our fans thought. I said this at the time but if you switched Averillo and Burton then Averillo would've been hyped just as much as Burton playing within that system.

This is why we need to chase SJ, we need some experience in the spine because it's hard for young kids to find their feet in the NRL and especially in a side that's struggling.
Averillo has never been close to Burton when it comes to talent. He can't defend for one thing.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lmaoo at how dumb and reactionary you lot look rn
I’ll be very happy to look dumb if he keeps producing like that. If he doesn’t get the help with good players around him next year and we keep losing games then don’t expect him to play like he did in the second half every week on a consistent basis. He’s still developing and it would be a big ask to lump our shit team on his shoulders if we don’t buy some quality. You do not want him to burn out.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ll be very happy to look dumb if he keeps producing like that. If he doesn’t get the help with good players around him next year and we keep losing games then don’t expect him to play like he did in the second half every week on a consistent basis. He’s still developing and it would be a big ask to lump our shit team on his shoulders if we don’t buy some quality. You do not want him to burn out.
This is true. At the same time, the evidence that he is quality, not merely looking good because of the players around him, is there for all to see on a regular basis. Yet 1 half of average play seems to count for more, with loads of predictions that he will be a complete flop. Fans need to keep in mind that the best players in history had plenty of average games.

What we really saw in this thread was confirmation bias, it means even the best players can't win with some fans, because the 10 things they do right are ignored and the 1 thing they do wrong is proof.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo has never been close to Burton when it comes to talent. He can't defend for one thing.
His defence has improved this season, about as much as you could expect in our side. But my point is if Jake was in the Panthers system instead of Burton then he would have a similar amount of hype to him. People forget than Burton joined the Panthers as a winger lol.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
His defence has improved this season, about as much as you could expect in our side. But my point is if Jake was in the Panthers system instead of Burton then he would have a similar amount of hype to him. People forget than Burton joined the Panthers as a winger lol.
I like Jake but he's nowhere near Burton in ability

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is true. At the same time, the evidence that he is quality, not merely looking good because of the players around him, is there for all to see on a regular basis. Yet 1 half of average play seems to count for more, with loads of predictions that he will be a complete flop. Fans need to keep in mind that the best players in history had plenty of average games.

What we really saw in this thread was confirmation bias, it means even the best players can't win with some fans, because the 10 things they do right are ignored and the 1 thing they do wrong is proof.
It’s normal, we haven’t had success for a long time. You can’t blame us for not believing that the tables will turn around for us again. Even the most positive thing will make some of us stay in denial. You can blame some of us for feeling this way.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fucking LOL... we are all pretty much fans of Avo and want to see him succeed, but he is no where near Burtons level of talent, ticker or footy brain.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
fucking LOL... we are all pretty much fans of Avo and want to see him succeed, but he is no where near Burtons level of talent, ticker or footy brain.
I think Marely knows Burton is way better than Averillo, but everyone is missing his point. If Averillo was running off the likes of Cleary and Luai and playing along side the likes of Kikau and all the other Penrith players he’d be scoring tries at will because we all know his talent, and if we signed him from the panthers everyone would be jizzing in their pants thinking he’d take us to the top four when he arrives at our club. 100% we would be thinking that.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Marely knows Burton is way better than Averillo, but everyone is missing his point. If Averillo was running off the likes of Cleary and Luai and playing along side the likes of Kikau and all the other Penrith players he’d be scoring tries at will because we all know his talent, and if we signed him from the panthers everyone would be jizzing in their pants thinking he’d take us to the top four when he arrives at our club. 100% we would be thinking that.
Sure, except for one small detail. Burton is creating the chances and tries off his positional play, kicking and passing game and bravery taking on the line. I actually believe Burton will become a Tommy T type of player that dramatically impacts a teams fortunes and success. They will be running off him

I am just messing with Marley cause that's what we both do for fun:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't like you guys anymore.